FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Cellular strength and throughput

812 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,763

By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 31st August 2018, 05:12 PM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
We know how much you like to stream, ahem, "videos", and so cellular data is mega-important. Rate this thread to express how you think the 's LTE performs. A higher rating indicates that it's fantastic: throughput is excellent and signal strength is top-notch.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add.
26th October 2018, 07:57 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
In places where I would normally get 4G connection with my S8 Plus, I tend to get maximum 3G bars. Not too sure why, yes it's the same sim just one time in the S8 Plus and another time in my Mate 20 Pro
The Following User Says Thank You to YakuzaNeko For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift YakuzaNeko Ad-Free
29th October 2018, 01:12 AM |#3  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Anybody else tested this?
29th October 2018, 09:30 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
So far signal has been better than I saw on my oneplus6. I even managed 183Mbps download on EE 4g
29th October 2018, 09:44 PM |#5  
Flag London

More
That's awesome. Thanks
30th October 2018, 06:44 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 217

More
Same here
I hope next update will fix that problem!
Quote:
Originally Posted by YakuzaNeko

In places where I would normally get 4G connection with my S8 Plus, I tend to get maximum 3G bars. Not too sure why, yes it's the same sim just one time in the S8 Plus and another time in my Mate 20 Pro

Gesendet von meinem LYA-L29 mit Tapatalk
29th November 2018, 07:05 PM |#7  
Flag Paradise Valley
Thanks Meter: 29

More
sought this thread out because I wanted somewhere to comment on the Mate 20 Pro signal strength. Often times I hear phone X has way better reception than phone Q. I go through a lot of cell phones (I have a disease, lol) and have used T-Mobile in the US for about 10 years. In all that time I have never really seen one phone be noticeably better than another phone. Where I'd have good reception with one phone, another phone would be about the same. Where it's bad signal in a certain area, other phones have bad reception as well. With this phone I have noticed significant improvement in signal at many places I normally am. My home has always been great but I've noticed at work and at a few friend's homes that where I had no signal, I suddenly have good to great reception. It's weird, and I don't know if TMobile all of the sudden put up a bunch of towers in the last couple months, but I'm grateful that I see the difference. Especially since I'm without wifi calling in this country.
22nd January 2019, 09:16 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
I saw some friends who owned a Mate 20 Pro and Signal reception on their Mate 20 Pro compared to my iPhone 8 Plus was much stronger
22nd January 2019, 09:54 AM |#9  

More
Yeah, very happy with cellular strength. Incredible experience.
The Following User Says Thank You to JazzVH For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JazzVH Ad-Free
27th January 2019, 12:35 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Anyone here know what TRP is for the Huawei Mate 20 Pro is?

https://www.signalbooster.com/blogs/...ellular-signal

Recent tests by Ireland's communications regulator (COMREG) have shown that the Samsung Galaxy S8 has incredible reception, which is measured in TRP (Total Radiated Power). On the GSM network's 1800 band, the Galaxy S8 weighed in at 23.6 TRP (also shown as "dBm"), while the iPhone 7 only had 16.6 TRP, and the Pixel had 21.0 TRP. This means that Samsung cell phones have the strongest antenna capability. We don't exactly know how or why - maybe just due to how they design their smartphones.
The Following User Says Thank You to desiregeek For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift desiregeek Ad-Free
2nd February 2019, 11:02 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by desiregeek

Anyone here know what TRP is for the Huawei Mate 20 Pro is?

Recent tests by Ireland's communications regulator (COMREG) have shown that the Samsung Galaxy S8 has incredible reception, which is measured in TRP (Total Radiated Power). On the GSM network's 1800 band, the Galaxy S8 weighed in at 23.6 TRP (also shown as "dBm"), while the iPhone 7 only had 16.6 TRP, and the Pixel had 21.0 TRP. This means that Samsung cell phones have the strongest antenna capability. We don't exactly know how or why - maybe just due to how they design their smartphones.

Seems like there's a but of variation in that I know some phones don't support some bands that others do, as well as some areas dont support some bands that others do. For example the south in the us for att has slightly different band support from other areas despite some overlap. All this to say was this streamlined in this study? And also I DONT KNOW IF THIS IS THE CASE WITH THESE 2 PHONES. Just mentioning it as it would make a difference.

2. I just ordered this phone for Tennessee and was curious about the signal quality etc in the US. Anyone have some experience based comments?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)