FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Improve camera and speed overall, stop lagging

439 posts
Thanks Meter: 51

By djurkash, Senior Member on 4th June 2016, 10:27 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi to all,
first to say, I am not M4A owner, but, in my company lots of people got it as company phone (8GB versions) and everyone complains...
Primarily, lagging, lack of internal memory, camera too slow, and I saw it myself, that LP SW is real pain in the a....
I had previously Z2, Z ultra, Z3C, and now Z3+ , and really likes Sony phones, and although all these were flagships, I am sure M4A can perform better.
So, what do you, users, recommend?
Ideas:
- rooting, custom recovery
- exposed
- some scripting like skynet project
- is there some better camera SW that will speed up camera performance
- What is the best way to solve memory issues etc...

I'd like to help (at list some of them, willing to play with it)...But I need real info from users that improved their user experience...

e6533

4th June 2016, 10:48 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 302

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djurkash

Hi to all,
first to say, I am not M4A owner, but, in my company lots of people got it as company phone (8GB versions) and everyone complains...
Primarily, lagging, lack of internal memory, camera too slow, and I saw it myself, that LP SW is real pain in the a....
I had previously Z2, Z ultra, Z3C, and now Z3+ , and really likes Sony phones, and although all these were flagships, I am sure M4A can perform better.
So, what do you, users, recommend?
Ideas:
- rooting, custom recovery
- exposed
- some scripting like skynet project
- is there some better camera SW that will speed up camera performance
- What is the best way to solve memory issues etc...

I'd like to help (at list some of them, willing to play with it)...But I need real info from users that improved their user experience...

e6533

In my opinion, the only thing that really could improve the overall performance of this device is an optimized kernel. The first firmware for this phone was great in terms of performance, then it started going downhill and the recent updates made a sort of "uphill" but still bad. Storage and performance is what limits the satisfaction of using this phone - other than that, everything is great!
4th June 2016, 02:31 PM |#3  
Flag sulaymaniyh
Thanks Meter: 370

More
Gaming is very bad i don't know why I had Xperia tx 1G ram 2 core but it's much better than m4 with 2 G ram 8 core why? camera is just bad very slow hope someone just fix them we need real devloper because it's software problems not hardware

Sent from my E2333 using XDA-Developers mobile app
4th June 2016, 02:39 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I found a good solution, and wrote manual on 4pda.ru.
I'm lazy to translate it and i can't even post link to it
4th June 2016, 03:21 PM |#5  
Flag sulaymaniyh
Thanks Meter: 370

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by demolition.nick

I found a good solution, and wrote manual on 4pda.ru.
I'm lazy to translate it and i can't even post link to it

Lol please just give us a link don't be lazy today if you can't post it because you are new member so send it by message to me

Sent from my E2333 using XDA-Developers mobile app
4th June 2016, 06:47 PM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by diyar95

Lol please just give us a link don't be lazy today if you can't post it because you are new member so send it by message to me

What tha hell? I can't even send a private message
4th June 2016, 06:57 PM |#7  
Flag Lomas de Zamora City
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Quote:

What tha hell? I can't even send a private message

Just replace the dots in the link and post it like text
4th June 2016, 07:06 PM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergioslk

Just replace the dots in the link and post it like text

xxx4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=678251&st=2240#entry48988733xx x
This method is based on modifying interactive governor. So you need root access. You can do this by 2 ways. The first is kernel auditor (also requires busybox). Just set up interactive parametres as i wrote on 4pda. I think you will understand how to do this. The 2 way is to put init.qcom.post_boot.sh into system/etc with right permissions. It's the same, but as for me it's more comfortable. You can just change governor to ondemand, but phone will randomly rebooting
The Following User Says Thank You to demolition.nick For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift demolition.nick Ad-Free
4th June 2016, 09:33 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:

xxx4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=678251&st=2240#entry48988733xx x
This method is based on modifying interactive governor. So you need root access. You can do this by 2 ways. The first is kernel auditor (also requires busybox). Just set up interactive parametres as i wrote on 4pda. I think you will understand how to do this. The 2 way is to put init.qcom.post_boot.sh into system/etc with right permissions. It's the same, but as for me it's more comfortable. You can just change governor to ondemand, but phone will randomly rebooting

Didn't you get overheating?
4th June 2016, 09:40 PM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagger1

Didn't you get overheating?

Yes, but situation is better than if you set ondemand. If you want to cool down your phone, just change thermal engine file. You can download it here, on xda. As for me, i don't give a f... about overheating. You can cook everywhere)
4th June 2016, 10:24 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Arandjelovac/Beograd
Thanks Meter: 51

More
Thanks, will give it a try...

e6533
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)