FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Rebrand Mate 10 Pro BLA-L09 8.0.0.125 (C34) to Asia/Inernational Version

33 posts
Thanks Meter: 4

Post Reply Email Thread
I am new to Huawei. Currently on BLA-L09 8.0.0.125(C34) on Optus(AU). I want to rebrand it to Asia/International version.

The queries I have.

01. Can someone please point me to the right Zone Code (i.e. C34) which I should be using?
02. Is it safe to use ROM's for L29 in L09 set and change the Zone? (i.e. rebrand with L29 Asia/International ROM)
03. If I use a L29 Asia/International ROM and purchase a Dual Sim tray, does both the sim slot works?

Thanks in advance.

7th January 2018, 08:06 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
This thread is relevant to my interests (I also have a pro w/Optus).
7th January 2018, 10:22 AM |#3  
OP Member
Flag Adelaide

More
I emailed the good guys at Funky Huawei. They pointed to me that, I need to change to C636. In settings, I can see two SIM support is now enabled. Ordered a dual SIM tray, once I get them delivered, I hope they do work. However, the only thing I am missing is the VoLTE support. The option is not in the settings anymore. I wont certainly wont miss the option much but still trying to find a way. Apart from that, the ROM is smooth.
7th January 2018, 01:59 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
where did you order the dual sim tray?
8th January 2018, 07:25 AM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUBAiR

I emailed the good guys at Funky Huawei. They pointed to me that, I need to change to C636. In settings, I can see two SIM support is now enabled. Ordered a dual SIM tray, once I get them delivered, I hope they do work. However, the only thing I am missing is the VoLTE support. The option is not in the settings anymore. I wont certainly wont miss the option much but still trying to find a way. Apart from that, the ROM is smooth.

Did you have to pay for the firmware and/or installation tool(s) from funky or did you do it some other way?
8th January 2018, 08:58 AM |#7  
OP Member
Flag Adelaide

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel5

Did you have to pay for the firmware and/or installation tool(s) from funky or did you do it some other way?

Unfortunately I cannot take credit for that. I paid and followed instructions with FH.
The Following User Says Thank You to JUBAiR For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JUBAiR Ad-Free
8th January 2018, 09:18 AM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUBAiR

Unfortunately I cannot take credit for that. I paid and followed instructions with FH.

That's cool, how did you find the process? Easy enough? How much did you pay? What was your motivation to change your firmware? I appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions
8th January 2018, 01:41 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel5

That's cool, how did you find the process? Easy enough? How much did you pay? What was your motivation to change your firmware? I appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions

I did it because I needed the dual sim support that wasn't present with the firmware I was using.
The process honestly it's pretty straightforward, I can't complain.
The Following User Says Thank You to Heimdall_ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Heimdall_ Ad-Free
10th January 2018, 02:05 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 262

More
Look like there no hope of having a lineage OS for our mate 10. It has been so long and no developer had build any of it.
10th January 2018, 10:40 PM |#11  

More
I am also looking into rebranding.

Did you check with FH guys about support for Optus VoLTE???
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)