FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Widgets stop updating

194 posts
Thanks Meter: 41

By hwoarang626, Senior Member on 11th November 2017, 05:06 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Please help ... My widgets stop updating after deep sleep {if my phone screen is of for about an hour}

I have added the widget app in ignore battery optimization and enabled auto start and run in background in battery optimization .. still the widget stops updating ..

Any help is appreciated
The Following User Says Thank You to hwoarang626 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hwoarang626 Ad-Free
11th November 2017, 06:08 PM |#2  
there is a reason the battery is so good. the phone is basically shutting down when idle. You need to go in tot the settings and exclude the app/widget from the battery optimisations.
12th November 2017, 07:29 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
as i stated before , i did remove it from the battery optimizations but still the widget stops working after sometime
12th November 2017, 01:32 PM |#4  
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwatson

there is a reason the battery is so good. the phone is basically shutting down when idle. You need to go in tot the settings and exclude the app/widget from the battery optimisations.

Sorry, there must be an associated process that is sleeping. Have you tired removing all battery optimization for a while just to check? Might be worth emailing the Dev. They may know what is happening.
13th November 2017, 07:15 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
ill try that ,,, thanks for the idea , ill report back .
13th November 2017, 09:58 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
i disabled all battery optimizations , still the widget stops updating after some time , the strange thing is that the widget has manual refresh button , but after some time that button also disappears check the picture below
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20171113_135448.png
Views:	2524
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	4331100   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2017-11-13-13-53-14.png
Views:	2472
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	4331101  
13th November 2017, 11:44 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 737

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwoarang626

i disabled all battery optimizations , still the widget stops updating after some time , the strange thing is that the widget has manual refresh button , but after some time that button also disappears check the picture below

I tried that app for myself. Doesn't update automatically for me as well. However other widgets that auto updates frequently works fine. So it should be a fix to be done by the app developer for this specific app.
13th November 2017, 11:50 AM |#8  
Flag Dorset, UK
Thanks Meter: 135

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwoarang626

Please help ... My widgets stop updating after deep sleep {if my phone screen is of for about an hour}

I have added the widget app in ignore battery optimization and enabled auto start and run in background in battery optimization .. still the widget stops updating ..

Any help is appreciated

What firmware are you running on the phone?
13th November 2017, 12:53 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
The latest from huawei 8.0.0.115

I have another problem .. some times when i switch on the screen everything changes to very small even the navigation bar icons .. its like the resolution changes and everything will be small .. ill.post a screenshot when it happens again .. a workaroung i go to screen resolution and change from hd to fhd then back to hd and the icons and text comes back to normal size
13th November 2017, 03:46 PM |#10  
Flag Minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 44

More
I have the widget problem as well (on .115, C636). I'll report back if I find a solution.
15th November 2017, 09:27 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I also have the widget problem on my ALP-L29 ".115 (c636)" and it's really bugging me!
Whichever phone I use, I set up the BBC News and BBC Sport pages as two full screen widgets to the left of my home screen. They're great apps/widgets which means everything I need to know is one or two swipes away.
After sleep, neither will refresh anymore. The sport widget actually has a manual refresh button but now the icon is just constantly spinning as if it's trying to constantly refresh.
Any help at all would be much appreciated.
These widgets were fine on my Mate 9.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)