PSA: Huawei Mate 20 Pro has a display problem - Gluegate

21 posts
Thanks Meter: 4

By NewtScamander, Junior Member on 27th October 2018, 05:25 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th November 2018, 02:51 PM |#601  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Be glad you have the phone to begin with lol. I live in France, preordered it on October 20 to get the free Watch. Still nothing. Amazon tells me possible delivery between november 28 and january 2nd. Huawei ignores me on all social media, and now I know that when I do get it if I ever do, I have the screen problem to watch out for....

I know I will be cancelling my preorder if I dont receive it before november 20 (deadline for the watch offer). With Black Friday coming and the inacceptable behavior from Huawei, I dont want anything to do with this brand anymore. Their phones are good, but now that they're #2 they are behaving like any other greedy company.

Hoping for a nice deal on the Note 9 on Black Friday. Or I'll go for the OnePlus 6T. As much as I wanted this powerhouse, especialy because of the battery life and cameras, I am not ready to wait 2 months after a PREorder and have a possible screen failure. Hopefuly spamming them everywhere I can will result in an answer before I cancel it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Spood For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Spood Ad-Free
5th November 2018, 03:17 PM |#602  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
I've just been into the Three UK store to look at the P20 pro. No issues with the display model and looks like a cracking phone. I chatted to the guy in there and he had just had the Huawei rep in. He said that Huawei were unable to fulfil all pre-orders due to production issues. They have also said that there will be no new UK stock until the end of November/early December at the earliest!
5th November 2018, 03:30 PM |#603  
Flag Birmingham, UK
Thanks Meter: 130

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by E36coupe

I've just been into the Three UK store to look at the P20 pro. No issues with the display model and looks like a cracking phone. I chatted to the guy in there and he had just had the Huawei rep in. He said that Huawei were unable to fulfil all pre-orders due to production issues. They have also said that there will be no new UK stock until the end of November/early December at the earliest!

three told me last week they would get the black this week and the twilight on the 20th nov.

I'm still waiting stock to get mine replaced.
5th November 2018, 03:32 PM |#604  
I found it tough to believe Huawei are telling people that the green screen is fine so I called them myself to inquire> I said i'm interested in buying one, but i'm hesitant because of the green screen. I was told "Discoloration is a characteristic of OLED panels and therefore the hype surrounding the green screen issues is not a recognized problem" I said, Cool. well I don't want a phone like that so I'll move onto something else. thanks for the heads up" What a joke!
The Following User Says Thank You to mwatson For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mwatson Ad-Free
5th November 2018, 03:33 PM |#605  
Flag Darmstadt
Thanks Meter: 12

More
I just tested it in total darkness on grey-brown screen with minimal brightness level (XDA App). I can see a bit "greenish" (don't know how to properly describe it) on the bottom part of the screen and a bit on the left outer part up . But it is so minimal and only visible in a nearly pitch black room with minimal brightness setting.

I probably wouldn't had noticed it if I wasn't reading a little bit about it online.

I was not able to get it on photo.

Will keep an eye on it. It is said that it might become worse over time.
5th November 2018, 03:34 PM |#606  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwatson

I found it tough to believe Huawei are telling people that the green screen is fine so I called them myself to inquire> I said i'm interested in buying one, but i'm hesitant because of the green screen. I was told "Discoloration is a characteristic of OLED panels and therefore the hype surrounding the green screen issues is not a recognized problem" I said, Cool. well I don't want a phone like that so I'll move onto something else. thanks for the heads up" What a joke!

Its still a beast.
5th November 2018, 04:32 PM |#608  
Flag lancaster
Thanks Meter: 75

More
I get my 3rd one tomorrow hopeful
5th November 2018, 04:34 PM |#609  
Jacksonville
Thanks Meter: 190

More
HA clove wants ME to pay return shipping to the UK from the USA....naaa man it's defective. I shouldnt have to pay and they claim itl be service....no it will be a replacement.
5th November 2018, 04:44 PM |#610  
Flag Birmingham
Thanks Meter: 48

More
Replacement on the way for me too from EE, delivery tomorrow. Hopefully an unaffected LG or Ideally BOE.... 🤞
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to silverwings2008 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift silverwings2008 Ad-Free
5th November 2018, 05:02 PM |#611  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Waiting my third replacement from Vodafone UK.They said i should receive it before friday as now its OOS.Lets see...

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)