FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

HwOTA for Huawei Mate10 Lite

54 posts
Thanks Meter: 72

By vovan1982, Member on 13th April 2018, 11:18 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
HwOTA 7+8 for Huawei Mate 10 Lite

1. On the phone, make a backup of all data (since during the upgrade all data will be erased). This is an obligatory condition.
2. Unlock your bootloader: (There´s no way around it (unfortnuately), but after the procedure your device will be locked again, so don´t worry!). The device will make a factory reset, so once again, BACKUP your files!!!!!!!!!!
3. Enable ‘USB debugging’ and ‘OEM Unlock’ option from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
4. You must download three zip-archives with a full "Full OTA" firmware on which you want to flash (If you look through in the FF (FirmwareFinder), you see there are 4 archives for China and 3 for other locations. You must to download for the version what model and location you will have after the firmware);
5. Add the downloaded files to the folder "HWOTA\Update" and run the .cmd file, it will rename them automatically according to the template:
- update_data_full_public.zip to update_data_public.zip
- update_full_....zip to update_all_hw.zip
- update.zip don't rename
6. After run the universal batch file update.bat in the "HWOTA" folder, which will provide an opportunity to choose the required work option (change firmware/rebranding (change location)). FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS ON THE SCREEN OF THE MONITOR - the entire process is accompanied by prompts.
At the end of the process, everything should work fine... Be prepared, the bootloader will be locked after changing the location or firmware as a FullOTA.
7. If suddenly it turned out "bootloop" - go into the stock Recovery and make wipe.

PS: To change the firmware using the SD card, you need to create a folder "HWOTA" on the SD card and copy three firmware archives with the changed names (see above). In the batch file select item 1 "SDCard HWOTA directory"

HwOTA 7+8

Short video tutorial for upgrade of any version authorized or unauthorized in phone P10 Lite Thanks @Alexxxx1

HwOTA8 method for rollback from EMUI 8 to Emui 5 - Huawei P10 lite Thanks @Alexxxx1

If you like my work, you can thank TeamMT PayPal

PPS: Sorry for my English!!!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to vovan1982 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vovan1982 Ad-Free

13th April 2018, 06:38 PM |#2  
Flag toulouse
Thanks Meter: 326

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vovan1982

HwOTA for Huawei Mate 10 Lite

1. On the phone, make a backup of all data (since during the upgrade all data will be erased). This is an obligatory condition.
2. Unlock your bootloader: (There´s no way around it (unfortnuately), but after the procedure your device will be locked again, so don´t worry!). The device will make a factory reset, so once again, BACKUP your files!!!!!!!!!!
3. Enable ‘USB debugging’ and ‘OEM Unlock’ option from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
4. You must download three zip-archives with a full "Full OTA" firmware on which you want to flash (If you look through in the FF (FirmwareFinder), you see there are 4 archives for China and 3 for other locations. You must to download for the version what model and location you will have after the firmware);
5. Add the downloaded files to the folder "HWOTA\Update" and run the .cmd file, it will rename them automatically according to the template:
6. After run the universal batch file update.bat in the "HWOTA" folder, which will provide an opportunity to choose the required work option (change firmware/rebranding (change location)). FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS ON THE SCREEN OF THE MONITOR - the entire process is accompanied by prompts.
At the end of the process, everything should work fine... Be prepared, the bootloader will be locked after changing the location or firmware as a FullOTA.
7. If suddenly it turned out "bootloop" - go into the stock Recovery and make wipe.

PS: To change the firmware using the SD card, you need to create a folder "HWOTA" on the SD card and copy three firmware archives with the changed names (see above). In the batch file select item 1 "SDCard HWOTA directory"

HwOTA.zip

Hello
thank you, worked for me.
from rne-l21c432b133, i got to rne-c432b135, and the bootloader is locked.
thanks thanks.
13th April 2018, 11:08 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exodusnick

thank you works

For Oreo beta?
13th April 2018, 11:17 PM |#5  
Flag Neuenburg am Rhein
Thanks Meter: 790

Donate to Me
More
No to RNE-L21C432B135 Nougat
I haven't tested it for oreo beta I'm back to MORFUZ V 1.0
14th April 2018, 12:11 AM |#6  
Flag Milano
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Great looking, it works perfectly, I tried to install oreo but it does not work, it always returns to 7.0 and 5.1. At least I managed to redirect the cell. But for the oreo version I think I have to wait because I've tried many but no one works.
14th April 2018, 09:42 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
I used this on top of the MidgarD ROM I had, now I have a normal 4.5G AND a working face unlock. On Stock ROM, I didn't have the option for the face unlock, and when I installed Elemental ROM and later MidgarD ROM, it didn't work on both of those. This is interesting, isn't it? :P
I also didn't immediately lose my installed apps, by which I mean until I unlocked the bootloader again.

Bad news: Despite installing Magisk and enabling Magisk Hide after this, I fail the Safety Net check :P
14th April 2018, 10:45 AM |#8  
Flag Lahore
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thanks man its working fine, my Mate 10 Lite was soft bricked or wont get proper hardware and face unlock, now it works
in start it was problematic for me, wifi would not turn on, phone will periodically show storage full (there was no SD Card in it)
then I restarted 2/3 times, and poof.

Now not only phone is back but it has oreo
14th April 2018, 11:05 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hi!

I tried this, downloaded the rne-l21c432b135 FullOTA from Firmware Finder and followed the instructions.
However, when it boots after finishing then my phone has turned into NEO-L21 and I am not able to get back to RNE-L21 without replacing the software with an older backup. It says also the unit is rooted (Huawei ID says so when I should enter my fingerprint) even though I have formatted the unit.
What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: Sorry, I had used the wrong file (there is one for the RNE-L01 and one for the RNE-L21) and that made all the difference, I am not back to stock!

Thank you so much for the help!
19th April 2018, 04:38 AM |#10  
Hi,

Works for RNE-L01C432B135 perfect. I updated without any problem.
But because I don't want to stay with locked bootloader, I made all rooting procedure from the beginning.
That was easy too, because I have backups of every single details (important datas from internal storage, messages, programs and of course /data/hw_init folder, SuperSU-decyrpt)
Thanks again
19th April 2018, 07:37 AM |#11  
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 1,057

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vovan1982

HwOTA for Huawei Mate 10 Lite

HwOTA.zip

You should probably add credit to @mankindtw as this is his script
And switch places of step 2 and 3 :P
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)