FORUMS

[Guide] Change the fingerprint unlock animation on your Huawei Mate 20 Pro

1,511 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,587

By vPro97, Senior Member on 23rd February 2020, 08:26 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
In earlier EMUI 9.0.0 we had the option to change the fingerprint unlock animation. This option was later removed and hasn't come back.
Inspired by the thread for the Huawei P30 Pro, I investigated whether it was possible to change the lockscreen fingerprint icon of our Huawei Mate 20 Pro - and I successfully managed to. Huge thanks to @zimmen for discovering this for the P30 Pro and providing the links and files. Make sure you thank his thread as well.

This guide has been tested and works for the Huawei Mate 20 Pro! You will not be able to use the animations provided in the P30 Pro link.

Use the theme provided at the bottom of this thread as the base of your modding. The theme is the Huawei Mate 30 Stock theme with modified fingerprint icon (OnePlus) and the 'Color Swirl' animation:

To apply the fingerprint animation provided
Download the theme and extract the file 'Painted Planet.hwt' to 'Huawei' - 'Themes'.
Return to your app drawer, open the 'Themes' app, navigate to 'Me' in the bottom right corner, 'Themes' and apply the 'Painted Planet' theme. Reboot for the fingerprint animation to take effect.

Now, in order to change the fingerprint icon:
Download the theme and extract the file 'Painted Planet.hwt' to 'Huawei' - 'Themes'.
Search Google for the app 'MT Manager'. This is a file explorer that allows you to decompile and recompile apks on the go.
Open 'MT Manager'
Navigate to 'Huawei' -> 'Themes' -> 'Painted Planet.hwt'
Open com.huawei.aod, then open 'res' and 'drawable-xxxhdpi'.

Find a picture that you like as the fingerprint icon with the approximate size 220x220 pixels. The file must be '.png'
Make four copies of the same picture and rename them to 'ic_fingerprint_1.png', 'ic_fingerprint_2.png', 'ic_fingerprint_3.png' and 'ic_fingerprint_4.png' respectively.
Using MT manager, move the four pictures into 'Huawei' -> 'Themes' -> 'Painted Planet.hwt' -> com.huawei.aod -> 'res' -> 'drawable-xxxhdpi'.
The manager will ask you if you'd like to replace the files, tap 'yes'.
Once you've moved the files back, swipe back untill you get a confirmation that you would like to save the changes to the com.huawei.aod file!. This is an important step!!!
Now navigate back to your app drawer, open the 'Themes' app, navigate to 'Me' in the bottom right corner, 'Themes' and apply the 'Painted Planet' theme. Reboot for the fingerprint animation to take effect.

In order to change the fingerprint animation:
Find an animation that you like. The size of each frame must be 600x600 pixels and the centre of the animation must be a cyan blue circle (approx 220x220 pixels) for the fingerprint reader to correctly read your fingerprint.
Note that the fingerprint animation only supports 12 frames, each frame mut be in '.jpg' format and named 'wave_600x600_black50_01', 'wave_600x600_black50_02'... etc. through 12.
Once you have your 12 pictures, use MT Manager to move them into 'Huawei' -> 'Themes' -> 'Painted Planet.hwt' -> com.huawei.aod -> 'res' -> 'drawable-xxxhdpi' and replace the already existing 12 files wave_600x600_black50_xx' with your correspondingly named pictures.
Once you've moved the files back, swipe back untill you get a confirmation that you would like to save the changes to the com.huawei.aod file!. This is an important step!!!
navigate to 'Me' in the bottom right corner, 'Themes' and apply the 'Painted Planet' theme. Reboot for the fingerprint animation to take effect.

FAQ

Will this change the lock screen unlock animation?
- No, unfortunately not. I'm working on discovering if there's any way of changing that.
Where can I find MT Manager?
- Google it or search Aptoide for it. Be careful with the source you choose for downloading MT Manager.
Can I change my fingerprint animation back to stock?
- Yes! Simply reapply any stock theme and everything will be reverted back to stock.
Will this work for any other device other than the Mate 20 Pro?
- You can try. There's no harm in trying but it most likely won't. For changing the fingerprint animation of a P30 Pro, please see this link: https://forum.xda-developers.com/hua...-icon-t4042211
Attached Files
File Type: zip Painted Planet.zip - [Click for QR Code] (8.20 MB, 1516 views)
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to vPro97 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vPro97 Ad-Free
23rd February 2020, 08:28 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,587

More
Reserved
The Following User Says Thank You to vPro97 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vPro97 Ad-Free
23rd February 2020, 08:41 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Nice job
The Following User Says Thank You to Abup For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Abup Ad-Free
29th February 2020, 01:34 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Thank you @vPro97
2nd March 2020, 02:56 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
It works only on always on display but doesnt on lock screen
2nd March 2020, 03:58 PM |#6  

More
Reserved

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk
4th March 2020, 08:02 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Thank you @vPro97

---------- Post added at 01:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 AM ----------

Thank you @vPro97
15th March 2020, 01:46 PM |#8  

More
Does not work with my M20P
Hi Guys,

I maybe need some help,
I tried everything from doing it myself to using the "Painted Planet"-Theme.

But it just doesn't want to work.
19th March 2020, 01:04 PM |#9  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Did you restart your phone?
19th March 2020, 01:49 PM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingswrath

Did you restart your phone?

Yes I did it with every try
3rd April 2020, 06:03 AM |#11  

More
Me funciono solo que cuando precio no la huella la animación aparece en otra parte de la pantalla ayudaaa
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)