[KERNEL][3.10.108][LA.BR.1.2.9][MM]Destiny kernel

Which toolchain do you want me to use in this kernel?

• SaberMod

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • UberTC

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • Linaro

Votes: 16 51.6%

• Total voters
Search This thread

keepontrying

Mar 4, 2018
Yet I noticed that with this kernel it's hard to wake up the smartphone

I am running Concept-ify that seems to come with Destiny Kernel.
It's difficult for the phone to wake up when, for example, receiving a call. Screen remains black and takes a long while for it to wake up (4-5 ringtones at the least, if it actually turns on the screen at all) what I did was install Kernel Adiutor and try to rise the min CPU clock for small cores (from 75 to 100MHz) but it made no difference.

Are there any ideas on how to improve phone responsiveness in that regard @dani020110?
Thanks in advance.

dani020110

Mar 30, 2015
Lima
It's difficult for the phone to wake up when, for example, receiving a call. Screen remains black and takes a long while for it to wake up (4-5 ringtones at the least, if it actually turns on the screen at all) what I did was install Kernel Adiutor and try to rise the min CPU clock for small cores (from 75 to 100MHz) but it made no difference.

Are there any ideas on how to improve phone responsiveness in that regard @dani020110?
Thanks in advance.

Read a few posts back
I'd recommend you to use the stock kernel until there is a new build
The conceptify guys are crazy, I told them to not use this kernel and I do not support these builds anymore

I've removed the builds from my google drive.
If a mod wants to close this thread temporarily, go ahead and I will send a pm when it is ready
If you want to know why I did this:
I refuse to work on this ancient and crappy kernel base so I'm working on a new kernel project and it's almost done. My m4 aqua got damaged and it's half working. I just bought a spare m4 and I'm trying to repair it. If you want to see my progress, check out my kernel repo and if you want to help me, ping me on telegram at the same username:)

Last edited:

keepontrying

Mar 4, 2018
Thanks for your honest reply.

Seeing things as they are, with Skymelon kernel alternative leading to some reboot issues and with it being discontinued, it seems the path to go is flash stock again.

Once in there, probably the best is to go root and start debloating as much as possible.

What you kernel guys do is actually amazing, and if there's ever a stable alternative kernel version or a new Android version is brought for this devive (Lineage?) I will try to test it.

Reactions: AndyPhoenix9879

zputnyq

Apr 19, 2013
Hi @dani020110,
I'm interested to use your kernel,
Do u have updated this kernel lately, since it seems your build in g drive active again on this thread ?

zacharias.maladroit

Recognized Developer
Wow - you actually ported / rebased it on the new branch :fingers-crossed:

is anyone using the new kernel and uses FM Radio as well on the E2303 ?

you think changes related to lowering brightness would also work with this base ?

I just re-discovered this device for audio playback since the random volume raising and music stopping (random button pressing) doesn't seem to be happening anymore

(some app components seem to trigger it which appear to have been disabled with my debloating, tweaking attempt :eek: , currently running Nougat)

zputnyq

Apr 19, 2013
Wow - you actually ported / rebased it on the new branch :fingers-crossed:

is anyone using the new kernel and uses FM Radio as well on the E2303 ?

you think changes related to lowering brightness would also work with this base ?

I just re-discovered this device for audio playback since the random volume raising and music stopping (random button pressing) doesn't seem to be happening anymore

(some app components seem to trigger it which appear to have been disabled with my debloating, tweaking attempt :eek: , currently running Nougat)
I still uses m4 & rooted but I postponed using this kernel and any other custom kernel for m4. Still afraid of the over heat. Many users in my place got their m4 damaged because of over heating issue.
So I decide to stick to stock.

sirDeniel

May 10, 2019
It's impressive how this kernel revived old phone, just installed 1 week ago on E2306 stock MM.
No overheat issues, ClearAudio+ works, generally fluid, even fixed a stain on my display (demonstrating the reworked & optimized kernel on last release from a year ago). Honestly, I'm very happy with it, thank you.

boxcubee

Jan 3, 2017
Yes, just download the zip from the google drive, there will be a couple of issues (which I will work on when I get time) but apart from that it will work fine
Hi,
I have xperia M4 E2306
I plan to use this kernel & have 2 questions,
related to what you had stated regarding a couple issues, may I know what are the issues so far ?
Morever, I have seen some modules inside the zip file that substitute stock's. If I use modules from stock can my device still works well with this kernel ?

Axaroid

Aug 4, 2019
Hi,
I have xperia M4 E2306
I plan to use this kernel & have 2 questions,
related to what you had stated regarding a couple issues, may I know what are the issues so far ?
Morever, I have seen some modules inside the zip file that substitute stock's. If I use modules from stock can my device still works well with this kernel ?

I used this kernel on E2363 it gives the best battery life so far but it makes my device reboot every week or 2 week I have no idea why does it happen I have also seen random crash of my device it is not often if you want to flash for testing it out you can also if you use viper4android you gotta turn the performance mode in kernel of small cores in order to work viper4android correctly

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone, it's a pleasure for me to share this great kernel; this is focused on stability and battery life
    My dream (since I bought this phone) has been to have a kernel that suits my needs, to have great features and a rock-solid stability
    I put all my time and heart to get this awesome product.
    Please read this thread carefully. I will try to do my best to help you if you do the same:)

I'm back at it again, wishing you a happy new year and with a shiny new kernel, with a LOT newer kernel base and with a LOT of unneeded crap removed, this project has taken me more than a year to polish and I'm still doing it, but I've reached a state where I think it can be tested by you. My second m4 has completely broken (because it fell down xD), so that's why I need you guys to test it and give me feedback.
    I promise you that it this is a whole different experience, you won't have any random reboots or battery drains at all:)

Destiny_Banner-notproductsans.png
    Disclaimer:
    Code:
    I, nor xda are responsible if you use this and brick your device or if your device blows up, implodes, flames start shooting from it or it kills your neighbor's dog. Flash at your own risk.

Some notes:

THIS WILL WORK ONLY ON UNLOCKED BOOTLOADERS
    For now I won't be adding features because I need to finish other things

About features:

• Compiled with Linaro 4.9
    • Improved cpu frequency scaling, before it used to ramp like crazy, and now if you aren't doing anything it will stay at the lowest freq, you can use this app to check
    • I've also added a wifi module replacement procedure that will Always Work(TM), regardless if it has been screwed up by other custom kernels, so you won't need to worry about no wifi and/or moving the module manually
    • Latest upstream Linux kernel version 3.10.108
    • Optimizations from LineageOS (I've based my kernel on their kernel for the msm8916 family)
    • This kernel is based on the latest tag of the CAF branch for the msm8916 family on nougat (LA.BR.1.2.9), which has got a lot of security and stability patches compared to our ancient stock kernel base
    • Cubbins' kanuti_hwid driver for bands -> The stock kernel had a really crappy solution for the mobile bands of the world regions, so this awesome guy coded a driver for this!
    • Pure mdss driver + pcc adjustments
    • Pstore support
    • Latest sdfat opensource filesystem, replacing the ancient and closed source tuxera module
    • Usb HID keyboard/mouse support you can install this and you're good to go!
    • Refactored bmm050 magnetometer driver
    • bma2x2 accelerometer sensor driver from CAF -> The stock kernel had an extremely initial and ancient version of this driver, I've spent more than a month porting it to the improved and newer driver from CAF
    • A LOT of cleanups everywhere, most likely you won't get to understand the big amount of removed crap so I'd suggest you to check my source repo:)

To control the kernel:

• Use Kernel Adiutor

Installation instructions:

Just go to recovery and flash the zip!
    Enjoy :')

Downloads:

Thanks To/Credits

-Cubbins, all of this hadn't been possible without his support
    -The sodp guys that worked on the 3.10 AOSP kernel for tulip
    -zachariasmaladroit
    -AndyPhoenix9879
    And other whose autorship are on my commits

Testers:
    Huge thanks to them! You are enjoying this kernel because of their precious help!
    @Pachops427
    @Mark.05
    @kamilkos16
    @moustafa.badry
    If you've been a tester and I haven't added you, it's because I don't know your username, so please let me know and I will add you here

XDA:DevDB Information
    Destiny, Kernel for the Sony Xperia M4 Aqua

Contributors
    dani020110
    Source Code: https://github.com/danielgusvt/destiny

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2017-01-11
    Last Updated 2017-07-22
    Changelog

I will add the new changelog starting with the next build!
    Here's my new release: r7
    I know I've skipped the 6th one but there's been a lot of changes
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwBZLmXTjkbJYTB2VmNWQnFvNUU

Release notes:
    • Built with linaro 4.9, this one boots: https://github.com/zachariasmaladroit/mdalexca-aarch64-linux-android-4.9-kernel-linaro
    • Linux 3.10.55
    • Some ASoC commits, may revert them
    • thermal: Disable polling by default
    • Removed adreno idler, it was unnecesarry
    • Exfat support, courtesy of zachariasmaladroit
    • drivers: usb: gadget: HID keyboard/mouse support: ported by me, works fine, but may kernel panic your device if you are using it crazily :silly: use this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=remote.hid.keyboard.client
    • Muted a good amount of logspams
    • Change all the modules into inbuilt drivers, help by zachariasmaladroit
    • Optimized arm64 memcmp, strrchr thanks to frap129
    • lz4 from z5's 32.2.A.0.224 kernel
    • zram with lz4 compression, zsmalloc, zpool & z3fold from z5's nougat kernel, thanks to zachariasmaladroit, ported by me
    • ARP project: I've added support for it in kernel adiutor, so if you are interested, you can let me know and I can send you a test apk
    • usb: gadget: mass_storage: added sysfs entry for cdrom to LUNs: I couldn't make it to work on my own, but you try it using this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.softwarebakery.drivedroid
    • Disabled DEVPORT and DEBUG_BUGVERBOSE
    • Some sched patches, and gentle fair sleepers toggle
    • Readded optimizations
    • Fixed some touchscreen driver warnings
    • Removed a wlan wakelock
    • Full support for flar'2 sound control in kernel adiutor by me
    • Acknowledgments: @zachariasmaladroit, I've taken a lot of optimizations and fixes from your nautilus kernel, huge thanks to you :D
    • P.S: I've reuploaded the zip, with a working touchscreen for all devices

Thanks in advance.

Read a few posts back
    I'd recommend you to use the stock kernel until there is a new build
    The conceptify guys are crazy, I told them to not use this kernel and I do not support these builds anymore

I've removed the builds from my google drive.
    If a mod wants to close this thread temporarily, go ahead and I will send a pm when it is ready
    If you want to know why I did this:
    I refuse to work on this ancient and crappy kernel base so I'm working on a new kernel project and it's almost done. My m4 aqua got damaged and it's half working. I just bought a spare m4 and I'm trying to repair it. If you want to see my progress, check out my kernel repo and if you want to help me, ping me on telegram at the same username:)
    Reserved
    Just in case :)