Recent content by Worldblender

1. Worldblender

Thread VoLTE support for the LG G5 US Unlocked model (RS988)

With the impending 3G network shutdowns by AT&T (on Feburary 2022) and T-Mobile (already done in January 2021; Sprint network will in Janurary 2022), I'm badly in need of another option. My current LG Nexus 5 (International version) won't enable me to survive these shutdowns, as it lacks the...
  2. Worldblender

Post Linux on the Acer Iconia Tab A500, 2020 edition

It is possible to get Kali Linux running, if you change the sources.list repositories, and then upgrade all the packages available. Though it may take a considerable amount of time to complete. Sound is working, I've tested it multiple times.
  3. Worldblender

I never received such an error, but the specific package you must install is xserver-xorg-video-opentegra. No other Nvidia driver is going to work.
  4. Worldblender

Can you still switch to a virtual terminal with Ctrl-Alt-[F1-F7]? You will need a USB keyboard to do this. Then try, after logging in with your username and password: systemctl stop lightdm startx If startx does not bring something up, could you try running journalctl, and show me any log...
  5. Worldblender

I released a new version of the premade Ubuntu MATE image just now, named 'ubuntu-mate-20.04.1-desktop-armhf+acer-picasso.img.xz'. The following changes have been made since the last image: Kernel version upgraded to 5.10.1-rc1 Based on Ubuntu MATE 20.04.1 Everything that changed since the...
  6. Worldblender

Wait for me to give out an update to the image, as there likely has been a new kernel version released that I would like to have updated first. TWRP will not be used at all for this installation process, as the image is too big to flash with fastboot. Just flash the image to a microSD card, as...
  7. Worldblender

The instructions were written assuming that the user has already flashed the custom bootloader as described here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/iconia-a500/a500-2019-2020-t4039271. Sorry for not making this clear anywhere, but that custom bootloader, along with flashing the boot image found...
  8. Worldblender

Post Linux on the Iconia Tab a500, for 2018

That's because this port is not yet merged into upstream pmaports. I'm working on getting it merged, however, so you can either wait for me to finish it (which I will announce somewhere), or if you really want to do it now, you have to check out my version of pmaports at...
  9. Worldblender

Premade Linux images I finally have managed to create a premade image to make the installation process easier for other people, especially for those who don't want to go through the hassle of compiling software. Every image I make can be found at...
  10. Worldblender

After reaching past the bootloader stuff, the following things will appear, in order: 2 Tuxes, each representing the CPU cores present. The postmarketOS logo, with the text loading, at or near the center. Wait a little longer, you'll eventually see a cursor, a sign that the X11 server has...
  11. Worldblender

I'm sorry for being a little late, but I'll tell you where you should start: https://wiki.postmarketos.org/wiki/Installation_guide But first, you will need to install pmbootstrap, following https://wiki.postmarketos.org/wiki/Installing_pmbootstrap. Then, run: > git clone...
  12. Worldblender

Check out my latest instructions here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/iconia-a500/linux-acer-iconia-tab-a500-2020-edition-t4136023 I wrote it just now.
  13. Worldblender

Using another distro in place of postmarketOS Advanced: Using another distro in place of postmarketOS It is possible, if using the microSD card method, to use a different distro instead of postmarketOS, for those who want more software OOTB. I use the Ubuntu MATE rootfs from...
  14. Worldblender

Thread Linux on the Acer Iconia Tab A500, 2020 edition

I have become successful with getting postmarketOS to run on this tablet for the past 2 months, running mainline Linux (5.8.0 as of this writing). This allows us to use this tablet model for a little longer, without getting stuck on older Linux kernel versions. postmarketOS is an experimental...
  15. Worldblender

2019 Status Finally, I've decided to try again to get something a little more recent onto here. Ubuntu 16.04 and one flavor, Ubuntu MATE 15.04, can currently be run. Ubuntu Mate is an Ubuntu flavor shipping with the MATE desktop environment, and the only flavor to produce images for the...