ressurection remix os is now out for the mate 20 pro!

Search This thread

pvillasuso

Apr 16, 2007
https://openkirin.net/ the first asop rom is here! i just installed it and seems very fast , you need the stock recovery and an unlocked bootloader. uses the emui camera so will still take great photos.

edit: i can not make or receive calls so far. maybe i am doing something wrong. will play around some more and see if there is a fix.

Thanks for bringing this out , would like to try it , but first I need to make sure I can be able to make and receive calls !
would you mind keeping us updated with your discoveries using the rom please ?

loofn

Sep 13, 2015
The rom is blazing fast, no issue so far but i'll keep on testing it for a while. I have no problem with callings, make sure that you flash the correct recovery_ramdis.img for your model. I also got the latest magisk installed no problem. My only concerns would be no more AI camera, and no 3D face ID.
Update:
Some stuffs I have notice:
-USB-C earbuds doesn't work, USB-C adapter + normal earbuds works.
-The phone run a bit warmer than stock.
-It seems like the auto brightness sucks, it almost always put the phone at full brightness. I toned it down manually and the phone seems to cool off a bit.
-Safety net passed but google pay still doesn't work.
-No stereo speakers.
-Fingerprint sensor works but no indicator on screen of where to place the finger.
-No idea how to change screen resolution
Updated one day battery from 9am to 10:30pm.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190417-223903_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20190417-223903_Settings.png
    135.3 KB · Views: 501
  • Screenshot_20190417-223909_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20190417-223909_Settings.png
    74.5 KB · Views: 499
Last edited:

VinBenzin810

Nov 4, 2013
Mannheim, Germany
The rom is blazing fast, no issue so far but i'll keep on testing it for a while. I have no problem with callings, make sure that you flash the correct recovery_ramdis.img for your model. I also got the latest magisk installed no problem. My only concerns would be no more AI camera, and no 3D face ID.
Update:
-It seems like the auto brightness sucks, it almost always put the phone at full brightness. I toned it down manually and the phone seems to cool off a bit.

For brightness Problem try this one

Attachments

• IMG_20190414_214323_932.jpg
    IMG_20190414_214323_932.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 921

pvillasuso

Apr 16, 2007
make sure that you flash the correct recovery_ramdis.img for your model.
Any chance you can share the file ( if you have it ) to flash the stock recovery , for a single sim global mate 20 pro ( LYA-L09 ) ?
I've been "google browsing" without luck ! :(

edit : nevermind , I managed to extract it from a full update (.228)
Gonna try the ROM now
Cheers !

Last edited:

loofn

Sep 13, 2015
After some reboot and adjust, the phone run alot cooler now as close as stock I would say. The battery is not as good as stock because it is running at 2k compare to 1080p like I normally use on stock and there is no option to change resolution natively. I wish we have official support for this rom soon.

Last edited:

loofn

Sep 13, 2015
do you really think a qcom fix solves your issue on a kirin device? also this command does nothing on my rom, since i didn't pick phhs stuff at all.

Regards

Hello, I just want to know if mate 20 pro will be officially supported for this rom. I love this rom, it is so fast and smooth with decent battery life.

Thank you!

pvillasuso

Apr 16, 2007
Great ROM , superfast , runs really nice and smooth in my mate 20 pro (hardware)

I hope the developer post it here at xda , so we can all make it better together ( I mean with feedback , findings , tips , etc )

Cheers

Reactions: flyl0

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https://openkirin.net/ the first asop rom is here! i just installed it and seems very fast , you need the stock recovery and an unlocked bootloader. uses the emui camera so will still take great photos.

edit: i can not make or receive calls so far. maybe i am doing something wrong. will play around some more and see if there is a fix.
    Update:

Update:
    -No stereo speakers.
    -Fingerprint sensor works but no indicator on screen of where to place the finger.
    -No idea how to change screen resolution
    Updated one day battery from 9am to 10:30pm.
    do you really think a qcom fix solves your issue on a kirin device? also this command does nothing on my rom, since i didn't pick phhs stuff at all.

Regards
    I've read everything for a long time, man.
    We just need official support for our devices, bugs reports, feedbacks, and to do it, it will be much better to a have a special thread for the mate 20 Pro. Just sayin, on the website, there is no bugs list at all.
    in terms of information it's very poor .. basically we are beta testers lol

It would be nice to write on the site that a lot of things will not work on RR, like no fingerprints Reader, no 3D camera, the phone overheats a lot more, you can't make backups anymore with Hisuite, Bluetooth will not work well too, no stereo sound etc it's like downgrading our phones ?
    If it's based on EMUI9 too why there is no integration of Huawei softwares on it ?

Oh and why there is no TWRP support for RR (only fastboot flashing) while it can works pretty well ?

I'm not trying to be mean, i'm very grateful for the work of the developers but there are things that can be improved.

Downgrading your phone? ?

I have a solution, don't flash custom firmware if you're not prepared to deal with bugs. No integration with Huawei? It literally uses the stock camera.

Maybe it's time to brush up on GSI images if you don't know how they work.

As someone who's ported AOSP before GSI images were a thing, I'm amazed it works as well as it does. Bluetooth works fine for me, in fact the only real bug I've found is that wired headphones are registered as a USB device.

I'm not trying to be rude either just letting you know that the dev will make an OP when he's ready and that as always, flashing your device is risky and on you in the end of the day.

Anyways have a good one man