• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Recent content by ZaForD

1. ZaForD

Post [ROM] [Final build 1] 14/05 LineageOS 13.0 | Android 6.0.1 | Stable

Was gonna ask the same question, but you beat me to it. Maybe the Dev will look into it if he gets bored ??? But there is a solution to the 'Spam Ads' now. Check out this thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/elephone-s7/help/s7-mini-ads-startup-t3591227
  2. ZaForD

Post S7 Mini 'Ads' on startup.

Good News Looks like Daniel-David has found a work round, post #47 on this page: http://bbs.elephone.hk/thread-13381-5-1.html Seems its the default launcher. Quick run down: 1º- Install Nova Launcher (I tried with this one, maybe other ones also works) 2º- Set as default, keeping press the...
  3. ZaForD

Post [Discontinued] [Rom][Port][CM 13.1][All models]

Sorry for the dump question guys =( But, does this Rom work on 'All Models' of just the S7? I know theres a load of them. Or does it include the S7 Mini too? Thanks.
  4. ZaForD

Post S7 Mini 'Ads' on startup.

Thanks for the reply nickzeptepi, It looks like its something in the stock rom, people are complaining on the Elephone forums, and not just about the S7 Mini. http://bbs.elephone.hk/thread-13381-1-1.html Have to try and find another rom.
  5. ZaForD

Thread S7 Mini 'Ads' on startup.

Hi Guys, The last few days I've been getting 'Ads' on the home screen every time I login. Figured I (or the kids) had installed something stupid =/ Today I did a full factory reset, only to get an 'Ad' on the home screen with in minutes of resetting. And before I'd installed any apps or apk's...
  6. ZaForD

Post s7 battery problem

I had same problem with S7 Mini, turned out it was 'Play Services' Check this link for details. https://forum.xda-developers.com/elephone-s7/help/elephone-s7-mini-terrible-battery-drain-t3560035
  7. ZaForD

Post Elephone S7 mini - Terrible battery drain

Thanks Matt, this worked great. =) 'play services' got installed when I installed Google Music and battery life plummeted. (100% going to bed 80% in the morning) I checked I had the latest version and cleared the cached files (as you suggested) then rebooted. Last night 100% going to bed 96%...
  8. ZaForD

Post Root, twrp Elephone S7

Will this process work with the S7 Mini ? Or is it only for the S7 ?
  9. ZaForD

Post $50 Gift Card for Lumia 950/950XL owners from Microsoft!!

No, I have it here in the UK. Its for a £50 gift card.
  10. ZaForD

Post New Firmware Update

Finally got an update notification on my UK SIM Free 950XL. Although it seems to be for the 01078.00038.16025.390xx firmware. Can't say I've noticed any difference yet.
  11. ZaForD

Post New Firmware Update

No, its for all versions 950 and XL, Single and Dual SIM. But, no sign of it on my UK SIM Free 950XL, either. I'm wondering if we'll get it free with our 'Free Display Docks' sometime in April... :)
  12. ZaForD

Post Possible to unlock b20 800mhz mi4c ?

ggkameleon, I don't have this phone (yet :( ) But, my Telco uses Band 20 too. What I intend to do is use my sim for phone calls/TXT's and get a 'Pay As You Go' LTE sim for Net access.
  13. ZaForD

Post Which USB-C cable works with MI4C?

As I understand it, its only when 'Charging' devices that the cables you are using becomes important. Real Type-C devices are USB 3.0 and can draw a lot more power than USB 2.0 devices.. So their cables need a higher rated resistor to protect your devices. The Mi4C is a USB 2.0 Device with a...
  14. ZaForD

Post Mi4C from Gearbest

jonasb_dk. Ulver. I was reading about this last week. IIRC the Mi4C is a USB 2.0 device with a Type-C connector. Whereas real Type-C devices are USB 3.0+. And real Type-C devices can draw a lot more power than USB 2.0, so they need a certain rate of resistor in the cable to protect your devices...
  15. ZaForD

Post Coming from Android (possibly)

jasonnt, Welcome to the Windows Phone world... Most of the issues you listed are what we've had to deal with for the last few years on both desktops and phones. And they all pretty much stem from Google refusing to release apps for the Windows Ecosystem. :(