FORUMS

Has anybody solved notifications issue on Mate 20 Pro?

124 posts
Thanks Meter: 36
 
By WarVic, Senior Member on 12th April 2019, 11:46 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi everyone. Can anybody post a screenshot of your homescreen with received emails / messages icons showing in the top left corner of the Mate 20 Pro screen (notifications area) please? I'm sick and tired to hear explanations like "hm, weird. might something wrong with your firmware", hm, I've got everything". Something is telling me that this problem is notch related and Huawei simply don't know how to fix it. Thanks in advance.
12th April 2019, 01:36 PM |#2  
gm007's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4,528
 
More
What problem do you have?
12th April 2019, 01:44 PM |#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 58
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarVic

Hi everyone. Can anybody post a screenshot of your homescreen with received emails / messages icons showing in the top left corner of the Mate 20 Pro screen (notifications area) please? I'm sick and tired to hear explanations like "hm, weird. might something wrong with your firmware", hm, I've got everything". Something is telling me that this problem is notch related and Huawei simply don't know how to fix it. Thanks in advance.

Like this
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190412_134932.jpg
Views:	848
Size:	148.4 KB
ID:	4741292   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190412_143828.jpg
Views:	850
Size:	134.6 KB
ID:	4741293   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190412_134811.jpg
Views:	856
Size:	151.8 KB
ID:	4741294  
12th April 2019, 02:04 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 36
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hija31

Like this

Okay, I want my phone showing notification icons like in your second screenshot with received emails icons. To other screenshots are the result of action like swipe down gesture. How did you get emails icon there?
12th April 2019, 02:10 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 36
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gm007

What problem do you have?

No notification icons (emails, messages...) in the top left corner. All I have got is operator name and signal strength (GSM + WiFi) signs. That's it. As a result, I'm missing important messages and emails, not reading them in time. Never experienced anything like this on Pixel, Galaxies, LG, HTC and Sony phones. Also my previous phone - Mate 10 - didn't have this problem too. Can't find the way to fix it on Mate 20 Pro.
12th April 2019, 02:22 PM |#6  
gm007's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4,528
 
More
Maybe you have disabled them by mistake,you can always go to app setting and enable notifications for each app you want.
12th April 2019, 02:31 PM |#7  
hawkerpaul's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag UK
Thanks Meter: 6,335
 
Donate to Me
More
It's a horrible notch on this phone.
I'd much rather that if the option to turn "off" the notch is selected, that the whole top line would be moved down so that icons show in an entire row the line below, instead of the very top notched line, but such is life!

For you, is this a space issue do you think?
I've changed the option to show a notification number instead of individual icons. At least with this method, you'll know something is there?
.
12th April 2019, 02:35 PM |#8  
ilos's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Saint Priest
Thanks Meter: 244
 
More
You have the place for only 4 icons at the right and at the left of the notch. So that depends if you have Bluetooth on, network monitor on etc... Etc.. For each apps you have maybe in notification bar you should disable apps that you don't want to be in notif bar. For exemple I use Tasker but don't need it in notification bar, so I removed is icon in notification menu.

Like you I don't see my email or text msg notification icon but is because I've Bluetooth on, alarm on, vibrate On and data monitoring on so... Alarm icon don't appear coz I've also signal strength.
Signal strength + Bluetooth icon + network monitor + vibrate mode = 4 icons nothing more. If I switch from vibrate mod to ring mod i' ve again one free slot for another icon etc... Etc..
12th April 2019, 02:46 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 36
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gm007

Maybe you have disabled them by mistake,you can always go to app setting and enable notifications for each app you want.

I haven't touched or disabled anything. Everything is on default settings. I've checked all notifications related settings, everything is enabled.
12th April 2019, 02:53 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 36
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkerpaul

It's a horrible notch on this phone.
I'd much rather that if the option to turn "off" the notch is selected, that the whole top line would be moved down so that icons show in an entire row the line below, instead of the very top notched line, but such is life!

For you, is this a space issue do you think?
I've changed the option to show a notification number instead of individual icons. At least with this method, you'll know something is there?
.

Yes, this is a space issue and a Huawei issues at the same time. I set "show numbers" options but still no luck. Maybe my current operator name is too long to have anything else beside.
12th April 2019, 02:56 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 36
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilos

You have the place for only 4 icons at the right and at the left of the notch. So that depends if you have Bluetooth on, network monitor on etc... Etc.. For each apps you have maybe in notification bar you should disable apps that you don't want to be in notif bar. For exemple I use Tasker but don't need it in notification bar, so I removed is icon in notification menu.

Like you I don't see my email or text msg notification icon but is because I've Bluetooth on, alarm on, vibrate On and data monitoring on so... Alarm icon don't appear coz I've also signal strength.
Signal strength + Bluetooth icon + network monitor + vibrate mode = 4 icons nothing more. If I switch from vibrate mod to ring mod i' ve again one free slot for another icon etc... Etc..

Okay, thanks for explanation. Thant's mean it is space + Huawei issue indeed. Useless (no notifications whatsoever) AOD is quite frustrating as well.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes