2,099 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,978

Post Reply Email Thread
Hi,

Android Open Source Project 9.0 Pie for Huawei Mate 10 Lite

*** Beta Version ***

About
Code:
Android is an open source software stack created for a wide array of devices with different form factors. The primary purposes of Android are to create an open software platform available for carriers, OEMs, and developers to make their innovative ideas a reality and to introduce a successful, real-world product that improves the mobile experience for users.
Warning
Code:
* Your warranty is now void. * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
Working
Code:
* Boot * Touchscreen * Adb * Audio * Bluetooth * Camera * Internal/External storage * Sensors * Wifi * RIL * NFC * Almost everything
Not Working
Code:
* Hotspot Wifi maybe there are some minor issues !
Note: At first boot maybe you will get a bootloop to bootanimation but after it your device will boot up.

Installation
Code:
* you must also have this recovery version installed : TWRP(make sure you got latest version installed!) * go to TWRP and do format data and then a full wipe (system, data, cache, dalvik/art cache) ! * install AOSP rom * flash gapps and root (optional) * reboot to system * Enjoy !!!
Download
NOTE: These gapps are unofficial and are in beta stage so you can maybe face a lot of crases. It is recommended to install it after first boot and once installed you need to unistall Setup wizard because it will crash a lot !

Credits
@Askuccio_DROID
@flex1911
@phhusson
@haky 86 @Dil3mm4

Kernel GPL policy: We are not violating kernel gps policy because we are making a treble based rom, so it is just a system image. Kernel is the default one provided by Huawei in Emui 8.x

I don' t have the device for testing, if you want faster releases please contribute for buying it. Thanks
DONATIONS

Regards !

XDA:DevDB Information
Android Open Source Project, ROM for the Huawei Mate 10

Contributors
DarkJoker360
Source Code: https://github.com/DarkJoker360

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Emui 8.x unlocked bootloader
Based On: AOSP

Version Information
Current Beta Version: 9.0
Beta Release Date: 2018-08-26

Created 2018-08-26
Last Updated 2018-08-27
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DarkJoker360 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DarkJoker360 Ad-Free

26th August 2018, 09:06 PM |#2  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Aradeo
Thanks Meter: 1,978

Donate to Me
More
Reserved
27th August 2018, 02:33 PM |#3  
Flag Krosno
Thanks Meter: 13

More
So far so good! Camera works (quality is utter crap because of a lot of noise, but what should we expect from AOSP camera ), so Facebook, Messenger, Snapchat and all the other apps that need camera don't crash. Until Pixel Experience gets updated with the base of that AOSP, I'm probably going to use it as my daily driver, so I'll report any bugs if I see them persist. I'm going to reboot now and check if system storage is enough to install Gapps. Cheers!
Or... I can just install Lawnchair Launcher v2 for now and Pixel Icon pack :P
EDIT - checked system partition and it says that the size is 2015 MB and 708 MB is free. Much better than PE, but still needs some work... Stock EMUI has the size of 4431 MB while without system it's 4538 MB iirc. I doubt I can install full or stock Gapps which are the most interesting options for both ROMs as these ROMs are just bare without Gapps. Till memory issue gets fixed, I am forced to use Mini. Well... It keeps saying that the setup will begin shortly but it doesn't Fixed, simply had to check permissions for GPServices
28th August 2018, 07:37 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenUp9

So far so good! Camera works (quality is utter crap because of a lot of noise, but what should we expect from AOSP camera ), so Facebook, Messenger, Snapchat and all the other apps that need camera don't crash. Until Pixel Experience gets updated with the base of that AOSP, I'm probably going to use it as my daily driver, so I'll report any bugs if I see them persist. I'm going to reboot now and check if system storage is enough to install Gapps. Cheers!
Or... I can just install Lawnchair Launcher v2 for now and Pixel Icon pack :P
EDIT - checked system partition and it says that the size is 2015 MB and 708 MB is free. Much better than PE, but still needs some work... Stock EMUI has the size of 4431 MB while without system it's 4538 MB iirc. I doubt I can install full or stock Gapps which are the most interesting options for both ROMs as these ROMs are just bare without Gapps. Till memory issue gets fixed, I am forced to use Mini. Well... It keeps saying that the setup will begin shortly but it doesn't Fixed, simply had to check permissions for GPServices

You could send screenshots of the rom? Please
The Following User Says Thank You to connnor kenway For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift connnor kenway Ad-Free
28th August 2018, 11:47 AM |#5  
Flag Krosno

More
@connnor kenway, Of course Here are some screenshots, as you wish. They're mostly done after I backed up stuff, so the wallpaper isn't the same and there are a lot of apps installed already At first, there are only apps that provide basic functionality of the phone such as clock, camera, gallery, file manager, music, calc, dialer, messages etc. but there's no browser, only WebView Shell. If you need any other screenshots, just tell me, I'll attach
What's the most exciting for me is that Digital Wellbeing Magisk module works here so it's great Fingerprint scanner works seamlessly as well, better than on stock EMUI ROM And it boots faster too! It's visible for the first sight, but I also tested it vs other Mate 10 Lite with stock EMUI without root, with locked bootloader etc. and the difference was really noticeable, not miliseconds, but seconds. Over 5 seconds less, I suppose.
Also, for me, official Magisk 16.7 works too, so I guess it's not necessary to use ianmacd builds?

I have two things to ask tho. Front camera has native 9.7 Mpix 18:9 option, but the rear one does not (only 2.1 Mpix and 0.9 Mpix are available I believe). Is there possibility to include one? Also, will there be any kernel with possibility to change SELinux to permissive?

From bugs, there are a few I have noticed, but they're rather minor. I'll leave a list here:
- Wi-Fi HotSpot is not working [known]
- USB options are greyed out [known, I guess]
- while transfering big files through USB OTG, USB stick disconnects and reconnects after a second
- sometimes white line between navigation bar and black-themes apps (such as YT Vanced)
- sometimes camera randomly doesn't work after reboot
- Viper4FX always needs to reinstall driver (idk if ROM's issue, but had everything running well on other phones)
- Magisk Manager crashes when checking SafetyNet status got fixed, probably issue of Magisk Manager rather than OS itself
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180828-181351.jpg
Views:	2596
Size:	154.9 KB
ID:	4583110   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180828-121949.jpg
Views:	2648
Size:	236.7 KB
ID:	4583111   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180828-143557.jpg
Views:	2588
Size:	149.7 KB
ID:	4583114   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180828-143534.jpg
Views:	2508
Size:	104.9 KB
ID:	4583115   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180828-122303.jpg
Views:	2460
Size:	156.6 KB
ID:	4583116   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180828-122006.png
Views:	2430
Size:	150.7 KB
ID:	4583117   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180828-122050.png
Views:	2378
Size:	110.3 KB
ID:	4583118   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180828-122105.png
Views:	2316
Size:	110.6 KB
ID:	4583119   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180828-181411.png
Views:	2260
Size:	127.6 KB
ID:	4583121   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180828-183134.png
Views:	2198
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	4583123   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180828-124202.png
Views:	2128
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	4583124   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180828-124247.png
Views:	2038
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	4583126   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180828-122404.jpg
Views:	2044
Size:	119.2 KB
ID:	4583127   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180828-122337.png
Views:	2014
Size:	122.5 KB
ID:	4583128   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180828-124217.jpg
Views:	1908
Size:	168.9 KB
ID:	4583547   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180828-112219.png
Views:	1898
Size:	135.0 KB
ID:	4583548  
The Following User Says Thank You to SevenUp9 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SevenUp9 Ad-Free
29th August 2018, 01:03 AM |#6  

More
Quote:

@connnor kenway, Of course Here are some screenshots, as you wish. They're mostly done after I backed up stuff, so the wallpaper isn't the same and there are a lot of apps installed already At first, there are only apps that provide basic functionality of the phone such as clock, camera, gallery, file manager, music, calc, dialer, messages etc. but there's no browser, only WebView Shell. If you need any other screenshots, just tell me, I'll attach
What's the most exciting for me is that Digital Wellbeing Magisk module works here so it's great Fingerprint scanner works seamlessly as well, better than on stock EMUI ROM And it boots faster too! It's visible for the first sight, but I also tested it vs other Mate 10 Lite with stock EMUI without root, with locked bootloader etc. and the difference was really noticeable, not miliseconds, but seconds. Over 5 seconds less, I suppose.
Also, for me, official Magisk 16.7 works too, so I guess it's not necessary to use ianmacd builds?

I have one thing to ask tho. Front camera has native 9.7 Mpix 18:9 option, but rear does not (only 2.1 Mpix and 0.9 Mpix I believe). Is there possibility to include one?

From bugs, there are a few I have noticed, but they're rather minor. I'll leave a list here:
- Wi-Fi HotSpot is not working [known]
- USB options are greyed out [known, I guess]
- while transfering big files through USB OTG, USB stick disconnects and reconnects after a second
- sometimes white line between navigation bar and black-themes apps (such as YT Vanced)
- sometimes camera randomly doesn't work after reboot
- Viper4FX always needs to reinstall driver (idk if ROM's issue, but had everything running well on other phones)
- Magisk Manager crashes when checking SafetyNet status

Did you install it on a stock ROM? What recovery did you use?
29th August 2018, 04:28 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Hi I just install This ROM, I've noticed that when I open setting text texture has low quality. Sometimes blurry.
29th August 2018, 09:49 AM |#8  
Flag Krosno

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by connnor kenway

Did you install it on a stock ROM? What recovery did you use?

Yes, I installed it on stock EMUI 8.0.0.334. I used CATUVA21's TWRP.
The Following User Says Thank You to SevenUp9 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SevenUp9 Ad-Free
29th August 2018, 10:16 PM |#9  
Flag Krosno

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan C. E

Hi I just install This ROM, I've noticed that when I open setting text texture has low quality. Sometimes blurry.

Didn't notice such bug... Or if you mean some weirdly satisfying "shadow" glitch in apps section then yes, but this gets fixed after all the apps' size gets calculated.

Also noticed that blur all over the ROM right now, with some exceptions such as homescreen, notification bar rolled down or typing. I checked "Disable HW overlays" in Developer options and it fixed the issue, everything is sharp right now. Cheers!
30th August 2018, 12:26 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:

Didn't notice such bug... Or if you mean some weirdly satisfying "shadow" glitch in apps section then yes, but this gets fixed after all the apps' size gets calculated.

Also noticed that blur all over the ROM right now, with some exceptions such as homescreen, notification bar rolled down or typing. I checked "Disable HW overlays" in Developer options and it fixed the issue, everything is sharp right now. Cheers!

Disabling HW overlays fixed my issued. Thanks for info bro. Now I can fully enjoy android pie 😊
31st August 2018, 11:45 PM |#11  

More
Quote:

Yes, I installed it on stock EMUI 8.0.0.334. I used CATUVA21's TWRP.

What modules do you have installed bro?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)