FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

How To Disable Hisearch - Guide

186 posts
Thanks Meter: 119

By Nicelysedated, Senior Member on 6th November 2018, 07:23 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Perform at your own risk! I am not responsible for your device!

I was trying to figure out how to disable Hisearch and found the package for it. I have successfully deleted it. Hisearch is no longer present when I swipe down on a blank space.

It does not seem to be having any adverse affect on my phone.

1) Download ADB
2) Enable USB Debugging on your device
3) Connect to computer and verify your device is listed with command "adb devices"
4) Type "adb Shell"
5) Type "pm list packages", this will show you all packages installed on phone.
6) Type "pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.huawei.search"
7) you should see the word "Sucess" pop up
8) enjoy having the utterly useless, ****ing annoying search gone!
The Following 51 Users Say Thank You to Nicelysedated For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nicelysedated Ad-Free
7th November 2018, 06:10 AM |#2  
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Do you need root access for this to work?
The Following User Says Thank You to junkyhlm For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift junkyhlm Ad-Free
7th November 2018, 06:27 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by junkyhlm

Do you need root access for this to work?

No.
The Following User Says Thank You to Daniel Hjelvik For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Daniel Hjelvik Ad-Free
7th November 2018, 08:59 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Thank You !!!!!!!! Works like a charm
The Following User Says Thank You to lukecz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lukecz Ad-Free
8th November 2018, 05:59 PM |#5  
Flag Dartmoor
Thanks Meter: 1,821

More
Is this the same. Settings app. Smart assistance, hitouch, toggle off.

This may be wrong. Was thinking of something else.
8th November 2018, 11:55 PM |#6  
Flag Cheshire, UK.
Thanks Meter: 103

More
It's a different thing, Hisearch is incredibly irritating. Will be trying this soon, as I've been looking for a way to disable it. Thanks for posting OP.
The Following User Says Thank You to madpete For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift madpete Ad-Free
9th November 2018, 12:10 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Yorktown

More
After a few days still no issues from deleting Hisearch. I will say it's safe to get rid of.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nicelysedated For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nicelysedated Ad-Free
9th November 2018, 07:07 PM |#8  
Flag Cheshire, UK.
Thanks Meter: 103

More
I can confirm this worked great for me too, thank goodness as it was driving me mad. Stock launcher is actually OK, except for this.

Would this work for other Huawei apps? If so, maybe we should get together a list of "safe to remove" apps?
The Following User Says Thank You to madpete For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift madpete Ad-Free
10th November 2018, 09:09 AM |#9  

More
Is there a way to extract a program somewhere in case its removal does have a negative impact? I would be willing to start removing some of the bloat but I'm a little worried that I remove something the rest of the system relies on
The Following User Says Thank You to panrix For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift panrix Ad-Free
10th November 2018, 10:20 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Yorktown

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by panrix

Is there a way to extract a program somewhere in case its removal does have a negative impact? I would be willing to start removing some of the bloat but I'm a little worried that I remove something the rest of the system relies on

You can make a back-up and then restore. Or a factory reset will re-install everything.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nicelysedated For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nicelysedated Ad-Free
14th November 2018, 10:12 PM |#11  

More
This is awesome. Thank you.
A quick and painless way that anyone can use to get rid of this annoying non-feature.
Thank you very much for the clear instructions...

Let's hope an update doesn't re-install it!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)