• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Recent content by xXhighpowerXx

1. X

Post [ROOT] Rooting the FireTV Cube and Pendant with FireFU

Since the exploit changed the reserved partition table, you need to flash the patched boot image to able to boot successfully. Otherwise it will just hung at splash screen. But there was a recent FW update roll out for the cube. I'm not sure if this got patch or not. If you can open it up and...
  2. X

Look like you forgot to set the udev rule for fastboot. You can either setup udev rule for fastboot. Or run fastboot as root. Your deive is already in fastboot mode. Now you just need to flash the modified recovery and boot.
  3. X

The exploit can be make to work on the manufacturing firmware. But I only test on 1 build version so if you want to try it, I recommend wire up UART port to debug if anything go wrong. After got the exploit working, we still need to find a way to bypass the initial update screen. I haven't look...
  4. X

I never try it with Arduino Mega/Uno before but can you try adding 2 pull up resistor (1 - 2Kohm) on SDL and SDA to 5V? Maybe it will help ?
  5. X

I used a teensy 3.1 / 3.2 it work quite well. I think it cheaper than the due?
  6. X

The device should still enumerate even if you didn't create the udev rules, the rules are just for setting the permission. You can just skip the udev rule step if you just run the script as root. :o I never try with a Arduino Uno so I don't know if it work or not. If you have a logic analyzer or...
  7. X

FYI: to get back into fastboot mode, you just need to enter DFU mode with the HDMI dongle (Arduino) attached then unplug the dongle when it entered DFU mode (check with lsusb) run the reboot tool ("$ aml_reboot fastboot"). Now it should be in fastboot and you can flash your boot / recovery image.
  8. X

Yes the exploit is patchable. Amazon will probably patch it in the next firmware release. I'm not sure how long this exploit will last. Make sure to disable OTA update after you rooted it. This exploit also allow you to run custom roms too since it bypass the signature check in uboot :) SoC is...
  9. X

Thread [ROOT] Rooting the FireTV Cube and Pendant with FireFU

Today we’re excited to be bringing you something we’ve been working on for the last few months. Today, we’re introducing you to FireFU. FireFU is an exploit chain we’ve created to allow users to unlock (and root) their FireTV Cube and FireTV Pendant...
  10. X

Thread [Root] Google OnHub

Demo: https://youtu.be/ylc9pKGLaZY We will update our wiki for more information soon. https://www.exploitee.rs Enjoy! :D
  11. X

Post [GUIDE] Hardware root via emmc chip (requires soldering!)

Finally, It arrived! I just got it today :D We will setup a web store for it soon. Plenty for everyone, don't worry about it sold out.
  12. X

Wow great progress :P the voltage regulator is not really needed for the FireTV as you can piggyback 1.8V from the box to set the logic level for the SDIO voltage translator. fyi: I still waiting for the PCB to arrive @[email protected] it been weeks.
  13. X

Just used an lm1117-1.8 regulator. Simple and very common. 2.5V you don't really need at all. It there just in case :P
  14. X

I have try multiple standard Logic Level-Converters from Spark fun, I even build some myself. I never have any luck getting it working. Most of them was either they are too slow, or confused with pull up/pull down. You should look for SDIO Voltage translator instead.
  15. X

Post Fire TV Stick rooted via eMMC (Soldering required)

No you don't. FIreTV stick are simpler but the parts are bit smaller compare to the FireTV box. FireTV stick and FireTV box are different platform