Remove All Ads from XDA

Freebuds/FlyBuds 2 Companion APP

662 posts
Thanks Meter: 227

By MirageBlader, Senior Member on 10th January 2019, 11:10 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Freebuds 2 Companion APP | FlyBuds Pro Companion APP
Please use on your own risk!

In advance, forgive me my poor english and report all translation misstakes. I will fix them ASAP. I am not native english speaker but try my best 

For the FlyBuds Pro Companion App, downloads are below at the end of this post. Its a WIP and some translation errors might happen. Use at your own risk.

Changelog

Initial release

New release by HUAWEI
No german Translation yet. Need some more polish and Need to be home for it
Official changelog doesnt exist but the Freebuds 2 App is now 100% like the flybuds app. Seriously, ist basicly same app which just supports Freebuds instead of Flybuds.

Changes on english translation and added german translations for new version

Supported Languages

English
German (WIP) - Only in 1.0.0.106
Chinese

Official APK from HUAWEI (Chinese)
UPDATE 12.01.2019

Download

Translated APP - Freebuds 2 Companion
Downloads

Downloads

Download

Downloads
Download

Translated APP - FlyBuds Pro Companion App
Downloads
Download

Official HUAWEI FlyBuds Pro App
Downloads
Download

Screenshots

Q&A
Q: Can i use this APP with the Honor Flybuds 2?
A: No, they have their own APP. Since 13th of january, Freebuds 2 APP got updated to 1.0.0.121 and its basicly a copy of the FlyBuds App. I decided to support both. But keep in mind that i dont own the FlyBuds and cant test everything. If errors happen, please report here with a screenshot

Q: The package says it supports HWA Audio codec but i cant enable it.
A: In case of the Mate 20 Pro, you need to be atleast on Firmware 9.0.0.171 to be able to use HWA.

Q: How do i setup Bone ID Voice Recognition?
A: Honestly, no idea. It seems we need a newer firmware on our phone to have access to this feature. I will report if i get more informations.

Q: Does voice commands work?
A: Yes, music and calls can be controlled. Please check the manual on how to do this.

Q: The update of my Freebuds 2 keeps failing.
A: Keep trying, i needed 6 trys until it worked.

Q: Can i use my phones voice assistant instead oft he build in one?
A: Yes, once you activate, for example google assistant, the Freebuds 2 app wont show any voice settings anymore and all the settings has to be done inside the google app.

Q: Can i use voice comands to do payments?
A: As far i know, no. I am still investigating.

Q: I speak, for example spanish, can i make a translation into spanish?
A: Yes, PN me and i send you the string.xml. You can translate it by using Notepad++ for example and send it back to me. I will update the APP then 

* Updated Mirror to AndroidFileHost *

Best Regards :P
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190110_231048_com.huawei.wings.ota.jpg
Views:	7472
Size:	129.2 KB
ID:	4684024   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190110_231102_com.huawei.wings.ota.jpg
Views:	7376
Size:	129.0 KB
ID:	4684025   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190110_231158_com.huawei.wings.ota.jpg
Views:	7332
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	4684026  
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to MirageBlader For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MirageBlader Ad-Free
10th January 2019, 11:30 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
thanks dude

Gesendet von meinem LYA-L29 mit Tapatalk
11th January 2019, 02:28 AM |#3  

More
Awesome work! Thank you! It was tedious using the translator to use the app each time.
11th January 2019, 09:50 AM |#4  
Flag Bangalore, India..
Thanks Meter: 102

Donate to Me
More
Can anyone comment on music n call quality and does HWA/LHDC codec make any difference?

Please, anyone who has purchased freebud 2/pro, please share your experience on build, comfort, connectivity, audio quality etc..
11th January 2019, 10:01 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 54

More
So cool, thanks!
11th January 2019, 11:40 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Can't download that app. Whole page is flooded with trash adds..
11th January 2019, 12:00 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommisjtp

Can't download that app. Whole page is flooded with trash adds..

Try downloading it from your PC. I'm using Chrome with AdBlocker extension and the file does get downloaded at the first click on the download button, no popups, no ads. From the phone, I was flooded with ads as well.
11th January 2019, 02:18 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Munich

Donate to Me
More
I am waiting to get approval on androidfilehost. Will change it once done. Sorry

Sent from my Mate 20 Pro using Tapatalk
11th January 2019, 03:07 PM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh2002

Can anyone comment on music n call quality and does HWA/LHDC codec make any difference?

Please, anyone who has purchased freebud 2/pro, please share your experience on build, comfort, connectivity, audio quality etc..

I received mine yesterday. Music quality is very good for me (I'm not an expert on this matter). Indoors, the connectivity is awesome. I haven't experienced any issues like sound skips.

Outdoors, I've experienced minor issues having my mobile in my pants' pocket and my hand covering it. But it almost never happened.

Regarding the HWA, I'm using a mate 20 pro LYA-L29 9.0.0.169 and I don't have the inbuilt options in EMUI 9. Waiting for the 9.0.0.171 update which I heard includes the HWA and, in some cases, in-built options outside the freebuds 2 app.

While calling, I have no issues hearing (outdoors) but the person on the line told me that she couldn't hear me very well (Cut audio). I haven't tested it indoors.

The headphones are very comfortable. It fits nice inside the ear so you don't really hear much outside noise at 55% volume. They don't fall easily. I've done some tests like shaking my head fast and running with them and they stay in place.

They feel well-built. They don't have that cheap plastic feeling. It's a shame that they don't have touch controls for skipping songs or changing the volume. On the other hand, they support voice assistant so you can say for instance "Play summertime by my chemical romance" and it will start playing without touching your phone.

They also have voice controls to turn up/down the volume, play/pause, etc.

Battery wise, I haven't used them long enough to drain the battery. I used them continuously for 1 hour and a half without issues. The case charges them so I haven't had the chance of draining them completely.

The wireless charge is awesome. I use the mate 20 pro reverse charge and it's very handy.

I think that covers pretty much everything. If you have any questions I can try to help
The Following User Says Thank You to izayasan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift izayasan Ad-Free
11th January 2019, 03:23 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Munich

Donate to Me
More
Updated the mirror to AndroidFileHost!
Easier for everybody
11th January 2019, 03:34 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 54

More
@izayasan, what about sync issues when watching videos? Is there any delay?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)