FORUMS

[ROM][AL00][5/9/19] Mate 20 X GlobAL00ized 2.2 (EMUI 9.1 fw 120) [Debloated|DeOdex]

5,313 posts
Thanks Meter: 14,173

Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from freeza: v2.2 based on firmware .120 EMUI 9.1 released
Welcome to the Mate 20 X GlobAL00ized project. This ROM's goal is to transform your Chinese AL00 into a global device. This ROM is based on EMUI 9.1 version 9.1.0.120

NOTE: YOU CANNOT DOWNGRADE AFTER UPDATING TO EMUI 9.1. Also, a factory reset is not needed if you are coming from EMUI 9, but if you want to, that's fine.

Join our Telegram group:
Everest Dev

Requirements:
TWRP
Know how to boot into TWRP
EMUI Flasher by @olddroid
EMUI 9.1 (9.1.0.120)
Transformation ROM 2.2
Root with magisk
TWRP image on your PC

Recommendations:
Be decrypted
A factory reset for first time users
Magisk installed to recovery_ramdisk
A backup of your system, preload, product, version, and vendor partitions. Not necessary as erecovery can restore your device, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

Changelog in the second post
Known Issues:
Google Play store is missing
SetupWizard doesn't work for clean flashes
These will be fixed when L29 EMUI 9.1 is released.
Sometimes the device will refuse to boot with magisk root and get stuck at "your device is booting." Hopefully later magisk versions will fix this. For now simply hold the power button down to reboot and try again. You may need to do this several times. but wait a least a minute before you do.

Installation steps:

First and foremost, backup your device. If you use TWRP or hisuite, go ahead and create a backup with either and backup your internal storage.

Step 1:
Start off by downloading and installing EMUI Flasher below:
Download EMUI Flasher

Step 2:
Download EMUI 9.1 9.1.0.120 AND Transformation ROM 2.2 with either your phone or PC below:
Download EMUI 9.1 version 9.1.0.120
Download Transformation ROM 2.2

Step 3: If you have downloaded EMUI 9.1 and Transformation ROM 2.2 with your phone, skip to step 3.5
Copy EMUI 9.1 (update_full_base.zip) and Transformation ROM 2.2 to your device.

Step 3.5: Now's a good time to disable any magisk modules that may modify or write over system files designed for EMUI 9, they more than likely will not be compatible with EMUI 9.1 and could cause bootloops.

Step 4:
Open EMUI Flasher and select the update_full_base.zip and start the flash.

If you want to remain on EMUI 9.1 official without the Transformation ROM, simply let EMUI Flasher do its thing and you're done. Otherwise, continue on below.

At this point, EMUI Flasher will copy the update_full_base.zip to /data and automatically reboot the phone to nocheck recovery. You will need to pay attention. The flashing process will take less than 3 minutes and when it is done, you will need to boot into fastboot with the phone connected to a PC and the volume DOWN button held.

Step 5:
Once you are in fastboot, open a command prompt/terminal where the TWRP image is located and issue the command "fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk twrp.img"

Step 6:
Issue the command "fastboot reboot" and immediately unplug your device from the computer and begin holding volume UP AND power (release POWER after the display turns on but continue holding volume UP) to get into TWRP.

Note: If for some reason you don't get into TWRP and instead get the boot screen telling you to press volume up for 3 seconds, do that to get to eRecovery, then SHUT DOWN from eRecovery. Once fully shut down, hold volume UP and power until the device vibrates and the display powers on--at this point you may release the power button but CONTINUE HOLDING VOLUME UP until the phone comes on and says it is booting.

Step 7:
Once you are in TWRP, flash Transformation ROM 2.2. The ROM will flash magisk as well but you will still need to have magisk manager if it isn't already installed.

Step 8:
Reboot Recovery from TWRP if you want root, or Reboot System from TWRP if you don't.

Step 9:
Rejoice!

XDA:DevDB Information
GlobAL00ized ROM, ROM for the Huawei Mate 20 X

Contributors
freeza
ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: TWRP

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 2.2
Stable Release Date: 2019-05-09

Created 2019-04-13
Last Updated 2019-05-09
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to freeza For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th April 2019, 06:17 AM |#2  
Changelog
5/9/19: updated for fw 120 with May 2019 Security Patch.
4/22/19: updated for fw 119
4/12/19: Initial release
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freeza For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th April 2019, 07:39 AM |#4  
Flag Hanoi
Thanks Meter: 7,165

More
Great work !

Gửi từ EVR-AL00 của tôi bằng cách sử dụng Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to ksr007 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ksr007 Ad-Free
13th April 2019, 03:30 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 333

More
Can i flash the 9.1 beta without unlocked bootloader?
13th April 2019, 04:56 PM |#6  
Flag Oxford
Thanks Meter: 30

More
You are a superstar! 🤩🤩🤩
The Following User Says Thank You to Abdul Oxford For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Abdul Oxford Ad-Free
13th April 2019, 09:01 PM |#7  
Flag Oxford

More
I messed up. When the EMUI flasher exited EMUI to install the base, I thought it had already installed the base, and I had missed the part where I needed to hold the volume down button, and I thought the phone was being encrypted. So I force closed the phone, and booted into TWRP and installed the 2.0 ROM. So I mistakingly installed the 2.0ROM without installing the upto date base. When I realised what I had done, I installed the new base and then the 2.0 ROM again. But ever since the phone has been buggy, e.g. if I do 2 finger touch, it exits the app I'm in. Also, now when I try to get into TWRP, it takes me to Stock eRecovery, even after I flash TWRP with ADB. And also now I am stuck in a bootloop.

I am currently using stock eRecovery to reinstall upto date package and recovery. What should I do from here to get back to 2.0 ROM. Thanks in advance.
13th April 2019, 10:31 PM |#8  
Flag Oxford

More
Stock eRecovery downgraded to EMUI 9.0.0.200!!! Not sure what to do from here. Will keep tinkering.
The Following User Says Thank You to Abdul Oxford For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Abdul Oxford Ad-Free
13th April 2019, 10:37 PM |#9  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdul Oxford

Stock eRecovery downgraded to EMUI 9.0.0.200!!! Not sure what to do from here. Will keep tinkering.

Nice. Was unaware that it would work.

Sent from my EVR-AL00 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freeza For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th April 2019, 03:32 AM |#10  
Flag Roanoke
Thanks Meter: 61

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by freeza

Welcome to the Mate 20 X GlobAL00ized project. This ROM's goal is to transform your Chinese AL00 into a global device. This ROM is based on EMUI 9.1 Beta version 9.1.0.115

NOTE: YOU CANNOT DOWNGRADE AFTER UPDATING TO EMUI 9.1 BETA. Also, a factory reset is not needed if you are coming from EMUI 9, but if you want to, that's fine.

Join our Telegram group:
Everest Dev

Requirements:
TWRP
Know how to boot into TWRP
EMUI Flasher by @olddroid
EMUI 9.1 BETA 9.1.0.115
Transformation ROM 2.0 beta
Root with magisk
TWRP image on your PC

Recommendations:
Be decrypted
A factory reset for first time users
Magisk installed to recovery_ramdisk
A backup of your system, preload, product, version, and vendor partitions. Not necessary as erecovery can restore your device, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

Changelog in the second post

Installation steps:

First and foremost, backup your device. If you use TWRP or hisuite, go ahead and create a backup with either and backup your internal storage.

Step 1:
Start off by downloading and installing EMUI Flasher below:
Download EMUI Flasher

Step 2:
Download EMUI 9.1 Beta 9.1.0.115 AND Transformation ROM 2.0 beta with either your phone or PC below:
Download EMUI 9.1 Beta version 9.1.0.115
Download Transformation ROM 2.0 Beta

Step 3: If you have downloaded EMUI 9.1 beta and Transformation ROM 2.0 beta with your phone, skip to step 3.5
Copy EMUI 9.1 Beta (update_full_base.zip) and Transformation ROM 2.0 beta to your device.

Step 3.5: Now's a good time to disable any magisk modules that may modify or write over system files designed for EMUI 9, they more than likely will not be compatible with EMUI 9.1 and could cause bootloops.

Step 4:
Open EMUI Flasher and select the update_full_base.zip and start the flash.

If you want to remain on EMUI 9.1 Beta official without the Transformation ROM, simply let EMUI Flasher do its thing and you're done. Otherwise, continue on below.

At this point, EMUI Flasher will copy the update_full_base.zip to /data and automatically reboot the phone to nocheck recovery. You will need to pay attention. The flashing process will take less than 3 minutes and when it is done, you will need to boot into fastboot with the phone connected to a PC and the volume DOWN button held.

Step 5:
Once you are in fastboot, open a command prompt/terminal where the TWRP image is located and issue the command "fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk twrp.img"

Step 6:
Issue the command "fastboot reboot" and immediately unplug your device from the computer and begin holding volume UP to get into TWRP.

Note: If for some reason you don't get into TWRP and instead get the boot screen telling you to press volume up for 3 seconds, do that to get to eRecovery, then SHUT DOWN from eRecovery. Once fully shut down, hold volume UP and power until the device vibrates, at this point you may release the power button but CONTINUE HOLDING VOLUME UP until the phone comes on and says it is booting.

Step 7:
Once you are in TWRP, flash Transformation ROM 2.0 beta. The ROM will flash magisk as well but you will still need to have magisk manager if it isn't already installed.

Step 8:
Reboot Recovery from TWRP if you want root, or Reboot System from TWRP if you don't.

Step 9:
Rejoice!

XDA:DevDB Information
GlobAL00ized ROM, ROM for the Huawei Mate 20 X

Contributors
freeza
ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: TWRP

Version Information
Current Beta Version: 2.0
Beta Release Date: 2019-04-12

Created 2019-04-13
Last Updated 2019-04-13

Huawei's dialer is not functioning right with new update. Is there a newer one with the 9.1. beta?
14th April 2019, 05:45 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 229

More
Is it really not possible to make a TWRP flashable stock full ROM? Then, flash the ROM after... I don't want to take the risk of doing it the EMUI flasher way again as I did before and messed up.

Or can you make a version using the method described here? Only If it's not too much to ask. Thank you.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/hua...131-8-t3809964

Sent from my HUAWEI EVR-AL00 using XDA Labs
The Following User Says Thank You to flatronics For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift flatronics Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)