• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Recent content by zoocha

1. Z

Thread Question Dark Mode messes up readability on some apps?

Hi, does anyone have the problem that dark mode doesn't work properly with some apps? For example light grey text on white background and other difficulties for reading? Can I fix this in settings somewhere? Also, seems like some apps are displayed incorrectly with wrong formatting of text. Is...
  2. Z

Thread Question Average brightness lower than on other devices?

Hi, is it normal that the average brightness is lower than on other devices including LCD screens? I have a Redmi Note 8 Pro and Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge as comparison and both seem to be brighter until max. brightness is reached. The Samsung might be even a little brighter/better but that could...
  3. Z

Post Question Cast doesn't work anymore after debloating

I was about to complain again cause after testing it on a Samsung TV (never worked there) and uninstalling bloatware like TikTok manually with phone it stopped working again on my main TV (Hisense). It's driving me crazy cause I don't know the root of it. Downloading the APK worked however...
  4. Z

What else can I try to find out the root? Undo debloating and factory reset doesn't work and I doubt and hope that I didn't mess up hardware somehow. Airscreen/Chromecast works and I think TVs use Miracast right? Can this information help for further experiments? Solution during I wrote this...
  5. Z

I reinstalled everything before I reset and maybe I did clear cache too. I can't remember. Does the Cleaner app also clear hidden stuff? Does factory reset hurt hardware much or not worth worrying about it? Otherwise I would give it another try. Is there maybe another possibilty to fix it?
  6. Z

I did a factory reset but it didn't work for unknown reasons. Then I tried out using Google Home on an Android TV which worked. It also worked on my TV with Fire TV Stick 4K using Airscreen but the casting quality seems worse than Mi cast function. Regular YouTube casting also worked. Does...
  7. Z

I tested around but somehow casting doesn't work anymore. I debloated step by step during casting and conncection didn't close. Then later I had same issues like before. I did the same things like before to make it work again (enable everything, restart, reset conenctions) but nothing works...
  8. Z

I think simply hard restarting my TV made the trick. At least that's what I did and it works now. I still wanna debloat so what is safe to keep this function? This time I will disable instead of uninstall.
  9. Z

I cleared cache and reset network. Didn't work. Then I reisntalled all the bloatware. Still no effect. Then I tried to change my WiFi from 5Ghz to 2.4Ghz if that might cause troubles but also nothing. How can I fix it? What else can I try?
  10. Z

I have a Redmi Note 7 which works. I didn't do anything with Firewalls and similar. I read somewhere that MiShare, MiConnectService and MiPlayClient might caused the problem but it just made Cast visible in the dropdown status bar. Otherwise same problem. Here is the debloated stuff:
  11. Z

Thread Question Cast doesn't work anymore after debloating

Hello, I used XiaomiADBFastbootTools to debloat my Poco F3 but now the Cast option doesn't work anymore. I'm not sure if that's the reason but it seems like it was. When I cast my phone detects my TV and my TV tries to connect for a while until it stops. Tried with two different TVs (Samsung...
  12. Z

Thread [ebook reader] Tolino Shine 2 HD: Unroot / factory state?

Hello, I have a Tolino Shine 2 HD (Firmware: 1.9.4) and rooted it. At first it looked like I succeeded but after rooting Wifi didn't work anymore and battery dies quickly. That's why I want to unroot it or better hard reset it. I tried accessing recovery mode but it doesn't work. Maybe I'm...
  13. Z

Post [HELP THREAD] Galaxy S4 | Ask any question | Noob friendly.

Now I understand. My bad cause i was looking for an specific Android Version. What about debloated ROMs based on Stock? Aren't they basically Stock but with more memory space? Is it possible to update sercurity patches on Stock ROM this way? Is there a list with things safe to delete aka...
  14. Z

Do you mean I have to look for Custom ROMs based on Android 4.4.2 or 5.0.1? Are there any with security patches? I thought the new Android versions improve performance and save resources.
  15. Z

Important features for me: - Peformance (Speed, RAM management, Stability) - Connectivity (WIFI, GPS, NFC, Bluetooth) - Battery Life I'm used to using Nova Launcher. I don't need fancy add-ons. Functionality and speed has priority. Is there a good ROM to start all testing? Which Android...