Recent content by xxxstar

1. X

Post [ROM][(Un)OFFICIAL] LineageOS 15.1 for Nexus 6 (shamu)

Just wanted to report that I successfully updated to the 20180828 nightly from 20180814 using the native LOS Updater and TWRP 3.2.3-0. I previously reported that I had to sideload to update LOS; I'm glad it works now! Note: TWRP still fails to mount the encrypted partition when I enter...
  2. X

I'm also losing all my Bluetooth connections. Lost it again today, but it was after updating to TWRP 3.2.3-0 so I don't know what the cause was. Had to reconnect everything AND the phone's Bluetooth name reset to "Nexus 6" from my custom name. It's the second time Bluetooth totally reset...
  3. X

I just flashed twrp-3.2.3-0-shamu.img to Recovery from TWRP & an OTG USB drive. TWRP version in the top bar correctly lists 3.2.3-0. Upon entering the correct lock pattern, recovery still reports "Pattern failed, please try again!" :(
  4. X

I am generally very happy with my 64GB Nexus 6 running Lineage OS 15.1! It's really great using a phone several years old that's still able to keep up to everyday usage with minimal frustration. It's exciting to not feel the need to buy into the latest phone craze and comforting to know...
  5. X

Post Lifetime Ad Free?

Any update on the Lifetime Ad Subscription? Maybe add a "Supporter" icon to the usernames, too.
  6. X

Post Which Android head unit?

Does Dasaita/Hot-Audio sell standalone head units? From the http://www.hot-audio.com website it looks like only make head units with customized integrated dash kits.
  7. X

Post [Q] HELP: How to flash Google factory image without USB debugging?

Bumping this thread because it just really helped me!!! Thanks GedBlake!!!! For the longest time I could never get fastboot or flash-all to work without first enabling USB debugging and much swearing and dealing with permissions. Wound up that my device wasn't getting recognized by Windows at...
  8. X

Post Apps Able To Change "Show Notifications" Setting?

Thanks for the help, Spartan117H3! I'm going to move apps to internal memory if they have frequent notifications. Not sure why that android forums page didn't come up in my searches. It's another TouchWiz! I wonder how widespread this issue is. I never played with Xposed before. I'm gonna...
  9. X

UPDATE: after some troubleshooting it appears that unchecking Show Notificatons doesn't survive a reboot ONLY when the app was moved to sdcard. Works as expected when the app is in internal memory. (This is why my Nexus 7 doesn't exhibit this- no sdcard.) It appears to occur for any app...
  10. X

PvZ2 is probably the easiest, since theCHIVE requires you to be inactive for a while before it throws up a notification. But you may need to plant some sprouts, and you have to earn a seed in a board. haha I just wiped/cleared (only) with FlashFire. Will see what happens.
  11. X

I've had this issue for at least 6 months. Done a full wipe & clear with each update as they've come out, currently on OG5. Are you using either of the apps (PvZ2, Chive, LastPass)?
  12. X

Thread Apps Able To Change "Show Notifications" Setting?

So I can't remember if this used to happen on my stock GS4 since I've been running CM for so long, but on my GS5, certain apps are able to override the "Show notifications" checkbox in Settings/Applications! I feel like I'm going crazy since I'm constantly having to uncheck the notifications...
  13. X

Post 6.0.1_MM_Factory_Odin_Tar_Images

Even the Nexus 4 has the latest and greatest Android software!!! https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images Ugh... GS5. I feel so lucky I was at least able to unlock the GS4 the moment I got it. I'd never buy a non-Nexus with my own money at this point. When the new phones come out...
  14. X

Post [How-To] Update to G900V_PF4 - 6.0.1

Strange: apparently flashing an update via FlashFire on an encrypted device does not remove encryption. IIRC, at least prior to FlashFire, devices were required to be re-encrypted. I haven't encrypted the device in a long time until recently so I don't fully remember the expected behavior.
  15. X

Post [How-To] Update to G900V_PF4 - 6.0.1

And already we'll have a new build on the horizon to fix what wasn't fixed... http://blog.exodusintel.com/2015/08/13/stagefright-mission-accomplished/