FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Root/Updates/Rebranding/Unbricking - Official FunkyHuawei Support Thread for Mate 10

2,185 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,476

By duraaraa, Senior Member on 8th November 2017, 05:27 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
This is the official FunkyHuawei support thread.
FunkyHuawei is a (mostly) paid service which allows you to do the following:

1. Install the latest system software, even before it's released by OTA.
2. Install beta/prerelease system software, without needing to be a beta tester.
3. Recover a bricked phone.
4. Rebranding / Change the region of your phone (China -> Europe, for example, to get Google and so on.)
5. Enabling dual-sim features on single-sim phones.
6. Root your EMUI 8 phone, even with stock recovery (This feature is free)

You do not need to unlock your bootloader, or void your warranty to use the service. (except the free rooting feature)

To find FunkyHuawei, please Google it. Or you can find a link to the service as well as our rebranding tool within the following XDA Portal article.
https://www.xda-developers.com/exclu...-pro-firmware/

We are pleased to announce FHUnbrickFlashTool -- You can now repair any recent Huawei phone via fastboot, even if you cannot access eRecovery or boot the phone! Even if it doesn't show the Huawei logo, as long as you can get a fastboot connection to your computer, you can recover the phone! Google FHUnbrickFlashTool or check FunkyHuawei's reddit for details.

In cooperation with XDA, FunkyHuawei is offering a free credit to Recognized Developers and Recognized Contributers on XDA.
Please PM me for more details.

We will continue posting in this thread with updates regarding new software versions and releases regarding this device.
We will also be monitoring it so we can help anyone who has issues.

FunkyHuawei, due to popular request, is now offering an unlimited pass. You can break your phone all you want, and turn to FunkyHuawei to unbrick it however many times you need to. You can also install all the latest updates, beta versions, and so on, without worrying about spending credits. You can check out more details on FH's reddit or homepage.

For device-specific information, please see the next post.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to duraaraa For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift duraaraa Ad-Free

8th November 2017, 05:27 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag 東京☆Улаанбаатар☆Los Angeles

Donate to Me
More
Mate 10/Mate 10 Pro Device-Specific Information

WARNING: Huawei has considerably improved the security of the Mate 10 compared to previous models.
This means that it is extremely easy to brick the phone if you don't know what you are doing.
FunkyHuawei tools are safe and will not brick your phone, but if you do end up bricking your phone by trying other methods, you can contact FunkyHuawei for help.

All FunkyHuawei features are currently working on the Mate 10, including installing software, recovering bricks, and rebranding.

FunkyHuawei is also offering a new, free feature to root your phone, but rooting will cause the following issue:
-You will lose your data partition, including any carrier/vendor customizations-

To root and rebrand a phone with an unlocked bootloader, please google for the "FunkyHuawei Mate 10 Root/Rebranding Tool"
To rebrand a phone with a locked bootloader, please google for the "FunkyHuawei Rebrand Tool"

With these tools, a full rebrand is possible. You can get OTA updates, and the phone will function entirely like a phone from its new region.
Old methdos do not work with the Mate 10, so you will need to use one of those tools.

To install a firmware update which matches the branding of your phone, you can use the eRecovery method posted in the instructions section of the FunkyHuawei page.
However, when installing a firmware update the first time after using a rebranding tool, you must use a specific version of HiSuite. Please see the instructions included with the tool for more information.

Recommended Branding: ALP-L29 C636 hw/spcseas
We see the most frequent firmware updates for this model, so we recommend everyone rebrand to it for fastest updates.

NOTE: If you want to rebrand a Single-Sim device to Dual-Sim, you MUST use the "FunkyHuawei Rebrand Tool" with a locked bootloader. If you use the Mate 10 tool you can rebrand, but you will not gain dual sim functionality.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to duraaraa For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift duraaraa Ad-Free
8th November 2017, 05:27 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Frequently Asked Questions

Q: How much does FunkyHuawei cost?
A: You need to buy credits on the FunkyHuawei website. The price per credit varies depending on the number of credits you buy. Different operations cost different amounts of credits. However, the Root feature of the Mate 10 tool is free, and as mentioned above, Recognized Developers/Contributors of XDA can ask for a free credit.

Q: My phone is bootloader locked, and FRP locked. My bootloader unlock code dosen't work. It won't boot. eRecovery doesn't work. Can you help?
A: Yes. With the Mate 10 this is now a common situation. Contact FunkyHuawei for help in this situation. We'll need to access your computer remotely and the procedure is a little bit complicated, but the phone can be unbricked.

Q: I can't get my bootloader unlock code/don't want to unlock my bootloader, but I want to change my phone to something other than Chinese. Can you help?
A: Yes. Our new FunkyHuawei Rebrand Tool works on ALL recent Huawei phones, to rebrand them to another region even when the bootloader is locked.

Q: I'm not seeing the latest version listed on FunkyHuawei or elsewhere as an OTA. Why not?
A: Huawei has a very odd and unpredictable way of rolling out OTA updates. You can use FunkyHuawei to install the new version immediately, or can wait for the update to be rolled out. It might be a month or more after release until the update reaches your device from Huawei directly. We have no idea why.

Q: Why isn't FunkyHuawei free?
A: Because many of FunkyHuawei's features cost FunkyHuawei money to provide. Features that don't cost FunkyHuawei money to provide, like rooting the Mate 10 or our TWRP build for Mate 9/Oreo, for example, are generally made available for free. There are also bills to pay, kids to put through school, and so on.

Q: I noticed FunkyHuawei in an XDA Portal article!
A: FunkyHuawei loves XDA, and is cooperating with them as much as possible. Recognized Developers and Contributors on the XDA forums are welcome to claim a free credit from FunkyHuawei as well.

Q: I have a different question.
A: This is what this thread is for! Post away!
8th November 2017, 05:38 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 4,418

More
How many percentage xda took to let you put ur tool here lol
Anyway welcome again.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gm007 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gm007 Ad-Free
8th November 2017, 08:19 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
As of today, ALP-L29 8.0.0.119 (C636) / ALP-L29C636B119 is now available. Huawei is developing MANY updates for the Mate 10 recently.
8th November 2017, 12:59 PM |#6  
Flag Minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by duraaraa

As of today, ALP-L29 8.0.0.119 (C636) / ALP-L29C636B119 is now available. Huawei is developing MANY updates for the Mate 10 recently.

Any way to flash these updates (when you have already rooted using the tool), and not lose root?
8th November 2017, 01:01 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTEChump

Any way to flash these updates (when you have already rooted using the tool), and not lose root?

Unfortunately, no. You will lose root if you flash the updates, and will need to root again afterwards, each time, if you want root.

Take note that the Mate 10 is extremely easy to brick if you touch the wrong things, so be careful with what you do as root!
8th November 2017, 02:02 PM |#8  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 371

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by duraaraa

What is the changelog?
8th November 2017, 02:09 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tboy2000

What is the changelog?

The changelog is unfortunately very generic. Maybe upon public rollout Huawei will update it.
Quote:

Dear User, This update will improve your device's performance and stability to bring you a better user experience. You are recommended to install it. [Update tips] 1. Make sure your phone has not been rooted before updating. If you experience any issues during the update, please visit the Huawei Support website or contact your local service center for assistance. 2. This update will not erase your personal data.

8th November 2017, 03:46 PM |#10  
Flag hong kong
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Please help.My China version mate 10 cannot be recognized in fastboot.I can't do anything.
8th November 2017, 04:34 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cecc500

Please help.My China version mate 10 cannot be recognized in fastboot.I can't do anything.

Try Windows 7. Some people report driver issues with Windows 10. For others Windows 10 works fine. I have no idea about that.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)