FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Super charge and cable not genuine

899 posts
Thanks Meter: 42

By myabc, Senior Member on 23rd May 2018, 11:01 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello. I tried charger qc 3.0 but doesn't work at speed fast... I tried the genuine charger with a tested cable hi speed 3.0 and doesn't work at speed... Can anyone suggest a charger and a cable tested working lower yhan 10 dollars shipped??? Its incredible this price difference with qc that i bought both 3 dollars

23rd May 2018, 05:43 PM |#2  
Flag Swalmen
Thanks Meter: 118

More
Use original cable and charger ro charge at high speed... Other cables or chargers don't work and can even damage your phone..
(for example my umi fast charger usb C..
charges at 5+9+12volts)
23rd May 2018, 11:36 PM |#3  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 1,119

Donate to Me
More
With a cheap price always comes cheap quality.
QC 3/4 are not built for the Mate 10 series, they are built for QC compatible devices, while it will still charge the phone, probably at slightly increased speeds - you won't get the full power out of it as, its not meant to be used on a Fast charge phone (Fast charge / SuperCharge whatever Huawei call it)
10th June 2018, 05:50 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Let me share something which I've found out recently. If you use a QC charger for eg. Xiaomi Type C Mi Power bank Pro which support QC 3.0 charging, my Mate 10 will display "Fast Charging" which is definitely faster than normal "Charging". If you use the Huawei Supercharge AP09S Power bank, it will charge at the max rate "Super Charging"
10th June 2018, 10:26 AM |#5  
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Huawei Supercharge is a dedicated technology just like qualcomm quickcharge. For it to work you need the dedicated hardware.

Most important: Huawei Supercharge phone and Huawei Supercharge power brick. Since supercharge features up to 5A current you will need a type c cable that supports 5A. Then you are good to go.

The Huawei phone of course supports standard USB protocols like 5V2A etc. But that's not fast.

Older Huawei/honor phones support Huawei quickcharge (what they used before supercharge) which is 9V2A. I think the mate 10 supports that too.

From my experience though the phone displays "charging" when connected to PC via USB. "Quickcharge" when connected to normal wall charger. "Supercharge" when connected to supercharge wallcharger (or supercharge car charger or supercharge Powerbank) via 5A (ampere) USB cable.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)