FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Multitasking/RAM

975 posts
Thanks Meter: 903
 
By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 12th October 2017, 04:00 PM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
You're busy and don't have time to wait, which is why you need to stop reading this thread and get back to organizing your Pogs. Rate this thread to express how the Huawei Mate 10 performs when multitasking. A higher rating indicates that the Huawei Mate 10 keeps many apps in memory so that they don't need to reload, and that when moving between apps, transitions are smooth and performance is excellent.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!
 
 
22nd December 2017, 03:19 PM |#2  
blackspp's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 130
 
More
RAM management is a nightmare and much worse than with the Mate 9 where I had zero problems with Adguard and Garmin Connect. With the Mate 10 Pro bot apps are kicked out of memory all the time and make my Fenix 5 pretty much useless, same for my lifetime Adguard license.

1 star only for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to blackspp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift blackspp Ad-Free
11th January 2018, 04:18 PM |#3  
Senior Member
Flag Venezia
Thanks Meter: 766
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackspp

RAM management is a nightmare and much worse than with the Mate 9 where I had zero problems with Adguard and Garmin Connect. With the Mate 10 Pro bot apps are kicked out of memory all the time and make my Fenix 5 pretty much useless, same for my lifetime Adguard license.

1 star only for me.

with 6 GB of ram the multitasking is so bad still on Mate? Do you have tried to see if in battery menu there are options for this problem?
12th January 2018, 08:56 AM |#4  
alexxutzu's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 77
 
More
No problem here for multitasking.
The Following User Says Thank You to alexxutzu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift alexxutzu Ad-Free
16th February 2018, 03:28 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 264
 
More
Got a similar issue... after 1 day the ram usage keeps going up (android system) causing the software to stutter when multitasking. No idea why :/
16th February 2018, 09:12 PM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowOokami

Got a similar issue... after 1 day the ram usage keeps going up (android system) causing the software to stutter when multitasking. No idea why :/

+1 in BLA-L29 c432 with firmware 129

Enviado desde mi BLA-L29 mediante Tapatalk
16th February 2018, 09:20 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 264
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by matomoto48

+1 in BLA-L29 c432 with firmware 129

Enviado desde mi BLA-L29 mediante Tapatalk

Same firmware here.
23rd February 2018, 07:41 PM |#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Looks like I'm affected by the same problem, see my post: https://forum.xda-developers.com/mat...-till-t3754069. Any solution yet?
24th February 2018, 06:31 PM |#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 49
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackspp

RAM management is a nightmare and much worse than with the Mate 9 where I had zero problems with Adguard and Garmin Connect. With the Mate 10 Pro bot apps are kicked out of memory all the time and make my Fenix 5 pretty much useless, same for my lifetime Adguard license.

1 star only for me.

I just bought 5t and mate 10, it is not Mate 10 problems it is OrEO, on 5t it does the same BS. It's just 5t has 8gb ram and my Mate 10 has only 6gb. I found a way so OrEO will not close app on the back ground, go to settings, battery, launch and turn off all the app you want to run on the background. That is the only way. I bought the 5t because of this app management on the Mate 10, only to found out it is OrEO is the problem. So returning 5t now.
25th February 2018, 12:25 PM |#10  
blackspp's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 130
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjan22

I just bought 5t and mate 10, it is not Mate 10 problems it is OrEO, on 5t it does the same BS. It's just 5t has 8gb ram and my Mate 10 has only 6gb. I found a way so OrEO will not close app on the back ground, go to settings, battery, launch and turn off all the app you want to run on the background. That is the only way. I bought the 5t because of this app management on the Mate 10, only to found out it is OrEO is the problem. So returning 5t now.

Oreo may have it's own issues but Huawei introduced a new dimension by aggressively keeping their 6GB's as empty as possible. Many apps are flagged, by the Huawei (Emui) memory management, as 'power intensive' and the Chinese phone manufacturers don't like that. Luckily you can do something about it. Under settings -> special access -> ignore battery optimization you can allow apps to be ignored which keeps some of them in memory but others not. Adguard for example is not running nicely anymore and the Adguard devs are trying to solve this for months now. No luck so far.

So this is NOT an android problem but Huawei's. And they should do something about it...
The Following User Says Thank You to blackspp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift blackspp Ad-Free
25th February 2018, 04:34 PM |#11  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 49
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackspp

Oreo may have it's own issues but Huawei introduced a new dimension by aggressively keeping their 6GB's as empty as possible. Many apps are flagged, by the Huawei (Emui) memory management, as 'power intensive' and the Chinese phone manufacturers don't like that. Luckily you can do something about it. Under settings -> special access -> ignore battery optimization you can allow apps to be ignored which keeps some of them in memory but others not. Adguard for example is not running nicely anymore and the Adguard devs are trying to solve this for months now. No luck so far.

So this is NOT an android problem but Huawei's. And they should do something about it...

Oh nice to know this, OMG huawei has so much settings in it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes