FORUMS

[GUIDE] [EMUI 9] Magisk Root MATE 10 (Pro) [ALP/BLA]

140 posts
Thanks Meter: 93

By Athanatos81, Senior Member on 6th January 2019, 11:09 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Because of a defect, my phone is no longer rooted/unlocked. Unfortunately Huawei substituted it with a new one, instead of repairing my old phone.
So my bootloader is locked, there actually is no possibility to unlock and I don't know, if I would pay for it again, because even with root the possibilities with Huawei's restrictive policy are limited...
So I won't patch any files anymore, but if you'll provide your patched/unpatched files, I will update this thread furthermore.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EMUI 9
You may not have root, if you don't (re)start as if you wanted to start recovery mode: [Vol+]+[Power]

All provided files are for customisation C432 - I don't think, there is any difference to other customisations, but I don't know exactly and don't warrant it.

EMUI 9.1
Important Note for EMUI 9.1: Actually the phone can't boot to recovery by holding [Volume +], so you have to do it in adb-mode:
Code:
adb reboot recovery
If not, you won't have root, even with patched recovery_ramdisk.

Issues:
  • The feature to charge the powered off phone will be broken - as soon as you connect USB, the phone will boot up.
  • You won't have any working recovery. If you need your original recovery back, reflash unpatched recovery_ramdisk.img with fastboot in the same way.

Requirements / Downloads
I. Rooting your device
1. Unzip Minimal ADB & Fastboot to any folder of your PC
2. Download the patched file for your device and copy it to Minimal ADB & Fastboot folder. [If you don't want/can use my provided files, go now to step II.1. to patch your own file and root with it]
3. Start your smartphone in fastboot mode pressing [Vol-]+[Power] and connect it to your PC.
4. Open a Powershell window in your Minimal ADB & Fastboot folder by [Shift]+[Rightclick].
5. Flash the Recovery_Ramdisk:
Code:
fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk name_of_your_patched_file.img
(You must adapt the file name to the real name of your file, e.g. RECOVERY_RAMDISK_PATCHED_BLA_EMUI_9.0.0.161.img)
6. Reboot with this command "fastboot reboot recovery" or shutdown and press [Vol+]+[Power].
7. Download Magisk Manager (latest stable build) and install.
---If you used my provided file, now you are ready and rooted.---

II. How to get the fitting recovery_ramdisk for your own OS version
1. Download Huawei Firmware Finder, search for your device and download your desired firmware version.
2. Extract update.app from downloaded update.zip.
3. Download Huawei Update Extractor, start this tool, go to "Settings" and uncheck "Verify header checksum".
4. Go to "Extract" and open your update.app.
5. Extract RECOVERY_RAMDIS.img (Yes, there is no "k" at the end), rename it, if you want to, and then transfer it to your phone, if you want to patch it (instructions see above).

III. Install Magisk Manager and patching files by yourself / root with your own file
1. Download Magisk Manager (latest stable build) and install.
2. Check "force encryption" and "AVB 2.0" boxes.

To patch yourself recovery_ramdisk and root with your own file:
3.a) Patch your *.img, that you have copied in any folder to your smartphone by pressing "Install" --> "Install" --> "Patch boot image" in Magisk Manager.
4 Transfer the patched file (You will find it in your download folder of your smartphone. It will be called "patched_boot.img".) to your PC, start Smartphone in fastboot mode and flash:
Code:
fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk name_of_your_patched_file.img
(You must adapt the file name to the real name of your file, e.g. patched_boot.img)
To actualize Magisk:
3.b) Choose in Magisk Manager: "Install" --> "Install" --> "Direct Install (Recommended)" --> Restart

Download options for some unpatched/patched files

ALP 9.0.0.159 (C432) unpatched / patched
ALP 9.0.0.194 (C636) unpatched / patched
ALP 9.0.0.195 (C636) unpatched / patched
ALP 9.0.0.213 (universal cust) unpatched / patched
ALP 9.0.0.217 (C636) unpatched / patched
ALP 9.0.0.228 (C636) unpatched / patched
BLA 9.0.0.161 (C432) unpatched / patched
BLA 9.0.0.179 (C432) unpatched / patched
BLA 9.0.0.197 (C432) unpatched / patched
BLA 9.0.0.206 (C432) unpatched / patched
BLA 9.0.0.211 (universal cust) unpatched / patched
BLA 9.0.0.215 (universal cust) unpatched / patched
BLA 9.0.0.223 (universal cust) unpatched / patched
BLA 9.0.0.224 (universal cust) unpatched / patched
BLA 9.0.0.226 (universal cust) unpatched / patched
BLA 9.0.0.231 (universal cust) unpatched / patched
BLA 9.0.0.233 (universal cust) unpatched / patched
BLA 9.0.0.238 (universal cust) unpatched / patched
BLA 9.0.0.243 (universal cust) unpatched / patched
BLA 9.0.0.246 (C432) unpatched / patched
BLA 9.0.0.259 (C636) unpatched / patched

Thanks to
@topjohnwu - magisk developer
@gmanrainy (Team MT) - Huawei Firmware Finder
@worstenbrood - Huawei Update Extractor
The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to Athanatos81 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Athanatos81 Ad-Free
6th January 2019, 11:53 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
probably stupid question, but the device must be with boot loader unlocked right??

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk
6th January 2019, 11:55 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Frankfurt

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by optiplex2012

probably stupid question, but the device must be with boot loader unlocked right??

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

Yes, this is mandatory to flash imgs by fastboot.

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app
The Following User Says Thank You to Athanatos81 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Athanatos81 Ad-Free
6th January 2019, 12:54 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
is that a official twrp recovery for mate 10series?
for me , really want to go back to emui8.0 ..and flash treble Roms

---------- Post added at 01:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 PM ----------

anyway thx
6th January 2019, 01:20 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Frankfurt

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigzhong

is that a official twrp recovery for mate 10series?
for me , really want to go back to emui8.0 ..and flash treble Roms

---------- Post added at 01:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 PM ----------

anyway thx

There is no TWRP recovery, that is compatible with EMUI 9. This solution isn't based on TWRP...

To downgrade to EMUI 8, look there or there.
6th January 2019, 04:15 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Hello
Here is a clear and precise procedure good work a big thank you.
6th January 2019, 05:47 PM |#7  

More
Even if I restart my phone normally I do not lose root in any case for me his walk.
The Following User Says Thank You to dany67310 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dany67310 Ad-Free
6th January 2019, 06:01 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Frankfurt

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dany67310

Even if I restart my phone normally I do not lose root in any case for me his walk.

Yes, you're right. I tested it too. I think, this was valid for topjohnwu's first canary build, that was able to root EMUI 9.
I will remove my warnings from opener.
6th January 2019, 06:31 PM |#9  

More
What does not work for me is fx explorer I did not pass link2sd to freeze apps because impossible with fx explore otherwise all work like a charm.
6th January 2019, 08:01 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Frankfurt

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dany67310

What does not work for me is fx explorer I did not pass link2sd to freeze apps because impossible with fx explore otherwise all work like a charm.

I think, this is rather an EMUI 9 or Android 9 issue with that app than a Magisk issue.
6th January 2019, 09:26 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
This is the address
This is the address that needs to be added to the magisk

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/to...s/release.json
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)