FORUMS

Google Pay (NFC) suddenly stopped working

45 posts
Thanks Meter: 3

By kluczus, Member on 9th May 2019, 08:57 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi. I'm using Google Pay for quite long time, but suddenly it stopped working at all. It looks like the app don't recognize I'm holding the phone against a terminal. I'm on 9.0.0.210(C432E10R1P16). NFC is working, I can read nfc tags. In google play device is marked as certificated.
Any ideas what is going on ?
9th May 2019, 10:29 AM |#2  
Flag Leyland
Thanks Meter: 81

More
Have you tried a reboot or clearing Google pays cache in the apps area?

Sent from my Mate 20 Pro using Tapatalk
9th May 2019, 11:56 AM |#3  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aindow

Have you tried a reboot or clearing Google pays cache in the apps area?

Sent from my Mate 20 Pro using Tapatalk

Yes, I have done both things. I have also my bank app and with this app nfc is working so its looks like this is only google pay problem.
9th May 2019, 12:46 PM |#4  
Flag Holstebro
Thanks Meter: 74

More
check if your safetynet is working
9th May 2019, 01:04 PM |#5  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firething

check if your safetynet is working

Safenet passed, all succeed but nfc still not working.
9th May 2019, 01:46 PM |#6  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I have the exact same problem - the phone doesn't even recognise the terminal and won't work for Google Pay on bus/underground or on card machines in store. I'm on build 9.0.0.265 not sure that is relevant but I only noticed the fail after the last software update.
9th May 2019, 04:38 PM |#7  
Flag Holstebro
Thanks Meter: 74

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kluczus

Safenet passed, all succeed but nfc still not working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRK

I have the exact same problem - the phone doesn't even recognise the terminal and won't work for Google Pay on bus/underground or on card machines in store. I'm on build 9.0.0.265 not sure that is relevant but I only noticed the fail after the last software update.

If you both have the official updates and not run the hstool, you both should contact google support to check on the gpay status... ... the nfc is working fine, ju t not the gpay.. google should be able to check if its a backend problem
9th May 2019, 05:37 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Mine is the same, rebooted phone and still nothing.

Standard build and still works on my connected smartwatch
9th May 2019, 07:35 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
This is really weird because this morning my mate 20 x was working fine on the london underground. But during lunchtime i couldnt tap to buy my lunch and then it wouldnt work on the tube on the way home. Since our problem happened at a similar time could this be a problem with huawei? I get zero reaction when i place it near a terminal.
9th May 2019, 10:34 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowie306

This is really weird because this morning my mate 20 x was working fine on the london underground. But during lunchtime i couldnt tap to buy my lunch and then it wouldnt work on the tube on the way home. Since our problem happened at a similar time could this be a problem with huawei? I get zero reaction when i place it near a terminal.

Mine turned out to be that NFC had managed to turn its self off. I opened up Google pay and it told me it was off, turned it back on and now working again. No idea how it switched off in the first place, its not in my quick settings
11th May 2019, 01:52 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 455

More
There was a Google Play store update for Gpay a few days ago, did yours update? I'm on firmware 210 and Gpay worked Thursday but I have not tried since the app update.

Sent from my HUAWEI LYA-L09 using XDA Labs
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
nfc google android pay

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)