Sep 25, 2012
Here from my Eset Antivirus App... All fine

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190111_205112_com.eset.ems2.gp.jpg
    Screenshot_20190111_205112_com.eset.ems2.gp.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 1,383

Grondah

Jan 7, 2019
No, I think it's because it was removed from the Play Store for whatever reason and is now being sideloaded so it thinks it's fake.

Reactions: 089man

089man

Sep 25, 2012
Sorry for post again... Pls delete this post.. I can't it

Here from my Eset Antivirus App, no Problem with Power Shade App

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190111_205112_com.eset.ems2.gp.jpg
    Screenshot_20190111_205112_com.eset.ems2.gp.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 1,208
Last edited:

jhs39

Oct 8, 2015
Chicago
Android Police posted an article earlier today that says Google considers the app harmful and when AP contacted the developer he claimed the app used a malicious library that he didn't create but he refused to name the library or say what it actually did.

Android Police tends to be pretty developer friendly so to me the article raises serious red flags for anyone using this app.

I also wouldn't be surprised if this XDA thread was actually started by the developer himself pretending to be an XDA member who stumbled across the app.

Last edited:
Reactions: hanifh and Grondah

brunodu91

Apr 15, 2011
48.767034, 1.969104
Hi everyone,

I came across this new app showcased by YouTuber, Mrwhosetheboss in his recent video called Power Shade and oh boy has it revamped my whole notification shade!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3zyFC0pc9I&t=3s

I figured you guys would love it too and decided to share.

Link to App: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/treydev-inc/

I don't know why it's not on the Play Store, I emailed the developer complimenting and asking why it's not on the Play Store, will post back here when I get a response.

I came across this Google Sans font in the app itself and it looks amazing on my notification shade, would anyone know how to get the Google Sans font for my whole device?

Thanks a ton in advance!

Fishing ! Be careful

Google avertissement

lllnutslll

May 21, 2012
Fishing ! Be careful

Google avertissement

Hi, I just wanted to put this out since I posted this.

I am in no way connected to the app, I understand the title does seem like an advertisement but I was so excited coming across this app and having some form of Pixel identity on my Mate 20 Pro [unfortunately the Pixel 3XL is really expensive where I live and I could not get it on monthly installments], I figured I'd share it with all other Mate 20 Pro users.

Again, this is in no way an advertisement, I did email the developer once asking him why the app was not on the play store and the conversation is attached to this post.

Hope this helps clarify things but I am rooting for this app to be cleared and work better, it definitely looked gorgeous!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 647
Reactions: hanifh

Grondah

Jan 7, 2019
Just got an email from the dev saying "It will be fixed today"

If he removes the suspect library and Play Protect is happy then MAYBE I'll go back to it.

dirkzhang

Jun 21, 2018
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
same here. access. permission keep shutting off itself. Disabled battery optimize and gave all permissions required (including auto start etc. in phone manager). any1 knows how to fix that? thx

grizzlyspid86

On mine working perfectly,

- Give notification access
- Give accessibility access
- Give all permission access
- Tick write system apps
- Untick 'Power Shade' in App Launch inside battery settings (leave the 3 option tick)
- Go to Settings > Apps, tap on the top icon, go to Special access > Ignore battery optimization, all apps, select 'dont allow' on Power Shade app.

Restart phone.

takada89

Mar 9, 2019

- Tick write system apps
- Untick 'Power Shade' in App Launch inside battery settings (leave the 3 option tick)
- Go to Settings > Apps, tap on the top icon, go to Special access > Ignore battery optimization, all apps, select 'dont allow' on Power Shade app.

Restart phone.
Thank you. By the way how do you fix the problem with not being able to toggle mobile data ?

MajorAlvega

Apr 27, 2019
Installed it, give all permission, untick from 'Launch' in Battery settings, all works flawlessly. No battery drop because of using it, no performance drop & power shade all the time when i slide down (no more emui stock notification). This is by far the most theme changing using the restricted Emui 9. Good!

tanks for share

---------- Post added at 11:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 AM ----------

- Tick write system apps

Restart phone.

good information,thx

---------- Post added at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 AM ----------

Philips hue shortcuts tiles doesn't work with power shade. The developer doesn't reply.

Same problem,,,

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 AM ----------

Same here too

Gesendet von meinem LYA-L29 mit Tapatalk

same here ...

Sammath

Dec 24, 2008
Nijmegen
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Even though I've tried this app out and it's pretty great I just can't stand the fact that sometimes when I pull down my notification bar it will be the emui one.

That's why I've Uninstalled. (nope it's not closing it, I have Huawei power management disabled through adb)

deloj

Oct 17, 2017
Is there a way to prevent the native notification bar from popping up first when you try to access power shade? Its annoying seeing that first. Is there a way to stop the native notification bar from doing that and allow power shade to operate solo?

Niranjan1998

Jun 4, 2018
For some phones,If power shade doesn't works. Do this ! If you have root then put power shade app in the phone system/app folder using es file explorer it works dammn smooth,even if you swipe power shade app in recent panel and not even accessibility permission gets turned off

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone,

I came across this new app showcased by YouTuber, Mrwhosetheboss in his recent video called Power Shade and oh boy has it revamped my whole notification shade!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3zyFC0pc9I&t=3s

I figured you guys would love it too and decided to share.

Link to App: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/treydev-inc/

I don't know why it's not on the Play Store, I emailed the developer complimenting and asking why it's not on the Play Store, will post back here when I get a response.

I came across this Google Sans font in the app itself and it looks amazing on my notification shade, would anyone know how to get the Google Sans font for my whole device?

Thanks a ton in advance!
    This has been removed from the play store intentionally by Google:

Android Police:

Power Shade and Material Notification Shade removed from the Play Store — Google says malicious, developer responds coyly.
    https://www.androidpolice.com/2019/...ogle-says-malicious-developer-responds-coyly/
    Android Police posted an article earlier today that says Google considers the app harmful and when AP contacted the developer he claimed the app used a malicious library that he didn't create but he refused to name the library or say what it actually did.

Android Police tends to be pretty developer friendly so to me the article raises serious red flags for anyone using this app.

I also wouldn't be surprised if this XDA thread was actually started by the developer himself pretending to be an XDA member who stumbled across the app.
    That’s usually an indication to me that the accessibility service has been disabled. It frequently disables for some reason, I sorta fixed that by turning offf all the battery optimisation etc for the app. Both ways through battery settings and special app permissions OTE=TeeKay35;78482099]Is it normal that i have both the power shade notification shade and the standard emui? depends on where i slide down from[/QUOTE]
    I tried this app but ended up uninstalling it. It's an interesting idea but I noticed that it negatively impacted the performance of my phone. Scrolling within several apps (including Google Play) was less smooth when this app was running as an accessibility service and returned to normal after this app was no longer running.

I also didn't like that it created an overlay not just over the notification shade but also over the system tray. I think the default Huawei system tray with dark theme enabled looks way better than the one this app creates.

I use the 4 button navigation tray option (the 4th button pulls down notifications as an alternative to swiping from the top of the screen) + the built in option to hide the display notch.

Using these options the notification pull down was smooth from the top of the screen but when using the navigation button instead there was a flash of white on either side of the notch every time notifications were pulled down.