FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Project Treble / AOSP ROM

16 posts
Thanks Meter: 21

By MaxnSchnacksn, Junior Member on 15th December 2017, 02:16 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi,

just wanted you guys to know that phh's project treble AOSP build works on Huawei Mate 10 Pro (BLA29). Maybe some of you would also like to try it out.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/pro...reble-t3709659

pls try it at you own risk. I can only report that it's working on my device..

Thanks @phhusson
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to MaxnSchnacksn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MaxnSchnacksn Ad-Free

15th December 2017, 02:31 PM |#2  
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 137

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxnSchnacksn

Hi,

just wanted you guys to know that phh's project treble AOSP build works on Huawei Mate 10 Pro (BLA29). Maybe some of you would also like to try it out.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/pro...reble-t3709659

pls try it at you own risk. I can only report that it's working on my device..

Thanks @phhusson

Nice !!!
Can you give us a detailed feedback ???
The Following User Says Thank You to sonydesouza For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sonydesouza Ad-Free
15th December 2017, 02:56 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Well I'll try...

I don't really know what information you're out for the most.

The system runs without any major bugs yet, as long as you don't try to root it for example with the funkyhuawei method. I did as explained in phh's thread and flashed the "A only" system.img via fastboot. My former system was BLA-L29 8.0.0.127a(432). I attached some screenshots to prove that the system is running. The only bug I've noticed yet is a minor graphic glitch with Gboard's suggestions.

Please tell me what else you'd like me to tell you
I'm really new to development

About Phone
Status Bar
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MaxnSchnacksn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MaxnSchnacksn Ad-Free
15th December 2017, 03:07 PM |#4  
Flag Paris

More
Thanks a lot for your quick answer !
Is it smooth ? Battery friendly ?
15th December 2017, 03:12 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonydesouza

Thanks a lot for your quick answer !
Is it smooth ? Battery friendly ?

you're welcome

it seems very smooth at first touch..
I will use it a while and then report about performance/battery stuff and whatever more i can find out
15th December 2017, 03:58 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 235

More
Thank you for the information
So the steps are:unlock the bootloader and then flash this AOSP system image via fastboot? Then if we want to restore back to stock emui?

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk
15th December 2017, 04:00 PM |#7  
Flag Paris

More
Quote:

you're welcome

it seems very smooth at first touch..
I will use it a while and then report about performance/battery stuff and whatever more i can find out

Ok perfect, will wait your feedback

Cheers !
15th December 2017, 07:37 PM |#8  
Flag Tucson
Thanks Meter: 163

Donate to Me
More
Substratum
Quote:

Well I'll try...

I don't really know what information you're out for the most.

The system runs without any major bugs yet, as long as you don't try to root it for example with the funkyhuawei method. I did as explained in phh's thread and flashed the "A only" system.img via fastboot. My former system was BLA-L29 8.0.0.127a(432). I attached some screenshots to prove that the system is running. The only bug I've noticed yet is a minor graphic glitch with Gboard's suggestions.

Please tell me what else you'd like me to tell you
I'm really new to development

About Phone

Status Bar

I noticed from your pictures that substratum is running, how is that working out?
15th December 2017, 08:16 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Hey,

Is everything working bugfree, dual camera , fingerprint, etc ?
16th December 2017, 12:18 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 235

More
Don't try it because:
You can't change the level of the brightness, so then you want to go back to stock with erecovery right?
When i was trying to "download the new version and recovery" it always threw this error : huawei erecovery getting package info failed.
So because of my 2 days knowledge with Huawei device i scared and i bought with 50 euros the unbrick package from FunkyHuawei.
If i am wrong somewhere with erecovery please correct me.

Dunno but i'm seeing random guys with new accounts just to say that the AOSP rom works but they don't post bugs and the display bug that you can't change the brightness is serious and it's the first bug that you see for sure.
I don't know,something stinks here.
The Following User Says Thank You to micr0g For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift micr0g Ad-Free
19th December 2017, 09:43 AM |#11  
OP Junior Member

More
Substratum works out fine with Andromeda... I was finally able to center the clock. That point made me crazy about EMUI. Fingerprint and camera (all 3) are working flawless. The picture quality is same as good as Stock. Maybe I can post some pics here later the day. Bluetooth is working as well...

I'm sorry for any errors that appeared on other peoples devices I didn't experience any of them. This ROM is my daily driver now and I'm very happy with it. It's very smooth and RAM usage is much lower than EMUI, not to mention that there is about a hundred times less bloatware
The Following User Says Thank You to MaxnSchnacksn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MaxnSchnacksn Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)