• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Recent content by Yuki1001

1. Y

Post [Guide] About repairing/fixing the persist partition

Extract fastboot ROM and you will find your persist image file.
  2. Y

Thread [Guide] How to partition your sdcard and install apps on it (use as internal storage).

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for the results of any of these operations. This thread I will tell you how to partition sdcard and install/move apps to sdcard. Required environment: 1. A working sdcard inserted to your phone. 2. Root. 3. Activity Launcher for calling hidden activities...
  3. Y

Post SDcard as internal storage in Redmi note 8 AOSP

Partition your SD Card for installing apps and storing other files at same time. Make sure you have a root shell. If not, root your device with Magisk first. Start a terminal, and run su to switch to root shell ($-->#) . Partition your sdcard. Follow the instructions below. 1. Check your...
  4. Y

Post Magisk & Crypto

If you want to encrypt your data, clean flash stock fastboot ROM and reboot. After initial setup, go to install Magisk.
  5. Y

Post "This MIUI version can't be installed on this device"

You have 2 ways to get out of this situation. 1. Try to unlock the bootloader with the Mi account you used last time. 2. If couldn't unlock, then switch to EDL mode. Use a no auth programmer to flash the correct variant fastboot ROM and the device should boots up. Then add account again and...
  6. Y

Also not allowed flashing these 2 partitions even with --disable-verification --disable-verity. These arguments are used for flashing vbmeta. Please give your screenshot of successful flashing and the firmware version of your device. Flashing persist and persistbak are NOT allowed in fastboot...
  7. Y

Flashing persist and persistbak in fastboot mode is impossible. So I made these flashable zips for Redmi Note 8 users after I managed to fix the persist and persistbak. Right now with no auth programmer for Sm6125 we can also flash these 2 partitions in EDL mode. If you tried this method and...
  8. Y

Post hard bricked willow (redmi note 8t) no fastboot / no recovery

Did you send the firehose programmer before you send the reboot xml? As the log said, may be you forgot to send programmer manually? Do a power cycle and send "prog_emmc_firehose_Sm6125_ddr.elf" using QSaharaServer.exe first: QSaharaServer.exe -u 40 -s 13:"prog_emmc_firehose_Sm6125_ddr.elf"...
  9. Y

@lueromat Try to send reboot command manually. <?xml version="1.0"?> <data> <power value="reset" /> </data> (The power tag could let the device reboot to system/to edl with correct value) Create a xml file and send it to the phone manually after flashing. Rename the xml to "reboot.xml". I...
  10. Y

I own a RN8(ginkgo) and it's not easy to open the back cover. I manually went to EDL with a fastboot command and do an experiment to confirm it could flash without errors.. The result is that the phone reboot and boot up with no problems. Maybe he could try to force reboot by sending reboot...
  11. Y

Are you sure the fastboot ROM you flashed is the correct WILLOW fastboot ROM? Download latest willow fastboot ROM here. As I said above, extract fastboot ROM and replace the programmer in "images" folder. Then flash again. Please give a screenshot of XiaomiFlash so I could understand your...
  12. Y

Download willow fastboot ROM and extract. Download the programmer(need decompress) and replace the original one which is in "images" folder. Run Xiaomi Flash and select the fastboot ROM folder and it gets ready. Long press your power button more than 10s so the device could do a power cycle...
  13. Y

Post Recover data from fastboot mode?

Use test point method to force your phone go to EDL. Run QFIL, with "Flat Build" selected and then select a working programmer. Go to Tools-Partition Manager and wait for it reading GPT. Then select "userdata" partition, right click and select "Manage Partition Data". Click "Read Data.." and it...
  14. Y

Post Queries regarding installation of Custom ROM in my Redmi Note 8 for the first time.

Of course you can. Download the recovery ROM and flash it with 3rd party recovery like TWRP etc. Root is not necessary for flashing custom ROM. Format data and cache after flashing.