Since I had some troubles rooting my Xperia M4 Aqua the other day, I made a video tutorial on how to root it, because it was kinda hard for a newbie like me to root it with the help of other posts on the forums. The tutorial is a step by step tutorial, and I hope it will help newbies like me to root their phone.
And for those who would rather root their phone via the textual step by step tutorial, here it is:
1. Go to settings on your phone >about phone>build version and tap the ''build version'' couple of times till you don't get a message saying you're now a developer.
2. Go to developer options>USB debugging and check that.
3. Download these files on your computer desktop:
Xperia rootkit: http://www.mediafire.com/download/aw....1.X.3.xxx.zip
4. When you have downloaded those files, open adb-setup and install it. Type ''Y'' on every row.
5. Unzip the rootkit folder, and just copy the whole folder (not what's inside the folder, you must copy the whole folder) and paste it to local disk C in the ''adb'' folder.
6. Now plug your Xperia M4 Aqua in the USB which is connected to your PC, and click ''OK'' when a window pops out on your phone for USB debugging.
7. Now, open the ''adb'' folder, and then the rootkit folder and click on the file ''install.bat''
8. Wait for the installing process to be done, your phone will restart once, and when it turns on, just click enter on the cmd windows, and that's it.
Your Xperia M4 Aqua is now rooted. Enjoy.