FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

How can I increase downloads

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By JeanPierreQC, Junior Member on 29th September 2014, 02:45 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
How can I increase downloads on my application without paid promotion? Here is the link https <Remove this space> ://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.random_messenger.android&hl=en

13th November 2014, 08:09 AM |#2  

More
Lightbulb
Simply just try to offer good and quality apps for users. People do really appreciate good apps. I would like to share an example of the game app Candy crush which is doing just amazing and there are millions of users for this game app for now. And hundred and thousands of downloads have been made. People just love good apps. If you are making great then obviously you'll get liked by every one and the downloads will also increase which is a white hat technique.

"Twilio Apps | Twilio Application | Twilio Applications | Ranking Solutions | Buzz Apps | Twilio Services Address: 4153 Roosevelt Wilson Lane , San Bernardino , California ,92405
Phone: +920418501874
Email: [email protected]"
20th November 2014, 01:38 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexhudson623

Simply just try to offer good and quality apps for users or for website design service[/url] site owners. People do really appreciate good apps. I would like to share an example of the game app Candy crush which is doing just amazing and there are millions of users for this game app for now. And hundred and thousands of downloads have been made. People just love good apps. If you are making great then obviously you'll get liked by every one and the downloads will also increase which is a white hat technique.

Really? You are saying that just make your game and people will find it if it's good enough? Maybe that was true some years ago, but certainly nowadays it's completely wrong. Optimize your keywords to be shown in relevant searches is one of the keys (ASO), but unfortunately not the only one. Spread the word in alternative channels is also necessary... but it isn't enough neither. Actually, get users without spend tons of dollars in advertising is quite a challenge. I really would like to hear some advices from someone who have experience in this.

By the way, JeanPierreQC, your idea is quite good, but I'm afraid there's many apps which do exactly the same, anyway cool idea, it's a pity you need a lot of users to make it work.
The Following User Says Thank You to tormentes For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tormentes Ad-Free
24th November 2014, 01:55 PM |#4  

More
With patience
Unless you get very lucky there is no any simple way to get users fast. The market places are very competitive. Market you apps in social media and internet forums, get all your friends and relatives download your apps. Make many apps that draw users to your other apps. Make so great app that somebody wants to become your partner and does the promotion for you. Simple things like the signature banner below this message can make the difference in the long term.
16th December 2014, 10:16 AM |#5  

More
try to implement the ASO to trigger the app installs
19th December 2014, 08:50 PM |#6  

More
Don't forget that download alone isn't enough. you need the users to be engaged. Having thousands of downloads will not give you higher ranking if everyone simply uninstall it immediately. So be aware from pay per install plan where the users has insensitive to perform the installation. At the end of the day, your app needs to be able to keep the customers with you.
23rd December 2014, 07:24 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
ASO is imho a bit overrated. Having relevant keywords and a nice looking icon and screens, and stuff like that, is simply common sense to me. As long as you have that you have good enough ASO really. ASO isn't some secret trick to get thousands of daily downloads like some people seem to think. There are no secret tricks for that.

To get a lot of download you need to put in A LOT of work, and/or A LOT of money. And have a really good app of course.

Anyway, I good idea that has worked very well for me is localising. If you can't localise your entire app you can at least localise the app description. Adding a few more "big" languages for my app description have almost doubled my downloads, even though the app itself is in english only. It's also cheap as you can get translations for $5 each on fiverr. Sure you won't know how good they are for that little money, but it's basically no money spent and it's probably a lot better than google translate at the very least.
2nd January 2015, 05:24 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
If you are sure that your app is engaging enough for users then try to put as many sharing options as possible within you app like fb,whatapp,twitter. this can boost your downloads.
12th January 2015, 03:20 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by digibligames

Anyway, I good idea that has worked very well for me is localising. If you can't localise your entire app you can at least localise the app description. Adding a few more "big" languages for my app description have almost doubled my downloads, even though the app itself is in english only. It's also cheap as you can get translations for $5 each on fiverr. Sure you won't know how good they are for that little money, but it's basically no money spent and it's probably a lot better than google translate at the very least.

Hi,

Pretty interesting and good suggestion.
Could you please share some stats or further experiences about with v.s. without localising
13th January 2015, 06:44 PM |#10  

More
Have you tried PR to push your app?

There's a blog post called "State of App Promotion" that you should check out. Can't post the link because I'm a new user, but just search for "DecisiveAds" on Twitter. It's pinned to the profile. Good luck!
15th January 2015, 02:08 AM |#11  

More
Thumbs up
The best solution would be doing extensive ASO.
A lot of people just optimize keywords and titles but real ASO is much more.

The best way to do it "on budget" is to do this mix:
-optimize your title, description and keywords
-optimize your icon (to increase click through rate)
-make description user friendly (users will usually read only few first sentences, make it clear and readable without keyword stuffing. Use second half of description for that.)
-launch social campaign - you can simply message some influencers to post your app link for $10-20. One share on Google Play can result in hundreds of downloads if properly targeted!
-create links on high authority sites like developer forums and review sites (this helps a lot!), ask users of those communities to check your app
-ask people to test your app - submit it to general forums - people love to help as long as your app is high quality!
-test, test, test. Do as many A/B tests as you can. To cut the cost you can use your family, friends or even better - ask users of forums to vote for you!

Good Luck!

Victoria Green
Full ASO
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)