FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

How to monitor your app in first few days?

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 1
 
By hzainab, Junior Member on 10th February 2015, 11:15 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello everyone,

We have launched an android app, Factor Monsters (by Knowledge Platform), yesterday. Google Play is not showing downloads as for now and I came to know that it will show number of downloads after 2-3 days.

I am curious that, in such case, how can I benchmark our app's performance? We have received 30 ratings so far. Are they a good start? Is there any benchmark or tool to determine if our app is going fine or not?

I tried to do Google Search but was unable to find any answer which can give this information.

I shall look forward to learn from you in this regard.

Best,
Hira
 
 
27th February 2015, 05:02 PM |#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Once and for all. Remember one thing. You should integrate analytics services into your app to get prorper information and on time.
30 is rather good but the amount of marks rarely indicates the amount of downloads. I would suggest 100-500 in your case.
13th March 2015, 11:41 AM |#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooldy Games

Once and for all. Remember one thing. You should integrate analytics services into your app to get prorper information and on time.
30 is rather good but the amount of marks rarely indicates the amount of downloads. I would suggest 100-500 in your case.

You would suggest 100 - 500 of what in his case? Downloads?
Usually, you can expect that less than 0,5% of the users will review your app, and that 1 - 3% will give you the rating. Top games (Clash of Clans) get up to 10% ratings. But with such a low data, anything could happen. Also, many things could affect them:
- have you reviewed your app? With 30 reviews, your review is 3,3% of all your reviews...
- have your friends or family reviewed your app?
- have you asked people to review your app?

Anyway, good indicator would be to check how many impressions have you generated. Ad providers are much quicker with their dashboard updates. Also, integrating Google Analytics or Flurry could give you detailed insight in your users count, session length etc.
If you got 30 unincentivised reviews from general audience (not your facebook friends etc) it would mean you are most likely in 5000+ downloads range. But I guess you got these reviews from your friends or people that are somewhat familiar with you, and you are in 100 - 500 downloads range. Anyway, you can't expect any detailed and accurate data with such a low reviews count.
30th March 2015, 06:02 PM |#4  
Junior Member
Lisbon
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Hey hzainab,

30 ratings is a good starting point for just 2/3 days on the store, but as others have stated, I would wait until you have reached a higher volume if you want to use ratings as a metric.

I would focus on getting to know my users and the retention. Ratings may be good, but have you wondered how many of your new users have returned to your app after the first session? Or even if they are using the app the way you intended? Who are they? How much are they using? These KPIs will be more important on this stage since they will allow you to fine tune your users experience.

Google Analytics or Flurry can be an option and they are free services, but they will just give you some (limited) information. Since this is a newly app and you probably don't have a gigantic user community already, why don't you try other services which will also be free for your current numbers?
I know I am biased because I work for Liquid, but I would suggest that you take a look at what we do.

Regards and much success.
2nd April 2015, 12:50 PM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaktu

You would suggest 100 - 500 of what in his case? Downloads?
Usually, you can expect that less than 0,5% of the users will review your app, and that 1 - 3% will give you the rating. Top games (Clash of Clans) get up to 10% ratings. But with such a low data, anything could happen. Also, many things could affect them:
- have you reviewed your app? With 30 reviews, your review is 3,3% of all your reviews...
- have your friends or family reviewed your app?
- have you asked people to review your app?

Anyway, good indicator would be to check how many impressions have you generated. Ad providers are much quicker with their dashboard updates. Also, integrating Google Analytics or Flurry could give you detailed insight in your users count, session length etc.
If you got 30 unincentivised reviews from general audience (not your facebook friends etc) it would mean you are most likely in 5000+ downloads range. But I guess you got these reviews from your friends or people that are somewhat familiar with you, and you are in 100 - 500 downloads range. Anyway, you can't expect any detailed and accurate data with such a low reviews count.

Yep, downloads. Usually you get bigger review\download rate in the beginning because of friends review , friend of friends review - etc. One crappy game of mine got 60 reviews and less then 700 downloads
18th May 2015, 10:27 AM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Appannie and Sensortower are my picks when it comes too analytics. Sensortower will help you evaluate your app's success and point out your competitors too, so you can see what you're up against. Also, if you'll ever be interested in monetizing and promoting your app, a bunch of ad networks give you free tracking on their SDK so you can see where your downloads are coming from, etc.
18th September 2015, 07:44 AM |#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Hi, You can choose App Annie, App Figures or Flurry to track your apps performance.
24th April 2016, 01:03 PM |#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
We used Google Analytics and BugSense.
2nd January 2017, 11:11 AM |#9  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
How to monitor your app in first few days?
Tips to monitor your app -

1.Firstly – don’t only focus on app downloads!

2.Want to improve your app? The real data is about engagement!

3.More behavior to track? Push notifications!

4.Track those all important reviews and ratings

5.Depressing uninstall analytics – not to mention crash stats!

6.User Acquisition – where did a spike in downloads come from?.
11th May 2017, 05:23 PM |#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Run a test campaign with myTarget and you'll be in safe hands. Reach your desired audienceglobally and generate high revenue from your app. Promote your Android app across multiple networks within a single campaign.
6th March 2018, 07:36 AM |#11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Some steps
Quote:
Originally Posted by hzainab

Hello everyone,

We have launched an android app, Factor Monsters (by Knowledge Platform), yesterday. Google Play is not showing downloads as for now and I came to know that it will show number of downloads after 2-3 days.

I am curious that, in such case, how can I benchmark our app's performance? We have received 30 ratings so far. Are they a good start? Is there any benchmark or tool to determine if our app is going fine or not?

I tried to do Google Search but was unable to find any answer which can give this information.

I shall look forward to learn from you in this regard.

Best,
Hira

Below is the data you need to track immediately after launching:

New users from acquisition sources
First-week engagement rates
First-week retention rates
Most used features
Least used features
App-store views and ratings
App installs vs. churn
Glitches/bugs
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes