Recent content by wilmer mclean

1. W

Post [18 Apr 2014] [KERNEL TESTS] [SAMMY ROMS] Kernel battery tests and benchmark results

Thanks both of you for the help. On the latest Siyah at the moment. Is there any difference between Philz and stock kernel or is philz a custom version of the stock kernel if that makes any sense? Also have you got better results with Neat Rom compared to the stock rom?
  2. W

Post [18 Apr 2014] [KERNEL TESTS] [SAMMY ROMS] Kernel battery tests and benchmark results

Great thread, its very useful. Out of interest what is the best you had on XWLSD? Have searched through the thread and cant seem to find it.
  3. W

Post [Q] Unusual dialing noise and problem making/receiving calls (video attached)

Thats what I think it might be. Was hoping it was somehow kernel related. Don't have the receipt anymore for carphone warehouse where i bought it. Still have the box though presume they would be able to crosscheck the numbers? Also to get rid of the yellow triangle (for returning it to the...
  4. W

Post [Q] Unusual dialing noise and problem making/receiving calls (video attached)

No I haven't dropped it. The only physical thing that might have happened to it is moisture getting in. Everything else works perfect mobile data / wi fi / gps /screen / battery charge / camera. The noise doesn't always happen only a handful of times. Calls connect 50 percent of the time for...
  5. W

No am running a stock rom. Do you know could the noises in the video or the failure to randomly make or receive calls be caused by some type of physical damage? (moisture etc) Everything seems to work fine apart from calls not connecting and the noise in the video.
  6. W

Thanks for the reply. The signal is full strength or just one below. Do you happen to know if I unrooted my device would it make a difference?
  7. W

Thread [Q] Unusual dialing noise and problem making/receiving calls (video attached)

My galaxy s2 has started causing me problems over the last day. It can only make or receive calls irregularly. Text messages are delayed when sending and receiving them. Sometimes when the phone does ring it makes an unusual sound. I have attached a video of this...