[Q] ctrlr dongle doesn't work

Search This thread

davirofe

May 25, 2007
Hello everybody yesterday i received my mojo. Console Works great but the control don't pair with the usb dongle in de mojo. PC and MAC recognise the usb but don´t pair..
However the control pairs perfect without using dongle in Galaxy s4, with the dongle don´t work. Any suggestion? There are any bt dongle compatible with mojo and ctrlr?
Thanks in advance. Regards!

gwaldo

Dec 30, 2013
Melb.
xpcoin.com
Hello everybody yesterday i received my mojo. Console Works great but the control don't pair with the usb dongle in de mojo. PC and MAC recognise the usb but don´t pair..
If I understand you correctly, make sure the BT dongle included with the mojo is on the USB3 (blue) port.
Try turning BT on in android setup.. not sure why that would help, but just in case there's been an update..

However the control pairs perfect without using dongle in Galaxy s4, with the dongle don´t work. Any suggestion? There are any bt dongle compatible with mojo and ctrlr?
Thanks in advance. Regards!

If that didn't work, raise a support request with madcatz, probably a busted USB Dongle, (it should work fine on PC/android/ect, MAC i think might need drivers)

You can pair the mojo CTRLR to your galaxy without the dongle?? wow!
Man, I'm hoping it's a firmware fix coming :)

Also: There are any bt dongle compatible with mojo and ctrlr?
TMK, The dongle isn't actually BT, so I doubt there would be an alternative out there.

Last edited:

davirofe

May 25, 2007
If I understand you correctly, make sure the BT dongle included with the mojo is on the USB3 (blue) port.
Try turning BT on in android setup.. not sure why that would help, but just in case there's been an update..

If that didn't work, raise a support request with madcatz, probably a busted USB Dongle, (it should work fine on PC/android/ect, MAC i think might need drivers)

You can pair the mojo CTRLR to your galaxy without the dongle?? wow!
Man, I'm hoping it's a firmware fix coming :)

Also: There are any bt dongle compatible with mojo and ctrlr?
TMK, The dongle isn't actually BT, so I doubt there would be an alternative out there.

Yes, i plug the dongle on the USB3 of the mojo, but the controller doesn't pair.
Turning on the Bluetooth of the mojo doesn't detect the controller

in galaxy s4 with stock kitkat and without dongle the controller pair and works fine.
If i power off the bt on sgs4 and connect the dongle with otg USB phone detect new keyboard connected but controller doesn't pair.
Only pair without dongle and with bt 4.0 devices....... I'm confused.
Thanks for you answer man!

gwaldo

Dec 30, 2013
Melb.
xpcoin.com
Yes, i plug the dongle on the USB3 of the mojo, but the controller doesn't pair.
Turning on the Bluetooth of the mojo doesn't detect the controller

in galaxy s4 with stock kitkat and without dongle the controller pair and works fine.
If i power off the bt on sgs4 and connect the dongle with otg USB phone detect new keyboard connected but controller doesn't pair.
Only pair without dongle and with bt 4.0 devices....... I'm confused.
Thanks for you answer man!

What model# is it?
My MOJO CTRLR is 32263 and my the retail CTRLR : 32266.
Maybe different firmware, I would raise a ticket with Madcatz, with a link to this thread.

"If i power off the bt on sgs4 and connect the dongle with otg USB phone detect new keyboard connected but controller doesn't pair."
Is that with the MOJO dongle, it works with a BT4 keyboard?

I hope it's a new firmware release for both CTRLR and MOJO :fingers-crossed:

Does the blue light come on the CTRLR?
Try holding down the start button for a few seconds, the light should go red'ish then try to repair.

That's very strange, did you check that both USB ports on the MOJO work?
I'm guessing it's a firmware issue or a dongle issue.

Last edited:

davirofe

May 25, 2007
What model# is it?
My MOJO CTRLR is 32263 and my the retail CTRLR : 32266.
Maybe different firmware, I would raise a ticket with Madcatz, with a link to this thread.

"If i power off the bt on sgs4 and connect the dongle with otg USB phone detect new keyboard connected but controller doesn't pair."
Is that with the MOJO dongle, it works with a BT4 keyboard?

I hope it's a new firmware release for both CTRLR and MOJO :fingers-crossed:

Does the blue light come on the CTRLR?
Try holding down the start button for a few seconds, the light should go red'ish then try to repair.

That's very strange, did you check that both USB ports on the MOJO work?
I'm guessing it's a firmware issue or a dongle issue.

My controller is the same
The CTRLR DONGLE is :43710

When i connect the dongle of the mojo to the phone detect new keyboard, but nothing works, controller doesn't pair and i don't try with bt keyboard. I think dongle fail...,

When pair without dongle to S4 the light is blue and works well
When i try the same with the dongle in the mojo, pc or Mac reconigse the dongle well(drivers install perfect) but the light of the controller is blinking red/blue and doesn't works
If i press start button 5 seg light change purple and after blink again red/blue (pair mode) but doesn't pair

The USB ports of the mojo also well fine i plug Xbox 360 controller and mouse to set up the system

Thanks for your help!

gwaldo

Dec 30, 2013
Melb.
xpcoin.com
My controller is the same
The CTRLR DONGLE is :43710

When i connect the dongle of the mojo to the phone detect new keyboard, but nothing works, controller doesn't pair and i don't try with bt keyboard. I think dongle fail...,

When pair without dongle to S4 the light is blue and works well
When i try the same with the dongle in the mojo, pc or Mac reconigse the dongle well(drivers install perfect) but the light of the controller is blinking red/blue and doesn't works
If i press start button 5 seg light change purple and after blink again red/blue (pair mode) but doesn't pair

The USB ports of the mojo also well fine i plug Xbox 360 controller and mouse to set up the system

Thanks for your help!

My dongle model is the same.. strange that it still works on PC/Mac (loading drivers) :/ dont know sorry...
Even with a BT4 USB adaptor, I doubt it would work on the MOJO because android 4.3 doesn't support BT4.
Raise a support ticket on the madcatz site.
that's a bummer, hope you get it fixed soo.

rmraiden

Jul 26, 2010
Same Problem here, Mojo paired with my phone but not with the controller. But the Controller works fine with my Nexus 5.

Coolin82

Jan 7, 2015
Same problem here. MOJO support doesn't seem to be much help other than disconnect it and reconnect but I can't even get it to pair. Anyone found resolution for this?

laywaste

Jul 11, 2014
I also have the same problem, would installing a lower firmware help?, mine came with the 4k res and ouya update out of box, if I install lower firmware would that solve my dongle problem?

Thanks

gwaldo

Dec 30, 2013
Melb.
xpcoin.com
I also have the same problem, would installing a lower firmware help?, mine came with the 4k res and ouya update out of box, if I install lower firmware would that solve my dongle problem?

Thanks

No, don't bother.
FYI: @Coolin82 @rmraiden
TMK, the only thing you can do is install the lollypop custom rom, it doesn't need the dongle and pairs fine without it.
See the development forum.

Wow! That's really strange, I use the dongle on my PC(linux/XP) and mojo.. never had issues it, it just works.

Coolin82

Jan 7, 2015
Mine is now working. Mad Catz RMA'd my controller and sent me the new CTRL that doesn't require a dongle. Gaming is so much better now!! :laugh: