Recent content by Whosondephone

1. Whosondephone

Post Replacement for V20 - No VoLTE Outside of Stock

I actually just switched over to Firefox on the V20. It still supports Android 5. I don't even know what confection that is. It's a bit slower than chrome based browsers. But perhaps a bit more secure because it's not chromium based. I use Brave to Bing things. Switched to Bing too. And...
  2. Whosondephone

Post Lemon Drop Hi-Res. The best music player rom in the universe.

Hey Darnrain1, I just updated my VS99520d ROM. I really appreciate your feedback from last time. Could you take a look at my hacky work? Can you give me any hints as to how other developers created the partition scrips? Or working with TWRP in general. Thanks. You are the best! I tried...
  3. Whosondephone

Post Lemon Drop Hi-Res. The best music player rom in the universe.

Finally got around to testing your debloat script. It's awesome! I waited too long to try it out. The only thing I don't care for is the color calibration. Would you kindly tell me which file gets modified with the new color profile? Or tell me what to look for in the script? Or is it...
  4. Whosondephone

Post Replacement for V20 - No VoLTE Outside of Stock

I really don't think it's that big of a deal unless you are a public figure or a person of interest. I didn't change my passwords after the Google breach for 3 years untill someone changed the contact email on my online account for my local bank. I just assume everything on my phone is public...
  5. Whosondephone

Post New Sound Mod Perfected. Stereo and High Impedance

Just wanted to give a belated thank you for this MOD. Didn't know I've been using it for years. I just flashed it over my ROM of VS99520d for the LG V20. I know I'm crazy but I swear the music is more balanced and dynamic coming out of the headphone jack compared to stock. A big improvement...
  6. Whosondephone

Post [VS995][Oreo][Stock] VS99520d flashable zip, WIFI calling working. [V2 Full ROM]

I'm actually close to figuring out where the problem lies. I have heard people mention there are ways to get rid of it. My ROM only contains the boot and system partitions. Alpha Omega rom flash many additional partitions which some developers seem to think are required for the phone. I...
  7. Whosondephone

Post [ Windows / Linux / Mac ][DONATE] SuperR's Kitchen (v3.2.2.2 - 10-13-2021)

I'm running SuperRs-Kitchen_Linux-64_v3.2.2.2 Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye) LG V20 US996 dirty santa Source System.img boot.img I also added many other images. Android 8.0 raw_img perm method When Extracting I extracted all images. Before building I added vs995,us996 to the asserts. ONLY I...
  8. Whosondephone

Post [ Windows / Linux / Mac ][DONATE] SuperR's Kitchen (v3.2.2.2 - 10-13-2021)

I'm trying to build a ROM for my LG v20 VS995 Verizon version. I have a dump of all the partitions from a phone that has the latest firmware and is not rooted. I have managed to get it working only on the free kitchen so far by building from the System.img and boot.img and applying a few...
  9. Whosondephone

Post [VS995][Oreo][Stock] VS99520d flashable zip, WIFI calling working. [V2 Full ROM]

I may also suggest flashing this updated GPU driver. It removes graphical glitches on certain apps. https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=11410932744536989987 In this form post they suggest adding some data to the build.prop file. I never tried it though.
  10. Whosondephone

Thank you for that write up. Honestly, I might be wrong but, I think the reason you were having trouble to begin with is because you had super SU installed. I've been toying with the idea for a while now to right up an ultimate LG v20 rooting guide for n00bs. All the rooting guides I'm aware...
  11. Whosondephone

Anytime you have to format data in TWRP. You need to reboot recovery. Otherwise the partitions are not visible to TWRP.
  12. Whosondephone

You can run the dirty Santa exploit on us996 firmware. Just like you would on VS995 firmware. Just once you get into TWRP your done. You don't need to follow any more steps for the dirty Santa procedure if you're going to flash a ROM. Yes there are many different types of LG up. The one I'm...
  13. Whosondephone

Honestly I wish I knew. Someone has mentioned to me that there are a set of instructions out there to fix the vibration issue. As I'm sure you can relate, I've always just been happy enough when the thing works. For whatever reason I did those instructions on my new US996 and the Vibration...