Standby drain

Search This thread
Nov 24, 2015
Mine drains so quick as I see but I ignored many battery optimizations (about 20 apps) so it drains 1 percent every hour but still good enough for me:)

pleataa

Mar 20, 2012
bucharest
the best that I got with the mate 10 pro EU was 1% lost in 9h15m. this was a couple of days ago. I will try to recreate the scenario and I will post a screenshot.

same here. with all on, wifi 4G, Volte,Wowifi, location, a little talk at phone, and disable aod
after lg G2 i have it many years ago is the best stand by phone i have, is wonderfull. No samsung can be proud of these stand by life

Sep 12, 2008
Zurich
I have found that to have a good standby time you should not be connected to a WIFI network at all , which sounds stupid I know.
For example at home connected to a 2.4GHz network drains more battery on standby then on a 5GHz network. So I have decided to not use WIFI at all and to block all the background traffic on the 4G network and I just let the apps that I want to use the network, in my case i let only whatsapp.
settings --> wireless and networks --> mobile data --> Data saver.

Reactions: nostromo76

0alfred0

Jan 24, 2018
Berlin
Bla L29 c432 138 drains a lot during standby ... Used to be 4-5% a night now it's 12-14

Edit: 141 reduces battery drain overnight it's back to 5%

Last edited:

ogy_j

Jul 9, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S23
Hello,
I've the phone since 2 weeks and 2 times already, i have some drain like NFC Service
But my NFC is disable so i don't understand why it drain my battery ?
I'm on C636 .132 (ALP)
thanks

ogy_j

Jul 9, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S23
I don't use NFC on my phone
And now i freeze power genius app so i can't see which app consume my battery
but i don't have widget or whatever app been freeze

0alfred0

Jan 24, 2018
Berlin
142 is draining ~15% per night... unacceptable.

I am on 142 now it's still normal most of the time but some nights I experience drain also. I don't know what apps cause it. I guess social media. If I clear apps and turn on flight mode it doesn't happen... So that's how I cope with it, don't wanna be woken in the middle of the night anyway.

Sep 12, 2008
Zurich
Yesterday night I lost 11% in 8 hours of standby connected to my 5ghz wifi. Tonight i will use the 2.4ghz to see if there's a difference.

on 2.4GHz I have lost 9% in 8 hours so a bit better. Tonight I will try it on the mobile data.

Last edited:

LenticularAurora

Jan 12, 2018
Everyday for 24 hours and data used this month was 200+GB because there is no Lan port at the place we live in atm so we have to replace every aspect of WiFi to mobile hotspot.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

xda111111

Jul 10, 2018
what is Significant motion wake lock?

Huawei mate 10 pro
OS 8.0
BLA-29

The sleep drain for phone is about 2 - 5 %. It really varies and i dont know what causes such fluctuations.

GSAM battery monitor shows:

Android system = 24.3%
Kernel = 15.1%
Google play = 4.6%.
rest is very small

See screenshots below
****://imgur.com/a/7yzjfDc

replace **** with https above.

I opened Android system section and it shows "significant Motion" up for 30 minutes. That is the largest chunk of Android System.

I got wifi and bluetooth scanning off. Wifi off, bluetooth off.

What is "significant Motion" and why does it take up so much batter when device is sleeping?

look at the charts in the screenshots above, shows that device is "Active" numerous times throughout the night. How do I stop this?

Thanks everyone

Sep 12, 2008
Zurich
Huawei mate 10 pro
OS 8.0
BLA-29

The sleep drain for phone is about 2 - 5 %. It really varies and i dont know what causes such fluctuations.

GSAM battery monitor shows:

Android system = 24.3%
Kernel = 15.1%
Google play = 4.6%.
rest is very small

See screenshots below
****://imgur.com/a/7yzjfDc

replace **** with https above.

I opened Android system section and it shows "significant Motion" up for 30 minutes. That is the largest chunk of Android System.

I got wifi and bluetooth scanning off. Wifi off, bluetooth off.

What is "significant Motion" and why does it take up so much batter when device is sleeping?

look at the charts in the screenshots above, shows that device is "Active" numerous times throughout the night. How do I stop this?

Thanks everyone

The significant motion sensor is a virtual sensor using the physical accelerometer. From android.com:

A significant motion detector triggers when the detecting a “significant motion”: a motion that might lead to a change in the user location.

This means the significant motion sensor will only provide data if a significant motion is detected by the system (e.g. walking). The accelerometer continuously returns the accelerations for each axis.

To check out those sensors you can install one of many sensor apps. I usually use cpu-z.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm rootless. Phone is sleeping better than me.
    Mate 10 Battery Drain conclusion:
    GPS and Sync off,
    wifi on : 4~5% in 8Hrs
    wifi off , data on : 2~3% in 8Hrs
    wifi off , data off : 2% in 8Hrs
    Airplane mode : 1~2% in 8Hrs
    Yesterday night I lost 11% in 8 hours of standby connected to my 5ghz wifi. Tonight i will use the 2.4ghz to see if there's a difference.

on 2.4GHz I have lost 9% in 8 hours so a bit better. Tonight I will try it on the mobile data.
    4-5% for me here 8hours standby.
    10% drain last night for my mate 10. Definitely not right.