Warning : Unlocking bootloader and rooting your phone come with a risk of bricked devices, bootlooping, loss of data, etc. I am not responsible for any harm that can happen during the process , ALWAYS MAKE BACKUP FIRST - use Huawei Backup App to backup your data to MicroSD, or get HiSuite ready to reflash your phone in case of brick situation happen
1. "Enable OEM unlock" & "USB Debugging" option turned on from developer options
2. ADB & Fastboot installed on your WINDOWS 7 (YES, Win 10 has problem with Mate 10 Fastboot driver. except you know how to properly install the driver manually i would suggest you do this on Windows 7) - if you havent, search "Minimal ADB & fastboot" on XDA.
UPDATE : Windows 10 driver fix can be found HERE
3. Download FunkyHuawei Tool from : HERE - ALL CREDIT GOES TO FUNKYHUAWEI for PROVIDING THE TOOL
4. Valid Huawei Account logged in on your Mate 10
1. Go to : emui.huawei.com/en/plugin/unlock/index
2. Log in using your Huawei Account, make one if you dont have it yet
3. "Agree" to Huawei unlocking agreement presented
4. Input all neccessary values related to your device (the one you want to unlock) - IMEI, Model Number etc
5. Click "Commit"
6. You will get a pop up dialog, containing your unlock KEY. Save this key or screenshot the screen, you gonna need it to unlock your phone
7. Now, plug your phone to your PC. Assumed that you got USB debugging enabled, pop up will appear on your phone screen, asking whether you want to allow the PC to access your phone or not. Authorize the request
8. Fire up ADB on your CMD/Terminal. and type
10. Now type
adb reboot bootloader
11. Once the phone is booted up to the fastboot mode screen, type this in your CMD windows :
fastboot oem unlock [your UNLOCK KEY here]
12. Confirmation dialog should appear on your phone screen, give you a warning about unlocking bootloader, just go with proceeding the process (YOU WILL LOSS YOUR USER DATA]
13. Once the unlocking process is finished, your phone will boot up to initial set up stage
14. Set up everything up until you can re-enable USB Debugging option in Developer Options (you can skip all account stuff, security and elses, you gonna do it again anyay after ROOTING)
15. Plug back your phone, and from your CMD Windows, retype this code :
adb reboot bootloader
1. Now launch "FHMate10Tool.exe" which you have downloaded from the prerequisites step
2. 5 Options will be presented, and the 1st is "Root your Mate 10"
3. Type "1" and hit ENTER
4. few more dialog and instructions will be given, and Rooting process will started
5. Once the process finished, your phone will booted back to initial set up screen with all USERDATA ERASED, but with SuperSU INSTALLED
CONGRATULATION, YOU HAVE ROOTED YOUR MATE 10
FOR MATE 10 LITE ONLY
Use same step to unlock bootloader.
Download TWRP from HERE and SuperSU from attached.
Place SuperSU to MicroSD and place TWRP img file to your directory in PC where fastboot and adb installed
Reboot to fastboot mode,
Execute this command :
fastboot boot twrp-mate10-lite.img
Go to Terminal in TWRP and type this :
echo "systemless = true" /data/.supersu
go back to TWRP main menu and choose "Install"
Choose external storage and choose the Supersu.zip file and flash it,
Your device should be rooted.
Note : this method wont install TWRP to your device. You can install it using fastboot flash recovery twrp-mate10-lite.img command, but since the TWRP is still in beta stage, i do not recommend it.
Credit to Aonja for Mate 10 Lite TWRP img