My dream (since I bought this phone) has been to have a kernel that suits my needs, to have great features and a rock-solid stability
I put all my time and heart to get this awesome product.
Please read this thread carefully. I will try to do my best to help you if you do the same
I'm back at it again, wishing you a happy new year and with a shiny new kernel, with a LOT newer kernel base and with a LOT of unneeded crap removed, this project has taken me more than a year to polish and I'm still doing it, but I've reached a state where I think it can be tested by you. My second m4 has completely broken (because it fell down xD), so that's why I need you guys to test it and give me feedback.
I promise you that it this is a whole different experience, you won't have any random reboots or battery drains at all
I, nor xda are responsible if you use this and brick your device or if your device blows up, implodes, flames start shooting from it or it kills your neighbor's dog. Flash at your own risk.
THIS WILL WORK ONLY ON UNLOCKED BOOTLOADERS
For now I won't be adding features because I need to finish other things
- Compiled with Linaro 4.9
- Improved cpu frequency scaling, before it used to ramp like crazy, and now if you aren't doing anything it will stay at the lowest freq, you can use this app to check
- I've also added a wifi module replacement procedure that will Always Work(TM), regardless if it has been screwed up by other custom kernels, so you won't need to worry about no wifi and/or moving the module manually
- Latest upstream Linux kernel version 3.10.108
- Optimizations from LineageOS (I've based my kernel on their kernel for the msm8916 family)
- This kernel is based on the latest tag of the CAF branch for the msm8916 family on nougat (LA.BR.1.2.9), which has got a lot of security and stability patches compared to our ancient stock kernel base
- Cubbins' kanuti_hwid driver for bands -> The stock kernel had a really crappy solution for the mobile bands of the world regions, so this awesome guy coded a driver for this!
- Pure mdss driver + pcc adjustments
- Pstore support
- Latest sdfat opensource filesystem, replacing the ancient and closed source tuxera module
- Usb HID keyboard/mouse support you can install this and you're good to go!
- Refactored bmm050 magnetometer driver
- bma2x2 accelerometer sensor driver from CAF -> The stock kernel had an extremely initial and ancient version of this driver, I've spent more than a month porting it to the improved and newer driver from CAF
- A LOT of cleanups everywhere, most likely you won't get to understand the big amount of removed crap so I'd suggest you to check my source repo
To control the kernel:
- Use Kernel Adiutor
Just go to recovery and flash the zip!
-Cubbins, all of this hadn't been possible without his support
-The sodp guys that worked on the 3.10 AOSP kernel for tulip
And other whose autorship are on my commits
Destiny, Kernel for the Sony Xperia M4 Aqua
Source Code: https://github.com/danielgusvt/destiny
Kernel Special Features:
Last Updated 2017-07-22