• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Recent content by wstephen

1. wstephen

Post [ROM] [Experimental] Stock Pie (F800L30e) for H990DS

Just for the Experience I was thinking about if I can use QFIL (QPST) to flash F800 Nougat partition tables, I may be able to flash its Nougat stock rom such as F800L10e_00_0914.kdz. Then, from all the dirtySanta unlock bootloader, TWRP, etc., etc. I may start replacing the modem partition...
  2. wstephen

If you don't mind to just name a few?
  3. wstephen

[/COLOR] Oh! Well, I am not alone then. Thanks for the reply. Cheers!;) BTW, hopefully, we'll get the "non-replaceable" battery kind of restriction lifted soon, so that we can have a much wider choice in selecting our devices. I don't even value "waterproof" kind of gimmicks.
  4. wstephen

Report on Kernel Crashes Hi, lybxlpsv, H990N here. Tried upgrading from H990DS20a to this Experimental Pie. First attempt, I had a Crashed Kernel screen advising me to connect USB for QPST dump screen. Magisk 2.04 was flashed on top H990DS_v2.0-BETA#-v20b. Another attempt without Magisk on...
  5. wstephen

Post [RECOVERY][OFFICIAL] TWRP 3.4.x[Zenfone 5z (ZS620KL)]

Thanks, and that cleared part of the puzzle - TWRP and OS to be on different slots; and it is supposed to work on Stock ROMs as well. Grateful, please also share your hands-on experience of this TWRP on: 1. With Active Slot set to Slot B (TWRP slot), can you effectively wipe/flash a partition...
  6. wstephen

2 Simple Questions for the Developer (@Jackeagle) Could you please help me to understand the desirable effect of this Instruction: Assuming the Current Slot (with Android OS) is on Slot A, after swapping into Slot B and flashed one of these TWRP as per this instruction, what should I expect...
  7. wstephen

TWRP Pie Release 2 Unfortunately, it has never been the case for the ZenFone 5Z (ZS620KL) devices purchased in Hong Kong (I've bought it just 2 months ago directly from the manufacturer's sole agent display room). Having said that, I mean I am not convinced my device would be so different to...
  8. wstephen

Backup & Restore Procedures Thank you for sharing this idea - it may be the designed/desirable feature to have TWRP and Operating System to be installed on different slots. If this is the idea, it would mean that the proper Nandroid Backup procedure should be: 1) adb reboot-bootloader while...
  9. wstephen

Bootloops when trying to reboot to System 1. After upgrading to Pie with UL-Z01R-WW-90.10.138.157-user.zip and flashed Magisk "patched_boot.img" by fastboot, my current slot was B (where the operating system and magisk version 18 reside); 2. "fastboot set_active a" and rebooted bootloader...
  10. wstephen

Post [Module] ts-binds (Abandoned)

No, no, only uninstall ts-binds, you need exsdcard access enabler if you don't have "/mnt/media_rw" in your directory. Now, it is very clear that v1.1 has a problem with your device and/or rom. I would advise you not to install any earlier version of it, because that might cause more...
  11. wstephen

Now, try uninstalling the module, reboot to system. Reboot to Recovery and do a TWRP backup in case of anything would go wrong. Then, re-install v1.1 again, to see if the re-installation can create "/data/ts-binds" with those runtime files. ---------- Post added at 23:50 ---------- Previous...
  12. wstephen

Did you install any earlier version of ts-binds?
  13. wstephen

I am also a user. Why you want to update from v1.0.9 to v1.1 when it is all working fine? It has already been mentioned in #191. ---------- Post added at 23:32 ---------- Previous post was at 23:31 ---------- I would suggest you check with your file explorer to see if there is a...
  14. wstephen

Doesn't show-up in data/ts-bind The key is try to install v1.1 as if in a clean installation, but unfortunately there is no uninstall zip to just do that. If you don't have TWRP backup without any trace of the previous installation. You will have to try to 1) remove all of remnants and 2)...
  15. wstephen

Doesn't show-up in data/ts-bind The first thing you will do, IMO, is to make sure the installation have created a brand new "/data/ts-binds". If the installation fails to re-create that folder with its contents it's all going to be futile to run any meaningful terminal command.