Here are the most useful tips which I have learnt promoting my Android Apps:
1) Start promoting your App while it’s still developing.
2) Make an announcement about your Application in news break. List its pros, benefits, emphasize strong sides. It helps to warm up the user’s perception and become more loyal to the newly released application.
3) Maximize its effectiveness in your inner market. I mean it must stand out among the similar applications and become visible for users when they type its name in search line. ASO service will help you to be different and recognized – pay attention on title, description, screenshots, and presence of keywords.
4) Use SMM channel. Talk as much as possible about your application in social networks, thematic blogs and forums.
5) Maintain AdWords campaign – it would provide you solely target audience on your App installation.
6) Use incent traffic service which provide you installs and high rate reviews– it cost not much, but ensure inflow of organic audience.
7) If you have several similar application – not use the same marketing campaign – try different channels and test measurements.
8) Run the keyword install campaigns for the cheapest rankings growth and raise your organic traffic
Would be great if people will add their own thoughts/marketing cases here. Concerning the different ad networks/platforms etc