FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Double tap on Mate 10 Pro

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By reutemann, Junior Member on 13th June 2018, 08:05 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi there,

I've found this easy tweak to enable double tap to wake on Huawei/Honor devices.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/mat...-wake-t3312676

I loved this feature on my old G4, as it was not needed to pick up the phone from a desk, etc. Unfortunately, it seems Huawei does not give a f...k and adds and removes it randomly from its products lineup depending on the weather I guess.

The above instructions are really simple on a ROOTED device. Would any candid soul that already has a rooted mate 10, try to see if the feature is at least available in the system file? (super simple to do with a root explorer). My phone is not rooted, as I'd not like to void the warranty in case I return it since I'm not fully happy so far with this and other Huawei SW neglicencies.

Cheers.

13th June 2018, 08:41 PM |#2  
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 1,057

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by reutemann

Hi there,

I've found this easy tweak to enable double tap to wake on Huawei/Honor devices.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/mat...-wake-t3312676

I loved this feature on my old G4, as it was not needed to pick up the phone from a desk, etc. Unfortunately, it seems Huawei does not give a f...k and adds and removes it randomly from its products lineup depending on the weather I guess.

The above instructions are really simple on a ROOTED device. Would any candid soul that already has a rooted mate 10, try to see if the feature is at least available in the system file? (super simple to do with a root explorer). My phone is not rooted, as I'd not like to void the warranty in case I return it since I'm not fully happy so far with this and other Huawei SW neglicencies.

Cheers.

It's not working.

You can get the setting to show up but it can't be enabled/stay enabled
13th June 2018, 08:47 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ante0

It's not working.

You can get the setting to show up but it can't be enabled/stay enabled

You mean, the option shows up in the accessibility menu, but not possible to activate right?. Shame on Huawei.
WHICH FIRMWARE ARE YOU ON?. I'm on 142 on a EU hardware.

BTW, any other reliable 3rd party up or alternative to wake up the phone without picking it up or using the power button?
13th June 2018, 09:59 PM |#4  
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 1,057

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

You mean, the option shows up in the accessibility menu, but not possible to activate right?. Shame on Huawei.

BTW, any other reliable 3rd party up or alternative to wake up the phone without picking it up or using the power button?

I'm on B145.
They include a lot of "features" for other Huawei phones, as they seem to use the same sources when they build. Many are non-functioning though.

Face unlock with pick-up to turn on screen works fine. Or just fp reader on the back :P
But it still requires lifting the phone or putting your finger on the back.
The Following User Says Thank You to ante0 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ante0 Ad-Free
13th June 2018, 10:04 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ante0

I'm on B145.
They include a lot of "features" for other Huawei phones, as they seem to use the same sources when they build. Many are non-functioning though.

Face unlock with pick-up to turn on screen works fine. Or just fp reader on the back :P
But it still requires lifting the phone or putting your finger on the back.

Right. What a waste of such a great HW with such a poor software, lack of basic premium (?) features on a high end device.

Thanks anyway mate!
14th June 2018, 06:21 AM |#6  
Flag Dehradun
Thanks Meter: 109

More
Quote:

Am sure you are aware kernel must support double tap to wake in order for this switch to work, if u guys have a kernel that supports this... It will work else no way on earth that's happening
14th June 2018, 07:12 AM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
BTW, tried a few of those 3rd party apps where I managed to wake the phone up via the IR sensor from the AOD screen. But, this only works for a minute or so, if the AOD is on for longer, IR cannot wake it up.

Looks as if the app is put in a deep state or the sensor not accessible by it once the phone enters a deeper stand by (?).

All power saving crap option disabled. Wrote the developer but no response.

You guys, since you rooted it, would you know if the issue is still present when you freeze power genius via Titanium perhaps?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)