FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Rebranding questions for .145 & EMUI 8.1

55 posts
Thanks Meter: 4

By garvani, Member on 14th June 2018, 03:01 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
There doesn't seem to be a current guide on how to successfully rebrand, i can see a lot of people managing to brick their phones at present :/. Unless you trawl many pages across many different threads you will never get a clear answer, even after doing all that im not sure. How this info hasnt all been condensed into one current thread i dont know.

Anyways i digress, im currently on .132 running stock Australian Optus firmware on c34. Looking at rebranding to get updates faster (as you do). Am confident enough to do this myself without funky huawei but would like to understand completly how others are managing to brick so i don't fall into the same trap. Ultimately i would unlock bootloader, rebrand, and then relock the bootloader. I have no need for root or exposed etc.

From what i can see on Firmware Finder .145 has been released to C432 but not C636, i was under the impression that C636 was getting updates the fastest but doesn't appear to be the case here. I have no purpose for dual sim so keeping it as a L09 appeals. Are there any gotchas with the European firmware over international/asia?

I have loosely gathered the bricking was due to a bad update a few firmwares ago that was causing the hardbricks, if one avoids .134/.137 will they be ok? From a previous thread .145 xloader seems ok. To avoid this would going from my firmware to C432 .145 be wise? What would be the safest recommendation knowing that C34 has gimped firmware on .132- we have may security update but no face unlock, google assistant wakeup etc etc that other firmwares came with.

Then theres the "how do i actually do this" as rebranding has been taken out of HWOTA8.

Hoping @Pretoriano80 can drop by and share is wealth of knowledge and maybe we can get a thread that has all this info in one place lol

14th June 2018, 05:33 AM |#2  
Flag Olifantsfontein
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Good day,
Firstly you will have to make sure that the current firmware you are using is not a time bomb, cause apparently the bricks aren't caused by the software you are updating to, but rather the one you're using. Just ask at the bricking info forum for the guys to check your current firmware XLOADER if is affected or not.
15th June 2018, 02:41 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 2,312

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by garvani

There doesn't seem to be a current guide on how to successfully rebrand, i can see a lot of people managing to brick their phones at present :/. Unless you trawl many pages across many different threads you will never get a clear answer, even after doing all that im not sure. How this info hasnt all been condensed into one current thread i dont know.

Anyways i digress, im currently on .132 running stock Australian Optus firmware on c34. Looking at rebranding to get updates faster (as you do). Am confident enough to do this myself without funky huawei but would like to understand completly how others are managing to brick so i don't fall into the same trap. Ultimately i would unlock bootloader, rebrand, and then relock the bootloader. I have no need for root or exposed etc.

From what i can see on Firmware Finder .145 has been released to C432 but not C636, i was under the impression that C636 was getting updates the fastest but doesn't appear to be the case here. I have no purpose for dual sim so keeping it as a L09 appeals. Are there any gotchas with the European firmware over international/asia?

I have loosely gathered the bricking was due to a bad update a few firmwares ago that was causing the hardbricks, if one avoids .134/.137 will they be ok? From a previous thread .145 xloader seems ok. To avoid this would going from my firmware to C432 .145 be wise? What would be the safest recommendation knowing that C34 has gimped firmware on .132- we have may security update but no face unlock, google assistant wakeup etc etc that other firmwares came with.

Then theres the "how do i actually do this" as rebranding has been taken out of HWOTA8.

Hoping @Pretoriano80 can drop by and share is wealth of knowledge and maybe we can get a thread that has all this info in one place lol

Your current C34 firmware was received via OTA? If so, then you should be safe to rebrand from B132 C34 to B145 C432.

Edit: It looks like you are completely stock, so the rebrand should work just fine.
15th June 2018, 03:35 PM |#4  
Flag Delft
Thanks Meter: 120

More
Quote:

From what i can see on Firmware Finder .145 has been released to C432 but not C636, i was under the impression that C636 was getting updates the fastest but doesn't appear to be the case here.

Just a quick bit about the build numebers, they are different for every region.

The C432 got the face unlock feature on B142 and handheld night cam together with the June patch on B145.

While the C635 just got both features and the June patch with an update with the build numeber B133.

What makes sense, each variant has its own branch in de build system.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)