• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Recent content by zyxx

1. Z

Post [Discussion] What's your next smartphone / What should I buy

Here's why. Any suggestions for a new flash-friendly phone?
  2. Z

Post **What phone should I buy next?** -- Not sure what device to buy? Ask here!

I have a Huawei that has served me well for the last few years. Unfortunately it's carrier-locked and the manufacturer no longer provides bootloader-unlock codes (they claim security, I say forced obsolescence). The OS provider also doesn't care to upgrade it to the latest OS. My device has a...
  3. Z

Post **What phone should I buy next?** -- Not sure what device to buy? Ask here!

What if I want to flash a custom ROM after the warranty? Which phones would be friendlier?
  4. Z

Post [Discussion] What's your next smartphone / What should I buy

Is there an updated (2021) list of which phones are easier to root / Unlock the bootloader / flash a ROM? I'd like to buy a phone that'll last me for a few years, I don't like to generate eWaste and any new phone more than suffices for my needs. Do any of the "alternative" brands like...
  5. Z

With the Oppo Reno 6 5G or the Vivo V21 5G, V21e 5G and X50e I'd lose some future-proofing by not having eSIM. Hadn't heard of Vivo. However, neither of these 4 devices is easy to find in my region (i.e. at most just one random online store I wouldn't trust my money to). However, if I drop eSIM...
  6. Z

I'd prefer the 400€ mark but I assume for the requirements 700€ is more realistic. More than that and it starts sounding overpriced. Noted on Samsung, thanks.
  7. Z

I've been happy with a Huawei Y5 II but, unfortunately, Huawei stopped providing unlock codes and it is a vendor-locked device so I'm not sure I could even root it to get a custom ROM. I'm not sure that there are custom ROMs for this device, but rooting I could at least free up some space. As it...