*** Disclaimer *** /* *I am not responsible for anything that might happen to your device *You are choosing to install this, not me. *I'm merely just sharing what I've modified to the Android Kernel *Don't even think about pointing your fingers at me for messing up your device, *and if you do, it's your own fault not mine. */
- Compiled with UBER-TC 4.9.4. (2017's one)
Link for other potential kernel developers : https://bitbucket.org/DespairFactor/...ux-android-4.9
- Cluster Plug
- Updated kernel to v3.10.74
- Reduced Minimum Brightness.
- KCAL - an advanced colour control for Qualcomm devices by savoca.
- Faux's Sound Control v3.5
- Overclocked to 1.61GHz for big clusters. (Somehow can't get it to 1.7GHz)
- Overclocked to 1.21GHz for LITTLE clusters. Special thanks to @AnoopKumar
- Overclocked GPU to 700MHz
- Intelliactive, Interactive_Pro, Nightmare, Ironactive, HyperX, and Electroactive Governor
- FIOPS, ZEN, SIO, Tripndroid and Maple I/O Schedulers
- Interactive_pro as default CPU governor.
- Faster bootup time
- GPU idles at 19MHz (although 19MHz doesn't show up, it's being used)
- CPU idles at 40MHz for big cores and 55MHz for LITTLE cores.
- USB Fast Charge (This is not Qualcomm's Quick Charge. It's for USB port Charging.)
- PowerSuspend for better standby time.
- Adreno Idler by @arter97
- Dynamic FSync
- LZ4 compression and cryptography and LZ4 for ZRAM
- Toggleable ARCH power and Gentle Fair Sleepers (battery saving options)
For v5a and versions before it, follow this (Flashtool Method) :
- Download the .img
- Open up Flashtool (from Androxyde) : http://www.flashtool.net/downloads.php
- Turn off your phone
- Hold the volume up button while also connecting your phone and pc via the usb cable
- A blue LED should light up - you're in fastboot mode now
- Click the ThunderBolt button in Flashtool
- Fastboot Mode
- Under the "By DoomLord", select the "Select Kernel to Flash"
- Find the downloaded .img
For v6 and anything after it, follow this one (TWRP method) :
- Download .zip file
- Remember where you placed that .zip file
- Turn off phone
- Boot to TWRP : press and hold both Volume down and Power buttons; when the phone vibrates press the Volume down button repeatedly
- Navigate to the 'Install' button in TWRP
- Search for wherever you placed the downloaded .zip in TWRP
- Flash it
- Reboot and enjoy.
@dani020110 for his generous help and superb guidance. None of this would've exist without his time and generous effort in helping me with my build problems. You da real MVP!
@vinay for the build tools and the dtbTool commands and also the one who pointed out the defconfig (which is msm-perf_defconfig)
@EHSAN™for the ramdisks (prerooted)
@squid2 and also @cyclon1978 for the cluster plug (I referred to both, the original creator is squid2)
Sony for the kernel sources (and this phone)
@paulobrien for his build guide (the boot.img compiling process is very convenient with his build guide)
His build tutorial : https://forum.xda-developers.com/p9/...ei-p9-t3373617
@Eliminator79 for the build guide (which is still relevant btw, and the most comprehensive one too)
His build guide (followed this mainly) : https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...ernel-t2871276
SkyMelon 9 大龙 12/06/17
https://goo.gl/sIIRrT <-- just in case. Use the one on the top, if it doesn't work use this one
With updated SuperSU (2.82)
SkyMelon 8.1 (without-root) 小龙 21/07/17
SkyMelon 8.1 (with-root) 小龙 21/07/17
SkyMelon 8 (with-root SuperSU v2.82) 小龙 (thx @valyo_bg)
SkyMelon 8x 小龙 27/05/17
SkyMelon 8a 小龙 19/04/17
https://goo.gl/bcKrdu ...if battery drains, revert back to SkyMelon8.
SkyMelon 8 小龙 28/03/17
SkyMelon 7e 小龙 23/03/17
SkyMelon 7a 小龙 23/03/17 (test build)
SkyMelon 7 小龙 22/03/17
Sky Melon v6 --小龙 11/03/17 (buggy)
Sky Melon v5a --小龙 19/02/17 (video recording bug)
Sky Melon v5 --小龙(XiaoLong) 12/02/17 (some M4 aqua may not be able to boot v5)
Sky Melon v4a --凤凰 28/01/17
Sky Melon v4 --凤凰 27/01/17
v3 --凤凰(FengHuang)-build 11/01/17
Sky Melon, Kernel for the Sony Xperia M4 Aqua
Source Code: https://github.com/AndyPhoenix9879/SkyMelon-msm8939
Kernel Special Features: A lot.
Current Stable Version: 9
Stable Release Date: 2017-01-11
Beta Release Date: 2017-01-06
Last Updated 2017-06-11