FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[NEWS] Resurrection Remix & OmniROM beta are available for our Mate 20 Pro!

146 posts
Thanks Meter: 31

By flyl0, Senior Member on 21st April 2019, 10:18 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
If you are lucky enough to have your BL unlocked, you can now install RR or OmniROM on your mate 20 pro!

I created this thread mainly for those who want to share their experiences with RR / Omnirom and report bugs.
Maybe this post will help those expecting more feedbacks or see what RR/Omnirom looks like on EMUI 9 before to flash it.
Screenshots are appreciated so don't hesitate to share them with us !

> Resurrection Remix OS 7.0.1 Beta 1

> OmniROM Beta 1

Click here if you don't know how to install it.

/!\ Things that will not work : 3D camera, Fingerprint reader, USB-C speaker (some have problems with Bluetooth on some devices tho) probably more that I don't know yet.

If you want to send logcat or need support from the team, you can also join their telegram group here

S/o to all the OpenKirin Team for their hard works !

Alexander Pohl
Lead Developer/Maintainer
XDA: @OldDroid

Eduardo Alonso
Developer
XDA: @XePeleato

Surdu Petru
Developer
XDA: @surdu_petru

Kyle McGrath
Web Developer / Site Admin
XDA: @Bloodlvst

Chris Vandomelen
Developer
XDA: @irony_delerium
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to flyl0 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift flyl0 Ad-Free
21st April 2019, 07:28 PM |#2  
Flag torquay
Thanks Meter: 97

More
It's very smooth but the fingerprint and face scanner functionality was enough to make me go back to the emui 9 ROM. Phone also seemed to run very hot. I will try again once new versions are released as I do love the ROM.
The Following User Says Thank You to djisgod For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift djisgod Ad-Free
21st April 2019, 09:16 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 654

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djisgod

It's very smooth but the fingerprint and face scanner functionality was enough to make me go back to the emui 9 ROM.

I have the exactly same feeling, Im jumping again into RR Rom when these issues get fixed , because I didn't find any other major problem , super fast , super smooth !

Thanks to the developers for the hard work and time to achieve this !
The Following User Says Thank You to pvillasuso For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pvillasuso Ad-Free
22nd April 2019, 12:26 AM |#4  
Flag Saint Priest
Thanks Meter: 238

More
There is already a thread talking about RR

https://forum.xda-developers.com/mat...0-pro-t3921309

Also pls let the dev make his own post when he will be ready to share his work and give support....that's how this forum work..
22nd April 2019, 04:18 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Paris

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilos

There is already a thread talking about RR

https://forum.xda-developers.com/mat...0-pro-t3921309

Also pls let the dev make his own post when he will be ready to share his work and give support....that's how this forum work..

Lol this doesn't prevent the author to make an official post, since the Beta are out, it's normal to talk about it here, that's how a forum works.
Next time think before posting useless comment on my post, thanks

And forreal you call that a thread ? lmao.
There is no mention of Omnirom tho

Sent from my HUAWEI LYA-L29 using XDA Labs
22nd April 2019, 04:20 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Paris

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djisgod

It's very smooth but the fingerprint and face scanner functionality was enough to make me go back to the emui 9 ROM. Phone also seemed to run very hot. I will try again once new versions are released as I do love the ROM.

Same here tbh

24th April 2019, 10:47 PM |#7  
Flag Saint Priest
Thanks Meter: 238

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyl0

Next time think before posting useless comment on my post, thanks

hmm, useless ? oh yes sorry, your post is SOOOOOO helpfull...check the number of view on the other thread and check your. now think. Here is not to see who have the bigger one than over, just to stay focus in the same thread. you like duplicate so go on but don't cry if your thread is removed by mod.
25th April 2019, 01:34 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Paris

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilos

hmm, useless ? oh yes sorry, your post is SOOOOOO helpfull...check the number of view on the other thread and check your. now think. Here is not to see who have the bigger one than over, just to stay focus in the same thread. you like duplicate so go on but don't cry if your thread is removed by mod.

Chill man & gtfoh.
Check the numbers of views he said lmao
A high number of views doesn't mean the content is good 😅
I like to duplicate? Like i said there is no mention of OmniROM in the post you linked.
I just wanted to share the information with everyone and make a clean post about it but apparently there will always be a jerk like you to make a disrespectful comment lol
Do you know how a forum works ? people post news that already exists elsewhere..
29th April 2019, 09:56 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
From what i heard (havent tested it yet) the fingerprint scanner works, but the indicator isnt there
The Following User Says Thank You to Fernix_ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Fernix_ Ad-Free
18th June 2019, 08:05 PM |#10  
Flag Gelsenkirchen
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Any progress here? If we really loose Google services this becomes very important.
4th October 2019, 06:37 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 127

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyl0

Chill man & gtfoh.
Check the numbers of views he said lmao
A high number of views doesn't mean the content is good
I like to duplicate? Like i said there is no mention of OmniROM in the post you linked.
I just wanted to share the information with everyone and make a clean post about it but apparently there will always be a jerk like you to make a disrespectful comment lol
Do you know how a forum works ? people post news that already exists elsewhere..

don't mind the haters. as you said, there will be always one.
The Following User Says Thank You to RockyAJ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RockyAJ Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)