FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Photo quality

812 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,763

By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 31st August 2018, 05:12 PM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
Say "cheese", then rate this thread to express how photos taken with the come out. A higher rating indicates that photos offer rich color (without over-saturating), sharp detail (with all subjects in-focus), and appropriate exposure (with even lighting).

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!
The Following User Says Thank You to XDA_RealLifeReview For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift XDA_RealLifeReview Ad-Free
26th October 2018, 07:46 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
A pretty decent photo quality, however if you do not use the "Vivid colours" your images can appear quite washed out.
The Following User Says Thank You to YakuzaNeko For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift YakuzaNeko Ad-Free
1st November 2018, 04:58 AM |#3  
Flag Beijing
Thanks Meter: 50

More
I am excited about this

https://www.news.com.au/technology/g...7a17c4bb3f9510

Okay - article pumps up the phone... but then LOOK at the PHOTO sample v the iphone...... why is it that bad? I don't want to go near this phone, if this is its output. Who do we trust though? All reviewers saying it is amaaaaazing... Reminds my how I got sucked into my last huawei - Nexus 6P

The hundred or so (seemingly that amount) of youtubers who got the free trip top London and the early release, or the mainstream media? Or what?

That image comparison though - can't get past it
1st November 2018, 07:45 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 100

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by s327374

...That image comparison though - can't get past it

Judging from the small images I would assume that the Mate 20 had bokeh-effect on, the flowers seems to be pretty sharp and focussed but the background looks delibarately out of focus.
The Following User Says Thank You to s3axel For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift s3axel Ad-Free
1st November 2018, 10:43 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 47

More
photo quailty is insane check what i took
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...BRS3pYSVlxMW1R
nice little tip use night mode at day to get crazy HDR pictures like the one of the cars ^^
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bloodomen2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bloodomen2 Ad-Free
2nd November 2018, 03:46 PM |#6  
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodomen2

photo quailty is insane check what i took
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...BRS3pYSVlxMW1R
nice little tip use night mode at day to get crazy HDR pictures like the one of the cars ^^

your photos look lovely - however the photo's ive tried taking so far in my office etc look very poor quality, right now my oneplus3 is better! which firmware are you on? im on 108.. still haven't received tany updates yet
The Following User Says Thank You to ooMoo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ooMoo Ad-Free
3rd November 2018, 10:02 AM |#7  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 188

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ooMoo

your photos look lovely - however the photo's ive tried taking so far in my office etc look very poor quality, right now my oneplus3 is better! which firmware are you on? im on 108.. still haven't received tany updates yet

I'm on 122 and there were camera improvements as well as new camera features. I've found night mode to be inconsistent but when it works is glorious!
4th November 2018, 12:57 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Coming from the p20 pro to this the seflie camera on the mate is terrible looks like we gone back a few years on the front camera almost makes it unusable for me...
The Following User Says Thank You to Danmike For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Danmike Ad-Free
4th November 2018, 01:51 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi all,
I am on my third day of HM20 Pro.
Love it all and the photos sure, great
Have you guys tried to take photos from the messaging apps? Signal, message, whatsapp?
I cannot believe the... Worst quality ever!! Is there any config I am missing?
Just try it.. Send an MMS via the messaging (not taking the photo before, but actually from within the app) and let me know....

About to pack my new phone and return it....

Thanks for your comment!
4th November 2018, 05:56 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 157

More
The camera is awesome... Maybe not as good as the P20 Pro though at night time
6th November 2018, 04:31 PM |#11  
i just stuck a Vodafone sim in for a few seconds to get the 122 update - camera is definitely a bit better! not had a chance to test much yet though, but from the few I have taken shots are appearing less grainy now.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)