Recent content by yearn2burn

1. Y

Post Pixel 3 XL Can't find Valid Operating System

Not entirely true. If OEM unlocking was previously enabled, then despite your phone being locked, it will still accept the unlocking command. Just happened to me. I am trading in my phone. I uninstalled Magisk, booted to bootloader, locked the bootloader and got the dreaded "Can't find valid...
  2. Y

Post [Discussion] Google Pay Magisk Discussion Thread

The key thing is that flashing system and/or boot partition wipes knowledge of alterations. But booting even once with an unmasked unlocked bootloader seems to set a flag that your device is altered. Google Pay then reads that flag and knows the phone is altered no matter what you do until the...
  3. Y

Sure. I would think based on my theory that it would be fine to just redo the update. Uninstall Magisk, reapply the July update, don't allow phone to reboot until you install a kernel that covers up the unlocked bootloader, boot to finish the update then install Magisk as usual. Sent from my...
  4. Y

Factory image, though I suspect it would work with ota Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
  5. Y

Got Google Pay working in simple way This is a copy of my post from Pixel 3 XL discussions. Google pay working after months of not working! This is what I did: -Uninstall Magisk. -Install the monthly Google update (-w, July) -Immediately on completion of the update, don't let the phone boot...
  6. Y

Post google pay and magisk?

Google pay working after months of not working! This is what I did: -Uninstall Magisk. -Flash the monthly Google update (-w, July) -Immediately on completion of the update, don't let the phone boot: -Push and hold the power button until the screen goes blank then immediately hold the power and...
  7. Y

Post [Guide] ROOT Pixel 3 XL Android 9.0.0 (Pie) Unlock/Lock Bootloader + Install Stock Images/TWRP Recovery/Systemless Root

I was on Kantjer 18.1r10. That was the problem. When I updated to the January security build, I used the Magisk flashable uninstaller. Apparently the Kantjer Magisk Manager uses a different signature, which of course makes sense. But I guess by not going through the package uninstaller, that...
  8. Y

Post [Guide] ROOT Pixel 3 XL Android 9.0.0 (Pie) Unlock/Lock Bootloader + Install Stock Images/TWRP Recovery/Systemless Root

I'm attaching the unfiltered logcat encompassing the time of the failed installation of Magisk Manager.
  9. Y

I did a reflash of the factory image, booted with twrp.img from fastboot, flashed the canary uninstaller then flashed Magisk 18.0. On reboot, still can't install Magisk Manager. The installer thinks it's already installed. I'm uploading the recovery log from TWRP. I ran the canary...
  10. Y

I used TWRP for installation of magisk and have tried both the regular uninstaller and the Canary uninstaller. Without magisk manager, I can't get root access to explore those locations. Can I do it through adb? Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
  11. Y

I just updated to January build with magisk, but can't get magisk manager to install. On the installer I get the message "Do you want to install an update to this existing application?" This is despite magisk manager not being installed, as far as I can tell. There must be some trace of it...
  12. Y

Post Buy Pixel 3 XL in Google Store USA

I'm guessing is it's because you're accessing Google from a foreign country. Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
  13. Y

Post [Guide] Pixel XL Android 9.0 (Pie) Unlock/Root/Install Images/Kernels/Recovery +

I would assume no November update since Google only promised 2 years of updates. Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
  14. Y

Post Half notch option please!

I use Nacho Notch. In the settings, set the notification bar height to 130. To complement that, set up top corners rounded with height and width 14 dp. Don't round the bottom corners. You'll see why after a little while if you do. Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
  15. Y

Post Notification sounds per app?

I don't understand. Almost all, if not all apps allow you to change the notion sound. Open the app in question and drill through it's settings menu and you'll find an option to change the notification sound. Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk