FORUMS

Can't write to SD Card (EMUI 10)

17 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By Earthkeeper, Junior Member on 9th December 2019, 10:35 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I can copy/move files from internal storage to SD Card if I use the built-in file manager. However, if I use any 3rd party file manager, the operation will fail. It is as though the SD Card is read-only. I can copy from the SD Card to internal storage just fine.

I've tried ES File Explorer, File Manager Pro, Solid Explorer and they all failed. I've given grants to write to the root of SD-Card. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?
9th December 2019, 02:39 PM |#3  
Flag Drama
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthkeeper

I can copy/move files from internal storage to SD Card if I use the built-in file manager. However, if I use any 3rd party file manager, the operation will fail. It is as though the SD Card is read-only. I can copy from the SD Card to internal storage just fine.

I've tried ES File Explorer, File Manager Pro, Solid Explorer and they all failed. I've given grants to write to the root of SD-Card. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

I have exactly the same problem. I tried with solid, mix without success.

Στάλθηκε από το Mate 20 pro
9th December 2019, 03:36 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
Mixplorer works great. Root Explorer also works.
Thank you for your recommendation!
9th December 2019, 04:29 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
I really don't get it. At first, nothing works. Then when I install Root Explorer and grant storage access to the root of the SD-card, it immediately works.
Then I tried MiXplorer and it also works. Now when I return to Solid Explorer and it is working now.

What's going on? Does Root Explorer unlock something which makes it "click"? I don't get it at all. I only hope it is reliable in the long run and not switching "on" and "off" randomly.
9th December 2019, 09:23 PM |#6  
Flag Coldwater, MS
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthkeeper

I really don't get it. At first, nothing works. Then when I install Root Explorer and grant storage access to the root of the SD-card, it immediately works.
Then I tried MiXplorer and it also works. Now when I return to Solid Explorer and it is working now.

What's going on? Does Root Explorer unlock something which makes it "click"? I don't get it at all. I only hope it is reliable in the long run and not switching "on" and "off" randomly.

Root Explorer has been the ultimate for me. I bought the paid version when it first came out years ago. It always acomplishes whatever task I need it to do.
18th February 2020, 04:04 PM |#7  
Flag Noida (Delhi/Ncr)
Thanks Meter: 0

Donate to Me
More
Not Working
Not working for me.. I am using Honor V10... recently, I installed the android 10 (EMUI 10) update via ota (over the air). I have tried Root Explorer, ES file manager pro, but no file manager is able to write to external card except default file manager (which is pre installed)

PS: My phone is not rooted.
18th February 2020, 06:38 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 214

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by susheelseth

Not working for me.. I am using Honor V10... recently, I installed the android 10 (EMUI 10) update via ota (over the air). I have tried Root Explorer, ES file manager pro, but no file manager is able to write to external card except default file manager (which is pre installed)

PS: My phone is not rooted.

Go to developer settings and enable the option allow apps to write to external card... Have fun
19th February 2020, 07:55 PM |#9  
Flag Noida (Delhi/Ncr)
Thanks Meter: 0

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustChris20

Go to developer settings and enable the option allow apps to write to external card... Have fun

This option is already enabled but still not working... pls see tge attached screenshot for your reference.

Any other workaround?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200220_012258_com.android.settings.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	206.4 KB
ID:	4954375  
21st March 2020, 02:10 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
I still have the same problem...
I have a new P30 Pro and Nano SD card Just arrived.
I can write (and read) the card by external reader, connecting the phone via USB to a PC, etc. etc.

But when the card is on the phone I can only use Heawei file manager!!!

I have enable the option allow apps to write to external card.

I've just update on EMUI 10 build 10.0.0186

I can't beleive I tried a lot file manager and also some alternative app like quickpic and no one works good!!!!
21st March 2020, 04:19 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Fix the problem...
After enable the option allow apps to write to external card, I tried to disable developer settings.
Also tried to active some app I've disable before... 2 app, default browser and HiCare!

That's all and now I have no problem writing Nano SD card with all of my app!!!
I also rebbot the phone sveral time...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)