FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Android Q beta for the Mate 20 Pro [ENROLLMENT & DISCUSSION]

524 posts
Thanks Meter: 227

By galaxyYtester, Senior Member on 7th May 2019, 07:37 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Google has announced that Huawei Mate 20 Pro will be one of the 15 non-Pixel phones to receive the third Android Q beta with dark mode and revamped gestures. You can apply for the Android Q beta project through the official EMUI beta app:
https://consumer.huawei.com/en/support/fut/

PLEASE NOTE: Only app developers who have published apps in the Play Store will be accepted into the beta project, because this is a very early build with many bugs. Supported countries for registration are Italy, Belgium, Spain, Germany, France, Portugal, the Netherlands, Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia, Bulgaria, Poland, Denmark, Romania, Sweden, Finland, Norway, Serbia and Ukraine. You will not be able to enter the beta project if you have carrier customized firmware or lack a Huawei ID. Your Huawei ID email must be the Gmail address you use as your Play Store developer account.

The beta program lasts until June 30th and a new beta build will be published every Tuesday and Thursday. The first beta build will be published on May 11th. Read Huawei's official announcement post regarding rules and details here:
https://consumer.huawei.com/en/commu.../?topicId=6032
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to galaxyYtester For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift galaxyYtester Ad-Free
7th May 2019, 07:43 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 150

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxyYtester

Google has announced that the Huawei Mate 20 Pro will be one of the 15 non-Pixel phones to receive the third Android Q beta with dark mode and revamped gestures:

https://www.theverge.com/2019/5/7/18...phones-io-2019

What do you think? If any of you guys are able to figure out how to enroll and install the beta update, please post it here.

Some people with 210 version are in the list of beta app project, But other with 210 doesnt work beta list

Enviado desde mi LYA-L29 mediante Tapatalk
7th May 2019, 07:58 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 48

More
Hey.

I tried the app but when trying to login it says

" Login failed"

Any ideas?
7th May 2019, 08:02 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomeARC

Hey.

I tried the app but when trying to login it says

" Login failed"

Any ideas?

Try clearing the app from multitasking and trying again. It happened to me too once for some reason, but after trying again the app successfully authenticated and let me in. If it doesn't work, make sure you haven't disabled any system apps that could be used for the authentication.
7th May 2019, 08:07 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Where do you sign ups for the beta in the app? I can't see anything that mentions the beta.
7th May 2019, 08:11 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I'm running 9.0.0.210 myself, but the H3G Carrier version (installed automatically, unfortuntely), and it doesn't show as having the option available to enroll for me. I'm using the latest Huawei Beta app, too. What's going on?
7th May 2019, 08:12 PM |#7  

More
Exactly same as me.
7th May 2019, 08:12 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdw197

Where do you sign ups for the beta in the app? I can't see anything that mentions the beta.

After you've opened the beta app, you should see 4 tabs in the bottom. Tap the fourth one that says "Personal". Now below your email address you should see a star icon with a text "Join project". Tap this, swipe to the left and you should see a project named "Huawei Mate20pro Beta project". Tap it and apply.
7th May 2019, 08:13 PM |#9  

More
Quote:

After you've opened the beta app, you should see 4 tabs in the bottom. Tap the fourth one that says "Personal". Now below your email address you should see a star icon with a text "Join project". Tap this, swipe to the left and you should see a project named "Huawei Mate20pro Beta project". Tap it and apply.

Thanks. I found that, but there are no projects
7th May 2019, 08:14 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 48

More
Quote:

Try clearing the app from multitasking and trying again. It happened to me too once for some reason, but after trying again the app successfully authenticated and let me in. If it doesn't work, make sure you haven't disabled any system apps that could be used for the authentication.

Thanks.... I tried that reset cache n data...nothing..
7th May 2019, 08:16 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WispTheHusky

I'm running 9.0.0.210 myself, but the H3G Carrier version (installed automatically, unfortuntely), and it doesn't show as having the option available to enroll for me. I'm using the latest Huawei Beta app, too. What's going on?

Maybe the beta project isn't available for carrier modified devices. My device runs the same 210 firmware as yours, but it's unlocked so the project is available for me.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)