FORUMS

Mate 10 pro-headphone audio not working

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By Mate 12445, Junior Member on 20th February 2018, 02:21 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Mate 10 pro was functioning normally for a couple of months before it suddenly stopped playing audio from that USB cable to headphone dongle. Whenever headphones are connected, the phone still plays audio from the phones speaker system. For some reason the phone does not register the fact that the headphones are connected to it and the headphone icon does not pop up. I've tried factory resetting the phone and cleaning out the port but the problem is still there leading me to believe that this is a software issue.
Anyone else experiencing this or has fixed this?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mate 12445 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mate 12445 Ad-Free
27th February 2018, 10:26 AM |#2  

More
Hi. I'm also using mate 10 pro and same thing happened to me. It suddenly stopped working. I was given 2 headphones when i bought it but it wont recognize both. I thought it was the jack, so i tried the other headphone and still the same. It's not a port issue because phone works just fine if i connect it to my laptop.

It also started overheating and won't charge when using the original charger but works if I connect the cord to my samsung charger (this is why im sure its not the port). The battery started draining faster as well. It as working great before that. I already uninstalled some apps, run virus scan, optimise, check audio settings, check cords...

This all started happening at the same time and i don't know if anyone else is having the problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to m8pro For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift m8pro Ad-Free
3rd March 2018, 02:25 PM |#3  
Flag Oslo

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by m8pro

Hi. I'm also using mate 10 pro and same thing happened to me. It suddenly stopped working. I was given 2 headphones when i bought it but it wont recognize both. I thought it was the jack, so i tried the other headphone and still the same. It's not a port issue because phone works just fine if i connect it to my laptop.

It also started overheating and won't charge when using the original charger but works if I connect the cord to my samsung charger (this is why im sure its not the port). The battery started draining faster as well. It as working great before that. I already uninstalled some apps, run virus scan, optimise, check audio settings, check cords...

This all started happening at the same time and i don't know if anyone else is having the problem.

I had the exact same problem as you have described with my mate 10 pro. I also tried what you already have, but I didn't manage to fix it. The only thing I did not test was to flash another rom, or reflash stock, but at that time I didn't know of any others with the same problem.

I gave up and sent the phone to service where they replaced the motherboard and a flex cable (cable between the motherboard and the USB-port). Im still not sure if this is a hardware or software problem.

In my situation, I always heard a crackling sound before the music stopped, but everything was normal afterwards and this happened about approximately 8 times in a period of 2 weeks, until the last time when the music stopped and the phone experienced som sort of kernel panic and restarted. After that my phone did not recognize headphones, got hot and would not charge.

The thing is that I have experienced this one after the hardware replacement, but it did not restart and kept functioning as normal as before where I just have to start the music again, but I'm afraid that this will happen again after a couple of times.

Did you manage to find a solution?
4th March 2018, 01:46 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Solved!
Solved the issue. It's a software issue. I found that when excessively used the device must go into a safe mode and stops the reverse type C from functioning. All I did was put the earphones provided with in and forcibly restarted device by holding power button for more than 10 seconds. Hope this helped!
The Following User Says Thank You to xXTAURUSXx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xXTAURUSXx Ad-Free
4th March 2018, 03:15 PM |#5  
Flag Oslo

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXTAURUSXx

Solved the issue. It's a software issue. I found that when excessively used the device must go into a safe mode and stops the reverse type C from functioning. All I did was put the earphones provided with in and forcibly restarted device by holding power button for more than 10 seconds. Hope this helped!

This is so good news! Thank you! If this happens again, I know what to do
16th March 2018, 01:56 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXTAURUSXx

unfortunately it's not. Today afternoon suddenly stopped. Phone is charging but not detect any headphone, even original usb-c headphone.
16th March 2018, 05:28 AM |#7  

More
Not every problem is the same. Mine was a software issue. Yours may be different
19th March 2018, 11:14 AM |#8  

More
So I have this problem and I have done some testing with 2 phones

Phone 1 - Mate 10 Pro Dual Sim (BLA-L29)

Phone 2 - P9 PLUS (VIE-L09)

Headphones are

Set 1 - standard USB type-c headphones (standard/original with the Mate 10 Pro)

Set 2 - standard 3.5mm jack headphones (standard/original with P9 Plus)

PLUS

usb type-c to 3.5mm jack adapter (accessory that came with Mate 10 Pro)

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Scenario 1 ❌
Connect headphones set 1 to Mate 10 Pro
Result: audio from device speakers only, nothing through headset

+

Notification saying "Supplying power to connected device over USB" and after tapping the notification setting screen states "Use USB for" - 5 options available and "Reverse Charging" is selected by default. No options available suggesting use as audio device.

Scenario 2 ✔️
Connect headphones set 1 to P9 Plus
Result: audio through headphones

Scenario 3 ✔️
Connect headphones set 2 to adapter to Mate 10 pro

Scenario 4 ✔️
Connect headphones set 2 to P9 Plus

Scenario 5 ✔️
Connect headphones set 2 to to adapter to P9 Plus

So as it stands, this makes no sense at all.

I think I have tried all the potential combinations and I'm at a loss why headphones set 1 doesn't work on Mate 10 Pro but headphones set 1 works with P9 Plus
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180319_215423.jpg
Views:	508
Size:	259.3 KB
ID:	4451469  
The Following User Says Thank You to kiwiclasher For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kiwiclasher Ad-Free
2nd April 2018, 05:53 AM |#9  
LUCENA CITY
Thanks Meter: 374

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwiclasher

So I have this problem and I have done some testing with 2 phones

Phone 1 - Mate 10 Pro Dual Sim (BLA-L29)

Phone 2 - P9 PLUS (VIE-L09)

Headphones are

Set 1 - standard USB type-c headphones (standard/original with the Mate 10 Pro)

Set 2 - standard 3.5mm jack headphones (standard/original with P9 Plus)

PLUS

usb type-c to 3.5mm jack adapter (accessory that came with Mate 10 Pro)

Scenario 1 ❌
Connect headphones set 1 to Mate 10 Pro
Result: audio from device speakers only, nothing through headset

+

Notification saying "Supplying power to connected device over USB" and after tapping the notification setting screen states "Use USB for" - 5 options available and "Reverse Charging" is selected by default. No options available suggesting use as audio device.

Scenario 2 ✔️
Connect headphones set 1 to P9 Plus

Scenario 3 ✔️
Connect headphones set 2 to adapter to Mate 10 pro

Scenario 4 ✔️
Connect headphones set 2 to P9 Plus

Scenario 5 ✔️
Connect headphones set 2 to to adapter to P9 Plus

So as it stands, this makes no sense at all.

I think I have tried all the potential combinations and I'm at a loss why headphones set 1 doesn't work on Mate 10 Pro but headphones set 1 works with P9 Plus

I have identical issue as yours. Me too see have seen the Supplying power to connected etc... Have you found the solution? What did you do?
The Following User Says Thank You to emompong For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift emompong Ad-Free
5th April 2018, 10:02 AM |#10  

More
Started happening to me this morning. I've had this phone for one week ffs - and only used the usb-c to jack dongle 3 times

I saw that a lot of people have this issue with the Pixel 2 too, and apparently only since the January security update. Might be interesting to try this out with the december patch and then with the january one?

Edit: Tried the included headphones and they work. Whereas the dongle seems to move a bit in the port, but even if I push on it it's not recognized. Wish I had another USB-C phone to try the adapter with.

I talked to support and the options they gave me are to send back my phone to the nearest repair centre (at my own cost, just for an adapter), or to see with Amazon (where I bought the phone), or to try to get it repaired somewhere close. No way they would send me another adapter, even if it costs them 10 cents to produce I'm sure (ok, 12 cents if there's a DAC inside).

I knew the build quality looked cheap but I didn't expect it to die after 3 uses.
I guess I'll buy a USB-C to USB-A adapter and buy an Audioquest DragonFly too. That way I'll have good sound.
5th April 2018, 09:51 PM |#11  

More
Yes, just same as urs. I have done factory reset but same story.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)