About Console OS for MOJO

Search This thread

senteix2

Feb 17, 2014
hey guys , i've heard about this project console OS ,

add kickstarter host to the start of this or google it -> /projects/mmv/console-os-dual-boot-android-remastered-for-the-pc

is kickstarter founded and is trying to bring an Desktop experience for android devices X86 and ARM , so i think i would be awesome to have it on MOJO , also it would be android kitkat, the devices they are going to work with depend vote of people so if you are interested we can apply for a 10$ fund to get our MOJO with and awesome android version
what do yo think ? :eek:

Reactions: gwaldo

christoph80

Apr 2, 2014
Not sure I follow why you would want it on the MOJO, but I did back it several weeks ago when it was around 25k, so I am looking forward to seeing what Console OS will do, specifically for getting Android on windows desktops. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

gwaldo

Dec 30, 2013
Melb.
xpcoin.com

add kickstarter host to the start of this or google it -> /projects/mmv/console-os-dual-boot-android-remastered-for-the-pc

is kickstarter founded and is trying to bring an Desktop experience for android devices X86 and ARM , so i think i would be awesome to have it on MOJO , also it would be android kitkat, the devices they are going to work with depend vote of people so if you are interested we can apply for a 10$ fund to get our MOJO with and awesome android version

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...t-android-remastered-for-the-pc/?ref=kicktraq

This is convergence in full effect!

Good post, I wasn't aware of this.
Basically it's a vendor port of Android to some laptops/Tablets.

"We have to build Android for one device at a time"
Limited HW target builds, so it's not like windows/linux, install on anything... but like a mobile custom build.

There's a lot of cheap android netbooks on ebay already... basically cheap phone HW.
"....We're taking the next step, and bringing Android back to the desktop." of cause! lol

This is mainly targeting tablets though, switching between windows and android.
PC support, sounds secondary (too many drivers to rebuild.. thus the voting).

Android, has a small footprint (like winXP) and runs in emulation on a PC just fine.

Not sure why you would want ConsoleOS on mojo... it's already android?

senteix2

Feb 17, 2014
Not sure I follow why you would want it on the MOJO, but I did back it several weeks ago when it was around 25k, so I am looking forward to seeing what Console OS will do, specifically for getting Android on windows desktops. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

they said at least these

out of the gates, we will support 25 iconic Laptops, PCs, x86 tablets and convertible devices with Console OS. And, here they are:

ASUS: Transformer Book T100
Dell: XPS 11, XPS 12, XPS 13, and XPS 15, Venue 8 Pro, Venue 11 Pro
Intel: Next Unit of Computing (all NUC models except for 847DYE)
Lenovo: Miix 2 8-inch, Miix 2 10-inch, IdeaPad U430p, ThinkPad X1 Carbon, Yoga 2, Yoga Pro 2
Sager: NP2740
Sony: VAIO Tap 11, VAIO Pro 11 & 13
System76: Galago UltraPro
Toshiba: Protege R30 & Z30, Tecra A50, Z50 & Z40
And, of course, all of our own iConsole-branded hardware like iConsole Unit 00 (and more, new hardware coming later this month)

senteix2

Feb 17, 2014
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...t-android-remastered-for-the-pc/?ref=kicktraq

Limited HW target builds, so it's not like windows/linux, install on anything... but like a mobile custom build.

There's a lot of cheap android netbooks on ebay already... basically cheap phone HW.
"....We're taking the next step, and bringing Android back to the desktop." of cause! lol

Android, has a small footprint (like winXP) and runs in emulation on a PC just fine.

+

yeah is android almost pure only with a custom windows manager and launcher

read this part

WindowFlinger – A true window manager for Android – run Android apps in windows (Console OS will run two apps side-by-side without Pro)
InstaSwitch – Building a new hypervisor to instantly toggle between native Android and native Windows
Console Remote Access -> Remotely access your Console OS device from any old Android
Additional codecs and media playback support
Native DVR support (planned ATSC, DVB, QAM/CableCARD, & DTCP-IP)
Built-in media serving (UPnP and DLNA)
Console Files – A new file manager we’re building in to the desktop
Console Maps Pro – Premium Maps with Enhanced Turn-by-Turn

also its Kit Kat

also you allow you switch instanly form one SO to other in x86 is with Windows or Ubuntu ,if they do a ARM version is posible to have Ubuntu and Android

acording to the FAQ

What about dual-booting with Ubuntu?
It's our goal to do so - but we had to limit our feature list to the bare minimum that we can shoot for with our initial goal of $50,000 to raise. We actually dual-boot with Ubuntu in the lab, routinely, so it's a matter of when, not if.

As to other flavors of Linux, it'll be based on demand but once we support Ubuntu, most Debian-based flavors should fall into order.

Anyway they dont have a ARM version :(

Reactions: gwaldo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

+

yeah is android almost pure only with a custom windows manager and launcher

read this part

WindowFlinger – A true window manager for Android – run Android apps in windows (Console OS will run two apps side-by-side without Pro)
    InstaSwitch – Building a new hypervisor to instantly toggle between native Android and native Windows
    Console Remote Access -> Remotely access your Console OS device from any old Android
    Additional codecs and media playback support
    Native DVR support (planned ATSC, DVB, QAM/CableCARD, & DTCP-IP)
    Built-in media serving (UPnP and DLNA)
    Console Files – A new file manager we’re building in to the desktop
    Console Maps Pro – Premium Maps with Enhanced Turn-by-Turn

also its Kit Kat

also you allow you switch instanly form one SO to other in x86 is with Windows or Ubuntu ,if they do a ARM version is posible to have Ubuntu and Android

acording to the FAQ

What about dual-booting with Ubuntu?
    It's our goal to do so - but we had to limit our feature list to the bare minimum that we can shoot for with our initial goal of $50,000 to raise. We actually dual-boot with Ubuntu in the lab, routinely, so it's a matter of when, not if.

As to other flavors of Linux, it'll be based on demand but once we support Ubuntu, most Debian-based flavors should fall into order.

Anyway they dont have a ARM version :(