FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Which toolchain do you want me to use in this kernel?

SaberMod

7 Vote(s)
23.33%
UberTC

8 Vote(s)
26.67%
Linaro

15 Vote(s)
50.00%

[KERNEL][3.10.108][LA.BR.1.2.9][MM]Destiny kernel

285 posts
Thanks Meter: 207

By dani020110, Senior Member on 11th January 2017, 05:56 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from dani020110: The best release so far!
Hello everyone, it's a pleasure for me to share this great kernel; this is focused on stability and battery life
My dream (since I bought this phone) has been to have a kernel that suits my needs, to have great features and a rock-solid stability
I put all my time and heart to get this awesome product.
Please read this thread carefully. I will try to do my best to help you if you do the same

I'm back at it again, wishing you a happy new year and with a shiny new kernel, with a LOT newer kernel base and with a LOT of unneeded crap removed, this project has taken me more than a year to polish and I'm still doing it, but I've reached a state where I think it can be tested by you. My second m4 has completely broken (because it fell down xD), so that's why I need you guys to test it and give me feedback.
I promise you that it this is a whole different experience, you won't have any random reboots or battery drains at all

Thanks to AndyPhoenix9879 for this banner
Disclaimer:
Code:
I, nor xda are responsible if you use this and brick your device or if your device blows up, implodes, flames start shooting from it or it kills your neighbor's dog. Flash at your own risk.

Some notes:

THIS WILL WORK ONLY ON UNLOCKED BOOTLOADERS
For now I won't be adding features because I need to finish other things

About features:
  • Compiled with Linaro 4.9
  • Improved cpu frequency scaling, before it used to ramp like crazy, and now if you aren't doing anything it will stay at the lowest freq, you can use this app to check
  • I've also added a wifi module replacement procedure that will Always Work(TM), regardless if it has been screwed up by other custom kernels, so you won't need to worry about no wifi and/or moving the module manually
  • Latest upstream Linux kernel version 3.10.108
  • Optimizations from LineageOS (I've based my kernel on their kernel for the msm8916 family)
  • This kernel is based on the latest tag of the CAF branch for the msm8916 family on nougat (LA.BR.1.2.9), which has got a lot of security and stability patches compared to our ancient stock kernel base
  • Cubbins' kanuti_hwid driver for bands -> The stock kernel had a really crappy solution for the mobile bands of the world regions, so this awesome guy coded a driver for this!
  • Pure mdss driver + pcc adjustments
  • Pstore support
  • Latest sdfat opensource filesystem, replacing the ancient and closed source tuxera module
  • Usb HID keyboard/mouse support you can install this and you're good to go!
  • Refactored bmm050 magnetometer driver
  • bma2x2 accelerometer sensor driver from CAF -> The stock kernel had an extremely initial and ancient version of this driver, I've spent more than a month porting it to the improved and newer driver from CAF
  • A LOT of cleanups everywhere, most likely you won't get to understand the big amount of removed crap so I'd suggest you to check my source repo

To control the kernel:
  • Use Kernel Adiutor

Installation instructions:

Just go to recovery and flash the zip!
Enjoy :')

Downloads:

Thanks To/Credits

-Cubbins, all of this hadn't been possible without his support
-The sodp guys that worked on the 3.10 AOSP kernel for tulip
-zachariasmaladroit
-AndyPhoenix9879
And other whose autorship are on my commits

Testers:
Huge thanks to them! You are enjoying this kernel because of their precious help!
@Pachops427
@Mark.05
@kamilkos16
@moustafa.badry
If you've been a tester and I haven't added you, it's because I don't know your username, so please let me know and I will add you here

XDA:DevDB Information
Destiny, Kernel for the Sony Xperia M4 Aqua

Contributors
dani020110
Source Code: https://github.com/danielgusvt/destiny

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2017-01-11
Last Updated 2017-07-22
The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to dani020110 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dani020110 Ad-Free

11th January 2017, 05:56 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lima

More
Changelog
I will add the new changelog starting with the next build!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to dani020110 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dani020110 Ad-Free
11th January 2017, 05:56 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lima

More
Reserved
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dani020110 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dani020110 Ad-Free
11th January 2017, 05:59 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lima

More
Reserved
Just in case
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dani020110 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dani020110 Ad-Free
11th January 2017, 09:52 AM |#5  
Sandanski
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Great! Now we can have more battery life
The Following User Says Thank You to nrokos For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nrokos Ad-Free
11th January 2017, 11:56 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Hi @dani020110!
First and foremost, thanks for sharing your kernel!
After reading the mutha [email protected]#k'n thread, i did not yet find what features it does have.
You only state that we can't ask for unstable features.
Can you give us a spec list?
Thanks!

Oh and one more thing....no love for E2363?
The Following User Says Thank You to Waancho For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Waancho Ad-Free
11th January 2017, 09:25 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lima

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waancho

Hi @dani020110!
After reading the mutha [email protected]#k'n thread, i did not yet find what features it does have.
Thanks!

When I have time, I add the features list and release for you variant
The Following User Says Thank You to dani020110 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dani020110 Ad-Free
11th January 2017, 09:52 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dani020110

When I have time, I add the features list and release for you variant

Thanks!
13th January 2017, 12:46 AM |#9  
Flag Irapuato
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Thank you so much! Finally a kernel with display control, i see in your commits you're working in Faux Sound, it isn't? I hope you can make it work, i buy the app a long time ago lol and a i want to use it lol, whatever, good work and good luck, i'm waiting the next version.
The Following User Says Thank You to RodrigoKunJPN For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RodrigoKunJPN Ad-Free
13th January 2017, 02:09 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 302

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RodrigoKunJPN

Thank you so much! Finally a kernel with display control, i see in your commits you're working in Faux Sound, it isn't? I hope you can make it work, i buy the app a long time ago lol and a i want to use it lol, whatever, good work and good luck, i'm waiting the next version.

If I recalled, he had some problems with Faux Sound Control (speaker suddenly became very very quiet) so he disabled it for now.
16th January 2017, 12:55 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lima

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waancho

Hi @dani020110!
Thanks!

Well, I've just added the features list; maybe today or tomorrow I'm uploading the second release and support for the E2363
The Following User Says Thank You to dani020110 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dani020110 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)