FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Root/Updates/Rebranding/Unbricking - Official FunkyHuawei Support Thread for Mate 10

2,556 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,708

By duraaraa, Senior Member on 8th November 2017, 05:27 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
16th November 2017, 02:06 PM |#81  
OP Senior Member
Flag 東京☆Улаанбаатар☆Los Angeles

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by qw_zzz

i cant seems to find the required thread for these things, can anyone just point me the directions? It seems to me that only FH can unlock bootloader & stuff, whats wrong posting here?

You need to find the "FunkyHuawei Mate 10 Root/Rebranding Tool"

Linking to it on XDA is gray-area, so you'll need to google.

Unless you *REALLY* need to root it for some reason I advise against it -- these phones are very easy to brick, and not easy to repair.

Also, there is no TWRP.

16th November 2017, 02:54 PM |#82  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by duraaraa

You can do the rebranding procedure from FunkyHuawei yourself, again, and it should fix it.

But then do I have to pay the fee for rebranding (around 7 credits)? Because it is already L29, while I just want to get rid of the root.
16th November 2017, 02:58 PM |#83  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by furiseto

But then do I have to pay the fee for rebranding (around 7 credits)? Because it is already L29, while I just want to get rid of the root.

Depends on if they rebranded it properly or not. You might just need to flash the firmware using eRecovery, but you might need to rebrand it again. I don't know the exact state your phone is in, so I can't be sure.
16th November 2017, 03:29 PM |#84  

More
Quote:

Depends on if they rebranded it properly or not. You might just need to flash the firmware using eRecovery, but you might need to rebrand it again. I don't know the exact state your phone is in, so I can't be sure.

In the "About Phone", model is "ALP-L29", Build Number is "System 8.0.0.38(018L)"
When I factory reset, everything seems normal and no Chinese bloatwares. Everything is English. I just can't apply themes, I can't use Android Pay and other banking apps. But seem like I can play Pokemon Go.

If you don't mind, can you give me a little guidance to flash firmware using eRecovery? Should I find link to download firmware L29 8.0.0.38(018L)?
16th November 2017, 03:50 PM |#85  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by furiseto

In the "About Phone", model is "ALP-L29", Build Number is "System 8.0.0.38(018L)"
When I factory reset, everything seems normal and no Chinese bloatwares. Everything is English. I just can't apply themes, I can't use Android Pay and other banking apps. But seem like I can play Pokemon Go.

If you don't mind, can you give me a little guidance to flash firmware using eRecovery? Should I find link to download firmware L29 8.0.0.38(018L)?

It seems like the Chinese company didn't completely do the rebrand.
Check the instructions on the FunkyHuawei site. I suggest you try installing B119 and see how it goes. Might need to install twice. Might need to use HiSuite.
16th November 2017, 04:35 PM |#86  

More
Quote:

It seems like the Chinese company didn't completely do the rebrand.
Check the instructions on the FunkyHuawei site. I suggest you try installing B119 and see how it goes. Might need to install twice. Might need to use HiSuite.

Seem like flashing firmware one time requires 1 credit, and in order to get that I have to buy a batch of 5 credits and it doesn't guarantee that I could fix it with reflash firmware. After spending a lot for this phone I need to save money so guess I'll just live with this faulty product. So much for my first huawei phone ever

Still thanks for your time.
17th November 2017, 02:35 AM |#87  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
hello I found this instruction from official funkeyhuawei site.

1. So basically, IF I only want to ROOT my phone, I would only follow the instruction up to 4 (option 1 to root). is this correct?

2. usually with root procedures we have to flash TWRP and Supersu app. I assume this tool = twrp. what about supersu app?

3. Can you provide with video / tube recording of the process of using funkeyhuawei?
--------------------
FunkyHuawei Mate 10 / Mate 10 Pro Rebranding Instructions
https://funkyhuawei.club

--------------------
Prerequisites:
--------------------

1. This version of HiSuite: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4...E1xZkNGelFtbmM

2. FunkyHuawei Mate 10 Tool: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4...m9vLUNiYXlaM1U

3. The bootloader code for your device.

4. Be logged into a FunkyHuawei account with least 2 FunkyHuawei credits.

5. A computer running Windows 7 (Apparently Windows 10 has driver issues with Mate 10)

6. Fastboot and ADB working with your phone.

7. The ability to follow instructions and a little bit of courage: It's a new phone!

--------------------
Steps:
--------------------

1. Uninstall any versions of HiSuite previously installed, and install the one linked to in Prerequisites section.

2. Unzip the FunkyHuawei Mate 10 Tool to your c:\ folder.
NOTE: If you use another folder, make sure there are no non-English characters in the full path.

3. Plug your phone into your computer and boot it while holding the volume down button to get into Fastboot mode.

4. Open FHMate10Tool.exe and choose Option 1 to root.
NOTE: If your bootloader is not unlocked, the tool will help you unlock it. You will need the code.
NOTE: If you unlock your phone using the tool, open it again and choose Option 1 again to root after unlocking.

5. Set up the phone without setting a passcode, without setting a fingerprint, without logging in, etc. Skip everything.

6. When the phone is set up, confirm that you have SuperSU App.

7. Go to Settings -> System -> About phone. Press on Build number until it says "You are now a developer!"

8. Go to Settings -> System -> Developer Options.

9. Turn on USB Debugging

10. If you have the option to turn on Enable OEM unlock, turn it on. If not, it's not a problem.

11. Run FHMate10Tool.exe and choose the option for the branding you want.
NOTE: For Mate 10 we recommend Asia/International.
NOTE: For Mate 10 Pro we recommend Europe

12. You will need to wait about 1-2 minutes for the process to complete. Once it completes successfuly...

13. Go to Settings -> System -> Reset and choose Factory data reset.

14. Make sure Erase internal storage is checked, and choose RESET PHONE, and RESET PHONE again.

15. When your phone boots back up, follow steps 7 - 10 again.

16. Set your DNS to 213.202.238.238 as described in the instructions here:
https://funkyhuawei.club/instructions

17. Go to https://funkyhuawei.club and select the latest firmware for your device.
NOTE: Mate 10 Asia/International is ALP-L29C636
NOTE: Mate 10 Europe is ALP-L09C432
NOTE: Mate 10 Chinese is ALP-AL00C00
NOTE: Mate 10 Pro European is BLA-L29C432

18. Open HiSuite, and connect HiSuite to your phone. Choose to do an update, and make sure the version shows as FunkyHuawei.

19. Install the update with HiSuite. Installation will fail on the phone around 50%. This is normal.

20. Now, follow the eRecovery procedure described at the link below, to install the firmware once more.
https://funkyhuawei.club/instructions

21. Do a factory data reset. Congratulations! You're done!
-------------------------------------------
17th November 2017, 05:13 AM |#88  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oelapoel

hello I found this instruction from official funkeyhuawei site.

1. So basically, IF I only want to ROOT my phone, I would only follow the instruction up to 4 (option 1 to root). is this correct?

2. usually with root procedures we have to flash TWRP and Supersu app. I assume this tool = twrp. what about supersu app?

3. Can you provide with video / tube recording of the process of using funkeyhuawei?
-------------------------------------------

1. Yes, you can follow it to step 4.
There is no TWRP for Mate 10. This will just add SuperSU to your phone.
There is a possibility of issues and bugs which can't be solved for free if you root the phone so please be careful and do it at your own risk.

2. SuperSU will be installed on your device.

3. Not right now. Maybe some other time.
17th November 2017, 03:51 PM |#89  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Wondering if anyone has been able to come up with a foolproof way to connect mate 10 in fastboot to Windows 10. I'm receiving a lot of reports of problems with Windows 10, and I know a few people in this thread were able to get it working. @lawtq @N79 or others who got it going with Windows 10 -- any input would be appreciated so others looking to unlock their bootloader or use fastboot can do it.
17th November 2017, 04:44 PM |#90  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:

Wondering if anyone has been able to come up with a foolproof way to connect mate 10 in fastboot to Windows 10. I'm receiving a lot of reports of problems with Windows 10, and I know a few people in this thread were able to get it working. @lawtq @N79 or others who got it going with Windows 10 -- any input would be appreciated so others looking to unlock their bootloader or use fastboot can do it.

As I told you in my PN duraaraa, they need to disable the driver signature check on Windows 10 otherwise it won't install the driver because it recognizes it as an old driver. In Windows 7 this ain't happening because Win7 is older. That's my only explanation.
17th November 2017, 04:45 PM |#91  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by N79

As I told you in my PN duraaraa, they need to disable the driver signature check on Windows 10 otherwise it won't install the driver because it recognizes it as an old driver. In Windows 7 this ain't happening because Win7 is older. That's my only explanation.

Thanks for the clarification!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)